• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

That video always kills me. Bey is such a shady bitch.

Makes me think about the time when those ex-DC members were portraying Bey as some sort of evil dominating attention whore which. I always thought they were just pressed.

But they could be right. DC was always about Beyoncé. Matthew made sure of that and Bey never complained. The other girls must've felt pretty horrible.

lol the other girls reacted as well but Bey was too obvious. She probably was a brat but they all seem to be over it.

royalan

Looking back, it's so funny that Beyonce was able to take off solo the way she did.

People forget this, but people did NOT like Beyonce in DC, ESPECIALLY after LaToya and Latavia were kicked out. Beyonce was SO unlikable in the early DC years, and Matthew pushing her to the front was so transparent and obvious. Bey was known for being a spoiled brat. Kelly was actually the favorite.

I remember when it started coming out that Bey was working on a solo album, ALL the radio stations in LA blasted her, saying that they didn't think solo would work for Bey because she was so unlikable. Kiiiii

Funny how things work out.

royalan

I never liked Bey until she went solo tbh. I didn't even like CIL when I first heard it.

Same.

Nobody I knew liked Bey in DC. But then she went solo and...something happened.

My theory? Matthew intentionally botched Kelly's solo debut to make Bey look better by comparison.

Trigger

lol, I've always just accepted Bey as the Queen B of the group. I never really hated her for it since the other girls went along with it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
waiT are we going to pretend like CiL isn't one of the best solo-career-launching singles of all time now?

kiiiiii

yes it's SUCH a mystery why Bey's solo career got off to a good start
iIHGN2qWS0jeP.png

Looking back, it's so funny that Beyonce was able to take off solo the way she did.

People forget this, but people did NOT like Beyonce in DC, ESPECIALLY after LaToya and Latavia were kicked out. Beyonce was SO unlikable in the early DC years, and Matthew pushing her to the front was so transparent and obvious. Bey was known for being a spoiled brat. Kelly was actually the favorite.

I remember when it started coming out that Bey was working on a solo album, ALL the radio stations in LA blasted her, saying that they didn't think solo would work for Bey because she was so unlikable. Kiiiii

Funny how things work out.

Beyonce was a pop culture phenomenon both in the mainstream and specifically in black culture since her debut. Kelly was the homegirl from next door, Michelle was the sweetheart, but Beyonce was the unattainable bombshell. Her booty has been famous since the group was a foursome.

Her debut worked because everyone was waiting for her to drop the other two and work the stage on her own, and it made sense. Not to mention her debut single is one of the best songs of all time. ;)

cory64

Beyoncé was the stunner; that face, that voice, that body, that booty. Very few before her or since have had such a potent combo.

cory64

The Top 10 Worst Hit Songs of 2013

go IN

#10 Passenger
#9 Cruise
#8 My Songs Know...
#7 Holy Grail
#6 Started From The Bottom
#5 Love Me
#4 Demons
#3 Feel This Moment
#2 #thatPower
#1 Roar

honorable mentions:
Stay The Night
Hold On We're Going Home
Scream and Shout
Stay The Night
Come and Get It
Blurred Lines
Daylight
Harlem Shake
IKYWT

edit: Gaga doesn't even have negative publicity, how truly unfortunate and indicative of her impact on the pop landscape recently.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
"All those damn fans she uses on stage to blow that raggedy-ass weave around caused Hurricane Sandy."

I am just done

"if stealing everything that isn’t bolted to ground is talent then I guess she’s talented. This bitch takes everything! She takes songwriting credits, performance ideas, video ideas, photo ideas --- she has taken everything but a damn break. She needs to go sit her ass down and raise Pink Floyd, Purple Rain, Elecktric Red, or whatever she named that Cabbage Patch doll that she carried under her shirt for nine months"

askgjnaknvahweilr

Yado

The Top 10 Worst Hit Songs of 2013

go IN

#10 Passenger
#9 Cruise
#8 My Songs Know...
#7 Holy Grail
#6 Started From The Bottom
#5 Love Me
#4 Demons
#3 Feel This Moment
#2 #thatPower
#1 Roar

honorable mentions:
Stay The Night
Hold On We're Going Home
Scream and Shout
Stay The Night
Come and Get It
Blurred Lines
Daylight
Harlem Shake
IKYWT

That Cruise song and the other country songs he mentioned...

ibcXsTmTUlIDF3.gif

Mumei

When Britney Spears, an artist he follows rabidly, wore a hat that resembled a cartoon panda on her head at a recent stop on her Femme Fatale tour in Charlotte, N.C., last month, Mr. Stern sounded the trumpet to usher in a new era of “Panda Hatney” and “Kawaiiney,” a mix of the Japanese word for cute with the singer’s own name.

He calls Christina Aguilera, whom Mr. Stern says he has loved since high school, throughout a career marked by soaring highs (she recently scored a No. 1 single for her brief cameo in the Maroon 5 song “Moves Like Jagger”) and plummeting lows (“Burlesque”), the Great Legendtina of Former Floppiness, who sits on a “throne made out of unsold ‘Bionic’ albums.”

Okay, which one of you is this?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The only ones I like from that list is Demons and My Songs Know
Hold on is aight but my god it got overplayed to death

Bladenic

A goddamn mess at Sweeter than Fiction being nominated for Best Original Song for a Motion picture but not Young and Beautiful. I like Sweeter than Fiction but still.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see so many Moon Babies asking about the new music...So I thought I'd respond:

It was last spring when I started feeling like I had spent too much time around too many people who were trying to make me shave off everything that didn't fit in their generic pop star box. I was so young and naive when I got into the business at 15 years old and looked up to a lot of people throughout my career who, I realize now, have no clue what is going on.
So yeah...There was a time last year where something turned around in me and I went like..."wait, if no one actually has the answers or guarantees then why am I letting some old suit make the final decision...why am I basing my feelings about my career on someone elses opinion of me? And most importantly, why the hell am I not doing the sickest, edgiest **** I can think of? Something that I'd wanna buy." I needed to take my power back.

I had gotten so jaded and unadventurous, waiting for releases that never happened, playing someone elses game. I couldn't even listen to Bjork or other amazing artists cause they reminded me of everything that I couldn't do, stuck on a major label.
I had ****ing lost myself completely.

This is not a complainy kind of letter cause I understand I've been lucky to live a dream of a lot of people + in the process of this, learned to write and vocal produce, do videos, costumes, everything that needed to be done.
I also absolutely can't underestimate the amazing human beings that I have crossed paths with during this time...
but as I said,
I had ****ing lost myself completely. Technically I was better than ever but I was missing the reason why.

So what I did was lock myself into my studio, trying to tap back into that innocence of ideas, adventure, quirky **** and magic. I've been on THAT vibe for almost 9 months now and there's probably like 5 songs i got that I think could be the next single with Ultra (yeah, I finally changed labels) but I'm digging through some deep stuff right now so I wanna give myself time to incubate, to find myself again.
I've been coming up with a bunch stuff that touches me deeply...not escaping from the dark side anymore..letting it all in...not judging anything I do.

To me, I think it's some of my best material yet but music is a vibration and you might hate it..or love it...who knows. All I can do is do my best.

....Real Talk....

And now the most important part of this rant:

I wanna thank you, my beautiful Moon Children, for all the love and support that you guys have given me over the years. It's been a real blessing and have kept me going more than you will ever know.
Can't wait to share the new magick. It's birthing as we speak.

Integrity/Love/Unity
k
 Kerli giving Gaga a run for her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom