• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UoOFsPCUM

Gaga performing Poker Face acoustically, pretty recent. Watching this I feel like I'm looking at Gaga in 40 years, and it makes me really happy for some reason, lol. Just this old glamorous drag queen with a dusty old wig and some sequins, schmoozing with an audience in a cabaret setting. I can see her getting over the top 40 radio grind and becoming this kind of cult figure (like Bette or Cyndi) with a specific legion of fans, and all she really cares about is catering to them. It's kind of bittersweet. This woman was born to perform and she'll be doing it 'til her last breath. <3

Her acoustic performances have such a calming effect on me. They just remind me that even though this era has started with a bit of a misstep that she still has the talent, and the ability and the skill and even if she was never able to catch the magic of TFM again she could just sit down at a piano and slay me

Nemesis_

Gaga, Nicki and (nearly) Rihanna even sold out the Burswood Dome (which has since been demolished) which held 21,754.

The "stadium" that Taylor played here sat 20,441 (the record attendance at said venue was 27k in the 60s).

Girl please, your STADIUMS ain't shit.

ibjIcfkpaY3slB.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
One month today until Katy B blesses us with Little Red.

1. 'Next Thing' - Live @ XOYO
2. '5 AM' - Official Video
3. 'Aaliyah' feat. Jessie Ware - Official Lyric Video
4. 'Crying For No Reason' - Official Video
5. 'I Like You' - Official Audio
6. 'All My Lovin'' - Live @ XOYO
7. 'Tumbling Down'
8. 'Everything'
9. 'Play' feat. Sampha
10. 'Sapphire Blue' - Live @ XOYO
11. 'Emotions'
12. 'Still'
Deluxe Edition
13. "Blue Eyes”
14. “Stay Down”
15. “Hot Like Fire” - Live @ XOYO
16. “Wicked Love”
17. “Sky Is the Limit”

This album is going to be so good
iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

Mumei

Her acoustic performances have such a calming effect on me. They just remind me that even though this era has started with a bit of a misstep that she still has the talent, and the ability and the skill and even if she was never able to catch the magic of TFM again she could just sit down at a piano and slay me

Mm. That's about the only thing I still like about her.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah and Beyoncé need to release their hot MILF collab where they sing about being the baddest bitches STILL and get a number one.
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Styles

Gaga, Nicki and (nearly) Rihanna even sold out the Burswood Dome (which has since been demolished) which held 21,754.

The "stadium" that Taylor played here sat 20,441 (the record attendance at said venue was 27k in the 60s).

Girl please, your STADIUMS ain't shit.

ibjIcfkpaY3slB.gif

The receipts are there; She sold out all of her stadium dates. Continue to dismiss them and belittle her achievements.The fact of the matter is, you doubted Her powers to sell out stadiums and got CLOCKED. End of.

iMRUpws6n3fqG.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

7. 'Tumbling Down'
8. 'Everything'
9. 'Play' feat. Sampha
11. 'Emotions'
12. 'Still'
Deluxe Edition
13. "Blue Eyes&#8221;
14. &#8220;Stay Down&#8221;
15. &#8220;Hot Like Fire&#8221; - Live @ XOYO
16. &#8220;Wicked Love&#8221;
17. &#8220;Sky Is the Limit&#8221;

iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif
yaaaas you better take trollcuntimesia's place stanning katy b

let me join you
Stefan&#8482;;95698252 said:
The receipts are there; She sold out all of her stadium dates. Continue to dismiss them and belittle her achievements.The fact of the matter is, you doubted Her powers to sell out stadiums and got CLOCKED. End of.

iMRUpws6n3fqG.gif

NOT THE RAINBOW SPONGE WOMAN

LET ME GO REWATCH THIS VIDEO

[edit]

YseL9K8.png

i'm done

7. 'Tumbling Down'
8. 'Everything'
9. 'Play' feat. Sampha
11. 'Emotions'
12. 'Still'
Deluxe Edition
13. "Blue Eyes”
14. “Stay Down”
16. “Wicked Love”
17. “Sky Is the Limit”

iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

This album is going to be flawless. Her last album was one of my favourites from 2011,

Drunk Leona again

G0MHCHR.gif

In unrelated news, she also announced that she recorded a bunch of new songs during the Christmas With Love sessions that will be used for her next album. So maybe I'll get my non-festive Leona fix sooner than I thought :-3

How is she even a signed to a label at this point?
Simon will never drop her. She can flop from here to eternity, but he's always been very open about the fact that Leona was the act who gave X-Factor its legitimacy, and he's 100% right. He's indebted to her.

Not like Christmas With Love was a failure, though. "One More Sleep" gave Leona her first hit in the UK since 2009, and CWL far exceeded her label's expectations. It eclipsed Glassheart's entire sales to date in two weeks, and probably cost a lot less to produce.

Touchdown

Banned
Simon will never drop her. She can flop from here to eternity, but he's always been very open about the fact that Leona was the act who gave X-Factor its legitimacy, and he's 100% right. He's indebted to her.

Not like Christmas With Love was a failure, though. "One More Sleep" gave Leona her first hit in the UK since 2009, and CWL far exceeded her label's expectations. It eclipsed Glassheart's entire sales to date in two weeks, and probably cost a lot less to produce.

As long as she still has the talent and can sing you really can't ever say an artist is "done." She just needs the right song and she'll be back in the game.

As long as she still has the talent and can sing you really can't ever say an artist is "done." She just needs the right song and she'll be back in the game.
Unfortunately, she has a bad habit of passing along "the right song" to other artists time and time again :p

But yes, the sentiment is accurate.

(Ready for Mariah's second TEoM tbh)

Nebula

7. 'Tumbling Down'
8. 'Everything'
9. 'Play' feat. Sampha
11. 'Emotions'
12. 'Still'
Deluxe Edition
13. "Blue Eyes”
14. “Stay Down”
16. “Wicked Love”
17. “Sky Is the Limit”

iPZPuNu8OcdBZ.gif

Not heard anything from Katy B for awhile now. This is sounding great though. I shall wait for this to drop.

I am eternally finisheD

NOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOO

#DEAD #DEAD #DEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UoOFsPCUM

Gaga performing Poker Face acoustically, pretty recent. Watching this I feel like I'm looking at Gaga in 40 years, and it makes me really happy for some reason, lol. Just this old glamorous drag queen with a dusty old wig and some sequins, schmoozing with an audience in a cabaret setting. I can see her getting over the top 40 radio grind and becoming this kind of cult figure (like Bette or Cyndi) with a specific legion of fans, and all she really cares about is catering to them. It's kind of bittersweet. This woman was born to perform and she'll be doing it 'til her last breath. <3

<3 <3 <3 This made me smile.

When was this though?

Matt_

yaaaas you better take trollcuntimesia's place stanning katy b

let me join you

Gotta keep the good sis' spirit living on.

Slow is such a good song, Kylie is such a queen doing it live too, walking over her dancers like the servants they are

royalan

Really, girls - the link to Godel's Tumblr is located in the most obvious place to look. Happy Hunting.

Godel's rocking some scruf these days, I C. Nice look. ^_-

Every so often I get the urge to start tumbling again. I only really do it when there's a show on that I stan, and then I'll tumblr-watch.

So of course that's what I'll be doing when Shameless gets back. ;____;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hello from Hip-Hop GAF. Are y'all as excited for Lana's record as the rest of civilized humanity?

i've really got it into my head that 'ULTRAVIOLENCE' sounds like it really ought to be a dark disco record and now i feel like i'm going to be disappointed if it isn't

but yes mostly

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
i've really got it into my head that 'ULTRAVIOLENCE' sounds like it really ought to be a dark disco record and now i feel like i'm going to be disappointed if it isn't

but yes mostly

I think it's the first semi-popish album I've been stoked for in about 2 decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom