• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelis is set to release her new album, 'Food', on April 28, 2014.

Flesh Tone was a religious experience, get excited.

ibyRlI5Vc8X8bg.gif

I LOVED Flesh Tone, and Food releases on my birthday!! Thank you Queen Kelis :'D

Re: Britney Spears--I was watching I Am Britney Jean today, and her rehearsal footage looked about the same as the performance clips I've seen :(. I don't really have a stake in any of this, I was never an actual fan but I loved so many of her singles over the years. What happened to her exactly? I get that she's had children and she's been through a lot mentally and emotionally but why can't she dance like before? I want to use Beyoncé as an example of having kids not destroying your ability to dance but I know people will bring up the fake pregnancy thing... but there are others, right? JLo? Madonna? Is it simply that she's not into it? She seems a lot happier and more stable and Vegas seems like something she's happy about... what's the deal?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
BBC's Sound of 2014 Playlist. There usually pretty spot on with predicting whos going to be big and put out decent stuff, Last year they picked HAIM, Angel Haze, Aluna George, Laura Mvula and CVRCHES.

The Long List:
Banks
Chance The Rapper
Ella Eyre
George Ezra
FKA Twigs
Chloe Howl
Jungle
Kelela
MNEK
Nick Mulvey
Royal Blood
Sampha
Say Lou Lou
Luke Sital-Singh
Sam Smith

Still going through the playlist, but Banks, Ella Eyre and Chloe Howl are all great

Zutroy

Happy New Year all!

Now to business...

I see Britney's got the fighters pressed (again). The show is both getting reviewed and selling well so far. Funny they go for her dancing when with the exception of J.Lo, she's still the best of the big stars.

The show looks amazing and I can't wait to see it. I will give you one point, it is a bit disappointing she's not singing anything live. There's never been a show when she doesn't do at least Everytime live so it's odd that she isn't for this one.

It's also funny to see the fighters claiming that Brit is done and lazy. What's the phrase about glass houses again? Let's examine xtinct's career. 8 years since she last had a number one album, 13 years since she last had a number one single, 7 years since she could last be bothered going on tour, and so far had the effort to make 1 music video for her latest era (2 if you count holding up a sign for a few seconds).

Her career now consists of sitting on a chair and pulling a bitchy face. Funny how the fighters go on about how successful she is on the Voice, yet can't use any of that success to forward her personal career.

And speaking of voice, fighters go for Brit's decaying dancing, let's not get started on Xtina's rapidly disintegrating tool! Xtina is now a adds nothing features artist, as shown by her latest effort, the inferior DWUW.

So do what your favourite does best, sit.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Happy New Year all!

Now to business...

I see Britney's got the fighters pressed (again). The show is both getting reviewed and selling well so far. Funny they go for her dancing when with the exception of J.Lo, she's still the best of the big stars.
Funny they go for her dancing when with the exception of J.Lo, she's still the best of the big stars.
with the exception of J.Lo, she's still the best of the big stars.

iyS4saI3hYqDe.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Happy New Year all!

Now to business...

The show looks amazing and I can't wait to see it. I will give you one point, it is a bit disappointing she's not singing anything live. There's never been a show when she doesn't do at least Everytime live so it's odd that she isn't for this one.

It's also funny to see the fighters claiming that Brit is done and lazy. What's the phrase about glass houses again? Let's examine xtinct's career. 8 years since she last had a number one album, 13 years since she last had a number one single, 7 years since she could last be bothered going on tour, and so far had the effort to make 1 music video for her latest era (2 if you count holding up a sign for a few seconds).

Her career now consists of sitting on a chair and pulling a bitchy face. Funny how the fighters go on about how successful she is on the Voice, yet can't use any of that success to forward her personal career.

And speaking of voice, fighters go for Brit's decaying dancing, let's not get started on Xtina's rapidly disintegrating tool! Xtina is now a adds nothing features artist, as shown by her latest effort, the inferior DWUW.

Drag them to the pits and let them RIP in piss with their fave's career.

Now on to important business.

ibaS3YMa5j7VmX.gif

As someone that actually went to the Piece of Me show in Vegas, I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I'm just what I consider a casual fan. The rest of the crowd, consisting of a mix between uber fans, casual fans and just people who wanted something to do or a show to catch seemed to have enjoyed it too.

The spectacle itself was awesome and her energy (contrary to what I'm reading here) was on point for most if not all the show. Re: lipsynching...who the hell goes to a Britney Spears show expecting live vocals anyways? That's just like going to a Katy Perry show and expecting on key singing, it just is not gonna happen. Could she have been more engaging? Probably but once again, that's just not the artist Britney is and pretty much ever was.

With that said, the show was insanely entertaining from beginning to end. I haven't seen the videos, but I doubt they do the show justice. She absolutely killed some of the songs and even some of the choreo-lite routines, got the crowd going (I Wanna Go, the ballads and Lucky) When she danced, she danced. She messed up a bit on Me Against The Music in the show but picked it up almost instantly and from I can tell, there weren't any other hiccups.

So yeah, I don't get where all the needless hate is coming from unless the videos really do make the show seem worse. I mean, based on what it seems y'all are saying, you'd think she just sits on a chair and takes a 90 minute nap while her music plays.

royalan

Happy New Year all!

Now to business...

Let's examine some truths here:

1) Your fave can't sing.

2) Your fave can't dance.

3) Your fave can't even lip-sync properly anymore.

4) You fave can no longer make good music.

5) Your fave can't even pretend to be bothered in interviews.

6) Your fave looks like an over-boiled bratwurst in every costume she wears despite her team going on and on about how much she works out.

7) Your fave has literally no control over her life and gets trotted out like a circus freak whenever her father needs to fill his coffers with more money and the last bit of his daughter's dignity.

8) Hell, your fave can't tell whether or not she's drooling on camera.

But do what a Britney stan does best: when times are tough cry out, "b-b-but Christina!" Only...Britney's now the pathetic has-been flop and that excuse has run out. Say what you want about Christina, but at least she's a Grown-ass Woman who can do whatever the fuck she wants to. At least she's still capable of finding success in her career and under her own cognizance, as her successful singles and continued radio relevance have shown. And when Christina gets on a stage, at least her fans can say with confidence that she's doing what she loves to do, and at least Christina can muster up enough energy to at least look involved.

And yes, Christina gets paid millions to sit her beautiful ass down on the most popular singing competition in the country and judge lessors, and when she left for one season? They paid her MORE to come back. Hun, not only was your fave basically given the boot from her "me too!" stint on Flop Factor, but it's hardly fair to say she was there at all - it'd be better to give credit whoever the hell it was pulling her strings back stage.

You Britney stans have been running from the truth for a while but you've now hit a wall: your fave is done. She's over. Her appeal, her power, her talent, and her ability to snatch are finished and what remains of any of it is now hanging by a wire in Vegas for the entire world to LAUGH AT. And once those two years of hell are over your fave is slinking off to some hovel in LA to grow even fatter, lazier and talentless than she is today.

Meanwhile, not only has Christina maintained her relevance (under her own power, mind you), but she's quite easily on the verge of a comeback. Must suck.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
As someone that actually went to the Piece of Me show in Vegas, I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, and I'm just what I consider a casual fan. The rest of the crowd, consisting of a mix between uber fans, casual fans and just people who wanted something to do or a show to catch seemed to have enjoyed it too.

The spectacle itself was awesome and her energy (contrary to what I'm reading here) was on point for most if not all the show. Re: lipsynching...who the hell goes to a Britney Spears show expecting live vocals anyways? That's just like going to a Katy Perry show and expecting on key singing, it just is not gonna happen. Could she have been more engaging? Probably but once again, that's just not the artist Britney is and pretty much ever was.

With that said, the show was insanely entertaining from beginning to end. I haven't seen the videos, but I doubt they do the show justice. She absolutely killed some of the songs and even some of the choreo-lite routines, got the crowd going (I Wanna Go, the ballads and Lucky) When she danced, she danced. She messed up a bit on Me Against The Music in the show but picked it up almost instantly and from I can tell, there weren't any other hiccups.

So yeah, I don't get where all the needless hate is coming from unless the videos really do make the show seem worse. I mean, based on what it seems y'all are saying, you'd think she just sits on a chair and takes a 90 minute nap while her music plays.
No don't you get it it's so bad it LITERALLY TRAVELLED BACKWARDS IN TIME AND RUINED POP MUSIC. Literally.

royalan

Could she have been more engaging? Probably but once again, that's just not the artist Britney is and pretty much ever was.

LOL.

I have NEVER seen so many excuses made for why a chick in the running to be Queen of Pop (well, was. That ship has definitely sailed) can't do basic things like BE ENGAGING.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Let's examine some truths here:

1) Your fave can't sing.

2) Your fave can't dance.

3) Your fave can't even lip-sync properly anymore.

4) You fave can no longer make good music.

5) Your fave can't even pretend to be bothered in interviews.

6) Your fave looks like an over-boiled bratwurst in every costume she wears despite her team going on and on about how much she works out.

7) Your fave has literally no control over her life and gets trotted out like a circus freak whenever her father needs to fill his coffers with more money and the last bit of his daughter's dignity.

8) Hell, your fave can't tell whether or not she's drooling on camera.

But do what a Britney stan does best: when times are tough cry out, "b-b-but Christina!" Only...Britney's now the pathetic has-been flop and that excuse has run out. Say what you want about Christina, but at least she's a Grown-ass Woman who can do whatever the fuck she wants to. At least she's still capable of finding success in her career and under her own cognizance, as her successful singles and continued radio relevance have shown. And when Christina gets on a stage, at least her fans can say with confidence that she's doing what she loves to do, and at least Christina can muster up enough energy to at least look involved.

And yes, Christina gets paid millions to sit her beautiful ass down on the most popular singing competition in the country and judge lessors, and when she left for one season? They paid her MORE to come back. Hun, not only was your fave basically given the boot from her "me too!" stint on Flop Factor, but it's hardly fair to say she was there at all - it'd be better to give credit whoever the hell it was pulling her strings back stage.

You Britney stans have been running from the truth for a while but you've now hit a wall: your fave is done. She's over. Her appeal, her power, her talent, and her ability to snatch are finished and what remains of any of it is now hanging by a wire in Vegas for the entire world to LAUGH AT. And once those two years of hell are over your fave is slinking off to some hovel in LA to grow even fatter, lazier and talentless than she is today.

Meanwhile, not only has Christina maintained her relevance (under her own power, mind you), but she's quite easily on the verge of a comeback. Must suck.

ETHERED.

Good god at that skull drag

LOL.

I have NEVER seen so many excuses made for why a chick in the running to be Queen of Pop (well, was. That ship has definitely sailed) can't do basic things like BE ENGAGING.

Don't you stan Christina though? The same Christina that hasn't even been able to tour in almost a decade? And even when she did tour, Christina didn't do much engaging with the public either and when she did, she came off as a bitch so..iunno where you're coming from. I mean, it must hurt that someone who was also in the running to be "Pop Queen" is now known more as a reality show persona than an artist but you shouldn't really take your anger out on Britney.

royalan

Don't you stan Christina though? The same Christina that hasn't even been able to tour in almost a decade? And even when she did tour, Christina didn't do much engaging with the public either and when she did, she came off as a bitch so..iunno where you're coming from. I mean, it must hurt that someone who was also in the running to be "Pop Queen" is now known more as a reality show persona than an artist but you shouldn't really take your anger out on Britney.

Sorry, but if Christina were ever as big a mess as Britney currently is (and shall apparently remain), I think even the #Fighters would tell her to stay home.

As such, my fave still performs, still makes music, has an album likely coming out this year and will likely tour for it at well (as has been heavily rumored with all the private concerts she's been doing. One more excuse getting ready to be thrown out the window). And she's doing all this in HER time and because SHE wants to. Is my fave's profile as big it once was? No. But neither is Britney's. At least Christina REMAINS the #BadBitch she always was and does whatever the hell she wants. The Army has the herculean task ahead of them of decorating a turd with potpourri and claiming it fierce.

Britney fans would be better served figuring out why NOBODY seems to want Britney to be happy despite the fact that she's clearly so fucking miserable.

For what it's worth though, Britney vs. Christina stan wars have much more entertainment value in them than seeing a Katy vs GaGa fight for the millionth time. Maybe it has to do with both's general irrelevence (though if that's the case, seems like Gags is gonna be joining those ranks soon enough)

For what it's worth though, Britney vs. Christina stan wars have much more entertainment value in them than seeing a Katy vs GaGa fight for the millionth time. Maybe it has to do with both's general irrelevence (though if that's the case, seems like Gags is gonna be joining those ranks soon enough)

Katy and Gaga stans don't have the same rivalry that Xtina and Knee do. It's not the same. If anything it would be Gaga v. Madonna and Katy v. live singing.

Katy and Gaga stans don't have the same rivalry that Xtina and Knee do. It's not the same. If anything it would be Gaga v. Madonna and Katy v. live singing.
negativeman.gif

There was a time, though, when I thought she had a decent voice for lite-rock, Avril Lavigne style. "Circle the Drain" is an excellent track.

Matt_

Katy and Gaga only came about because of the timing
Really its
Xtina vs Britney
Gaga vs Madonna
Beyonce vs Rihanna
Rih vs Katy
Nicki vs Kim
Azealia vs everyone
and Cher vs Twitter

Matt_

You can't call brit and xtina irrelevant and drag up that pair
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

Besides, it was all about Mcfly vs Busted. Girls Aloud and Sugababes too

Nemesis_

“Let’s say it is a mix between that part avant-garde had ‘Slow’ or, at least, really different from the pop then this classic side found in the ‘Love At First Sight’ and its modern, contemporary, ‘[Can't] Get You Out of My Head’ … We pray for a new ‘Can’t Get’! … Yes, I think it is really a ‘Kylie song’ whatever the definition given to it. This song fits this range is mine. Because I am a performer, I do not like being locked into a single job.”

Bc2jxojIcAAUyC0.jpg

Look into this however you like.

irFIPJQVHd1Km.gif

Fey

Banned
Into The Blue is cuming
2ed0be19.gif

And some news article that was fawning over Bey made a small comment that Madonna's releasing a new album in 2014. Who knows, but considering she has that contract, and instagram'd that 2014 will be her year, and said in her AMA on reddit that she's been feeling inspired lately ...
777ff663.gif

Matt_

That entire write up has left me so confused. Can anyone give a translation?

royalan

Speaking of Legendtina.

The Queen was paid a cool 5 million to do another private concert in Russia over New Years.

Here's a compilation of the instagram videos taken that night.

She ducked a few F5s, but what I love is that you can clearly tell she's getting her voice back into shape with each performance. She was solid and on-pitch, her voice didn't break, and she faithfully reproduced all of her songs. She was also engaging and live the entire night.

The comeback is coming. ;____;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
XO is flopping on Radio and iTunes
mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

yeah, the singles were always going to be interesting. i'm not really surprised.

beyoncé still won 2013 with the best album of the year though so i'm not especially bothered. maybe if her career depended on living single to single i'd be concerned.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Singles have to push the album when the hype dies.

Beyonce has no singles
mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

she's already had a smash era, destroyed records left and right, made pop culture history and cemented herself as the queen of pop on a single night when nobody even thought she had an album coming

stay reaching for that wig, maybe some day you'll get a grasp of it

Matt_

I'm sure Beyonce isn't too bothered about having 'no singles' considering she will have outsold Rihanna's last two albums in a month. Stay reaching and ignoring the existence of Drunk In Love though

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm sure Beyonce isn't too bothered about having 'no singles' considering she will have outsold Rihanna's last two albums in a month. Stay reaching and ignoring the existence of Drunk In Love though

Why did you bring Rihanna up when no one was speaking about her? Not you having to use an artist who doesn't sell albums to make another artist's sales look good.
mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

I see the BeyWagon is still in FULL EFFECT. A mess
mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Matt_

Why did you bring Rihanna up when no one was speaking about her? Not you having to use an artist who doesn't sell albums to make another artist's sales look good.
mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Not you having to bring up single performance to try and downplay a fantastic start to an era

royalan

Beyoncé has no radio potential as an album. A solid experiment executed flawlessly, but none of the songs are really catchy or infectious. Beyoncé really does't have a "moment" to rally around in the same vein as Katy Perry's "Roar" or Rihanna's "Diamonds".

"Drunk in Love" will do well on Urban and that's about it.

Once the release hype has died down and the numbers have dropped, that's it. I don't see Bey being able to sustain this album past 3x platinum....not that that number isn't impressive, mind you. I just don't see the album having any sort of longevity beyond the BAM! of its release.

...unless, of course, Beyonce goes back into the studio, creates some radio hits, and then re-releases the album. Knowing her as well as I do, that's probably exactly what she has planned.

I've heard Drunk In Love several times on our local radio on the hip-hop and RnB stations (two separate ones), it seems to be doing well locally at least.

Forget about Britney, I just stopped being a Miley fan today

dailymail said:
Miley disses Beyonce: Cyrus claims she's the 'only white singer who can fill slot' for new pop blood as she blames motherhood for Queen Bey losing her edge

Lashing out: Miley Cyrus hits out at the toll motherhood has taken on Beyonce's body in the March 2014 issue of Love magazine and says she is the only person who can steal the star's crown

'I'm the only white female singer that could fill that slot right now and do it right, you know.'

And she fucking continues.

Miley went on to insist that although Beyonce is talented, she has been 'out of the game for too long' and say it’s time for younger artists such as herself to shine.

'Beyonce has been a big inspiration to me but she’s been out for such a long time,' Miley told Love magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com.

'She's so talented and I think she's at the top of the game now but people are always looking for new blood and that’s what I bring to the game now, new blood.'

I got the total package you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I'm just the best

'I just feel like I was born for this time right now. I'm just the total package, you know? All things must start and end and I hope to have the same success as other icons in the game when my run is over. But for now, my run is just starting.'

The rest here

Tumblr_m4bjed7EqE1ruv08xo3_500.gif

It's time for her to go. I'm officially done... I don't even care if this is untrue or not, the fact that she went there....

royalan

I've seen that floating around the net. But I need more verification (besides HollywoodLife and Perez Hilton) before I believe it.

That interview just sounds TOO ridiculous to believe. Even for Miley.

Yado

That article sounds fake, it misquotes itself? "out of the game for too long" and "out for such a long time" don't mean the same thing.

Even if it isn't I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Everyone has dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom