• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mlh50epiry1r90m4vo1_500.png

NNNnnn

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ch.

Azealia is coming and she is going to grind your faves and chew them up with her Invisalign straightened teeth.

photo_name.gif

#YearOfAzealia

Aguila

#ICONIC
Her album its good and its out cant say the same about amnesia blanks

I'll give her album a chance one of these days. Echelon was gewd, but I wasn't feeling some of her other YouTube stuff.

btw, I'm revisiting Utopia and it's slaying me. I'm sad Kerli is dropping the electronic sound for ha next album
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

royalan

I've been thinking about this since MKS' debut single Flatline...well, flatlined:

The way the UK handles music releases makes no damn sense today.

I mean, think about it: MKS' formation and their debut single was a big deal, but it the made the biggest splash on the internet - among pop enthusiasts who follow music on the internet. Not that this is a small audience of course (the net has sent songs straight to number 1 before), but this is a different audience that has to be targeted a different way. Basically, you need to strike while the iron is hot. But MKS did the exact opposite of that, and didn't officially release their debut single until weeks (months?) after they'd debuted the single and released the lyric video AND the actual video. They'd all but guaranteed that the very audience who was the most excited about MKS has already heard the single, pirated the single, played out the single, and tired of the single before they even released it. Hell, they even made Flatline available on their Soundcloud, and it's still there! It's almost as is they didn't want the single to perform well.

And now Kylie's single is being premiered on the 27th of this month, and the video has already been shot so it won't be too far away...but the single's not actually being made available to buy until March 16th, well over a month and half away!!!

HOW IN THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?!?

Aguila

#ICONIC
I've been thinking about this since MKS' debut single Flatline...well, flatlined:

The way the UK handles music releases makes no damn sense today.

I mean, think about it: MKS' formation and their debut single was a big deal, but it the made the biggest splash on the internet - among pop enthusiasts who follow music on the internet. Not that this is a small audience of course (the net has sent songs straight to number 1 before), but this is a different audience that has to be targeted a different way. Basically, you need to strike while the iron is hot. But MKS did the exact opposite of that, and didn't officially release their debut single until weeks (months?) after they'd debuted the single and released the lyric video AND the actual video. They'd all but guaranteed that the very audience who was the most excited about MKS has already heard the single, pirated the single, played out the single, and tired of the single before they even released it. Hell, they even made Flatline available on their Soundcloud, and it's still there! It's almost as is they didn't want the single to perform well.

And now Kylie's single is being premiered on the 27th of this month, and the video has already been shot so it won't be too far away...but the single's not actually being made available to buy until March 16th, well over a month and half away!!!

HOW IN THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?!?

I would assume (not knowing anything about how the UK music industry works) that it has to do with a mix of marketing exposure, radio play, and tradition.

Maybe it used to work better when singles/albums were bought mainly in physical forms, but now this strategy is losing its effectiveness because of the internet/instant gratification?
777ff663.gif

Gaga's seemingly recent inability to stomach criticism is mind boggling.

Did she seriously just use the "if you're not x then you can't criticize y" argument?

Gaga niece, get away from the Monsturds. They're really fucking you up.

I'll be straight up; ARTPOP is an excellent album.

I HONESTLY don't understand the hate. If anything the number of records sold is dictating and influencing peoples opinion and hate of the album which is BULLSHIT.

Listen to the album OR any album MORE THAN ONCE and in different settings/environments at different times while you're in different moods to really get A feel for the music. After that call it TRASH.

Respectfully,

@teamteamjones

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'll be straight up; ARTPOP is an excellent album.

I HONESTLY don't understand the hate. If anything the number of records sold is dictating and influencing peoples opinion and hate of the album which is BULLSHIT.

Listen to the album OR any album MORE THAN ONCE and in different settings/environments at different times while you're in different moods to really get A feel for the music. After that call it TRASH.

Respectfully,

@teamteamjones

Preach. Learn the haters.

photo_name.gif

Can she just please stop acting like ARTPOP is some kind of adrenaline laden, Warholian delightful clusterfuck? That's one of like the only things that's keeping me from enjoying this work of hers.
She can't even wear a dress without spinning some shit like "This dress is a work of the Goddess of Love and I just really feel a connection with it and it helps me express the power of ARTPOP.".

Nah girl.

ibl5wTQ0XJMC0Y.gif

If anything the number of records sold is dictating and influencing peoples opinion and hate of the album which is BULLSHIT.

Listen to the album OR any album MORE THAN ONCE and in different settings/environments at different times while you're in different moods to really get A feel for the music.

ixqo8pCsKnQHS.gif

Can she just please stop acting like ARTPOP is some kind of adrenaline laden, Warholian delightful clusterfuck? That's one of like the only things that's keeping me from enjoying this work of hers.
She can't even wear a dress without spinning some shit like "This dress is a work of the Goddess of Love and I just really feel a connection with it and it helps me express the power of ARTPOP.".

Nah girl.

ibl5wTQ0XJMC0Y.gif

Exactly. I like her music but I wish she would just keep her mouth shut sometimes/most of the time. Especially when she's performing, just sing the damn song girl, stop being annoying. It used to be cute, but now it's exhausting.

Also, littlemonsters.com needs to be removed from the internet.

I'm a big believer in shutting your mouth when there's sewage leaking out of it.

And Gaga's had nothing but fecal matter streaming out of hers for at least a year and a half at this point.

Gaga's response to this alone makes me never want to stan for her again. Good lord woman learn to take criticism and stop pretending like your fans give you the only valuable feedback. I'm done sticking up for ha because it appears she hasn't learned anything at all.

Welcome, siS.

I really don't know what happened. But something's changed with ha.

Like most of the world's ills, I'll place the blame on littlemonsters.com.

cory64

Gaga's response to this alone makes me never want to stan for her again. Good lord woman learn to take criticism and stop pretending like your fans give you the only valuable feedback. I'm done sticking up for ha because it appears she hasn't learned anything at all.

It's very troubling. She seems to be so accustomed to the world screaming at her and blocking out everyone except for her core fans, when she needs to let more than that in.
And with the artRAVE tour coming up... she really needs to find some time to get herself together.

ibx7bLoufWfTZI.gif

edit: Annie says she has a single coming out soon and reconfirmed 2 EPs for this year.
Let me continue to stay PERCHED.

um @ this "Express Yourself" thread

I clicked the link to listen and I don't think I've heard anything worse in my life,
and I enjoy Die Antwoord from time to time

Majmun

Call me crazy, but yesterday was the first time I've heard Wale's Bad. It was a hit last year, I think? Urban isn't exactly big here in The Netherlands, maybe that's why I didn't heard of it before.

Anyway, It's a pretty good song and Rihanna slayed the original version. The other girl was pretty good as well, but Rih takes it to a whole different level. The other girl sounds so boring in comparison. Hew is she anyway? Should I bother?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Xao's prophecy has come true, her stans have begun to turn on her

DMeisterJ

Banned
Call me crazy, but yesterday was the first time I've heard Wale's Bad. It was a hit last year, I think? Urban isn't exactly big here in The Netherlands, maybe that's why I didn't heard of it before.

Anyway, It's a pretty good song and Rihanna slayed the original version. The other girl was pretty good as well, but Rih takes it to a whole different level. The other girl sounds so boring in comparison. Hew is she anyway? Should I bother?

Tiara Thomas is the basic, but it was her song. She wrote and composed the original melody and chorus, and Wale just put a rap over the beat. I do agree that Rihanna did better than Tiara did. It just works better with her and seems more organic. As per for Rihanna tho.

Majmun

Death, Rih basically killed her career I see. Just checked her Wiki. She didn't have any other hit after Bad. No one cared about her after RIh took over her song, basically. Poor her.

cory64

There's only room for Rihanna and Beyoncé. They are professional career-killers for anyone in their way. Even the bottom level Carters like Teyana Trylor and Vita Ora can barely get a crumb.

Not the little monster saying that Dope and Jewels N' Drugs are amongst the best tracks on the album. I don't agree with the critic about MANiCURE and ARTPOP, but the critic should have thrown in Donatella.

Oh, and I'm going to stamp a big MESS on Gaga's comment. Her Lindsay Lohan era is coming quickly.

Just saw that Gaga posted, "Money can run out, but talent is forever." I think it's time for me to jump ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom