• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dxa2Xpw.png

AJ4BcwF.png

ibl5wTQ0XJMC0Y.gif
The accuracy of my calling her a pseudo-intellectual Katy Perry, I can't

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong
To crash the critic saying, "Is it right or is it wrong?"
If only fame had an I.V., baby could I bear
Being away from you, I found the vein, put it in here
tumblr_lh1ictR0N51qca6z9o1_400.gif

I live for the applause, applause, applause
I live for the applause-plause
Live for the applause-plause
Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me
The applause, applause, applause
tumblr_lh1ictR0N51qca6z9o1_400.gif

ibl5wTQ0XJMC0Y.gif

Nemesis_

I don't really understand what her argument is when she talks about the dancing stuff. It's so bizarre. Consumers of music should be able to critique it, not only musicians themselves.

She's been acting so weird lately, like almost the antithesis of what really drew me to her as an artist (and by extension, pop music as whole).

I would be lying if I didn't say that her latest "actions" were obnoxious and turning me off of her as a person, but the music still slays (IMO) and I can't wait to see how the ARTPOP tour turns out.

It's a really hard time to be a level headed Gaga stan :| The only ones who truly lap it up are the psychotic ones on LM.com

iL9bEImWdhqYD.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'll be straight up; ARTPOP is an excellent album.

I HONESTLY don't understand the hate. If anything the number of records sold is dictating and influencing peoples opinion and hate of the album which is BULLSHIT.

Listen to the album OR any album MORE THAN ONCE and in different settings/environments at different times while you're in different moods to really get A feel for the music. After that call it TRASH.

Respectfully,

@teamteamjones

As I've said before I probably come across as more critical of ARTPOP than I actually am

There are bits that I really like, and that I use, but overall I think the album is kind of janky

I don't really understand what her argument is when she talks about the dancing stuff. It's so bizarre. Consumers of music should be able to critique it, not only musicians themselves.

She's been acting so weird lately, like almost the antithesis of what really drew me to her as an artist (and by extension, pop music as whole).

I would be lying if I didn't say that her latest "actions" were obnoxious and turning me off of her as a person, but the music still slays (IMO) and I can't wait to see how the ARTPOP tour turns out.

It's a really hard time to be a level headed Gaga stan :| The only ones who truly lap it up are the psychotic ones on LM.com

iL9bEImWdhqYD.gif

This on point summary.

Basically, the lunatics aka LM.com members are in charge of the asylum and are holding her hostage.

Nemesis_

I mean I think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that the fans, and in particular, the fans on that wretched social network are the sole reason for Gaga's seemingly fast descent into madness. They're not.

But they're acting a crutch for Gaga. It's like she's regressed ten years. Everytime she reads something bad about herself (which, let's face it, she would either troll to bring on the criticism or just laugh it off previously) she can just run to LittleMonsters.com and read some twelve year old's rant on how much they love her and how her mere existence saved them from suicide.

I can't really say I blame Gaga either, she's had an incredibly fast paced career trajectory and I honestly feel like that would go to anyone's head.

I don't really know what my point is right now, but it's more or less the fact that I think it's a combination of factors rather than LM.com itself. Gaga is certainly at fault just as much as her most die hard of fans are right now.

As I said before, I'm just happy I can continue to enjoy the music and hopefully the live performances to come out of the artRAVE.

iRz19I6cgyvF0.gif

Majmun

Artpop slays. It's fun music. I still can't figure out how she's about to have two disappointing (flop?) era's in a row tho.

I don't think she's ever going to smash like the Fame era's anymore. And she's too big of an attention whore to be able to handle it. So I expect more meltdown posts from her in the future.

I'm getting my life from all the Gaga-ass fans in here with their Gaga-ass avatars flaring up on Gaga for not shutting up when her work's being put out for public execution. I guess if ARTPOP Part 2 ends up selling like hotcakes you'll ignore her posts about critics and she suddenly won't need to be prescribed advice about what "she needs to do."

Meanwhile ARTPOP remains one of her best albums. Keep piling on the hate though I guess.

APP15.gif

Yado

Artpop is one of her best albums, it's probably my favourite Gaga album right now but maybe people would respond differenly to her current woes if she wasn't always trying to shift blame/play the victim. If she's truly proud of the album she made then that's it. Her fans like it, she likes it, fuck the naysayers and keep it moving.

Instead of bitching about critics doing their jobs, why not prove them wrong?

Bladenic

Artpop is one of her best albums, it's probably my favourite Gaga album right now but maybe people would respond differenly to her current woes if she wasn't always trying to shift blame/play the victim. If she's truly proud of the album she made then that's it. Her fans like it, she likes it, fuck the naysayers and keep it moving.

Instead of bitching about critics doing their jobs, why not prove them wrong?

Agreed. TFM might edge it out because there are songs I don't like on ARTPOP, but the highs are very high indeed.

Mau ®

ARTPOP is a slightly above average pop album.

I mean... even Selena Gomez released a better pop album than all these major league pop girls last year.

cory64

Maybe one day she'll catch up to Rihanna.
And not all of Bey's were from her albums, 5 of them were soundtrack songs or features.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Does anyone know what's suddenly caused Ellie's resurgence with her album? Like 21 had a massive boost because of Adele's brit performance but I don't think Ellie has done anything like that to cause the sudden increase in interest.
Either way, slay Ellie. Halcyon is already 2x Platinum and will be fast approaching 3x at this rate

cory64

Rihanna has 17 UK top 10s where she's the solo vocalist (does anyone really count Jay Z's intro in Umbrella?), in 8 years from 7 albums (2.4 per)

Beyoncé has 8 UK top 10s where she's the solo vocalist, in 12 years from 5 albums (1.6 per)

Rihanna does not rely on features or by releasing a zillion albums, the narrative needs to STOP.

Does anyone know what's suddenly caused Ellie's resurgence with her album? Like 21 had a massive boost because of Adele's brit performance but I don't think Ellie has done anything like that to cause the sudden increase in interest.
Either way, slay Ellie. Halcyon is already 2x Platinum and will be fast approaching 3x at this rate

I think it was the chart performance of Burn and How Long Will I Love You. They charted at 1 and 3 respectively making her album more of an appealing purchase.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna has 17 UK top 10s where she's the solo vocalist (does anyone really count Jay Z's intro in Umbrella?), in 8 years from 7 albums (2.4 per)

Beyoncé has 8 UK top 10s where she's the solo vocalist, in 12 years from 5 albums (1.6 per)

Rihanna does not rely on features or by releasing a zillion albums, the narrative needs to STOP.

Clock! The hive just need to quit when it comes to singles.

Koodo

Banned
I'm getting my life from all the Gaga-ass fans in here with their Gaga-ass avatars flaring up on Gaga for not shutting up when her work's being put out for public execution. I guess if ARTPOP Part 2 ends up selling like hotcakes you'll ignore her posts about critics and she suddenly won't need to be prescribed advice about what "she needs to do."

Meanwhile ARTPOP remains one of her best albums. Keep piling on the hate though I guess.
You are why female artists struggle with eating disorders.

Majmun

Beyoncé has 29 top 10 hits when we count her DC era as well.

But I don't even know why the Navy is constantly namedropping Rihanna everytime Bey earns her success.

Cynosure

we woke up in the kitchen saying how the hell did this shit happen, oh babeh
drunk in looooaaaaoooaaaooove, we be all night
last thing i remember is our beautiful bodies grinding off in that club

i1nMswDJ2I1cM.gif

Yoshiya

Majmun

That video always kills me. Bey is such a shady bitch.

Makes me think about the time when those ex-DC members were portraying Bey as some sort of evil dominating attention whore which. I always thought they were just pressed.

But they could be right. DC was always about Beyoncé. Matthew made sure of that and Bey never complained. The other girls must've felt pretty horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom