• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Lotus isn't Christina's best album but, fuck, at least she was present for its production.

Half of the tracks on BJ sound like Britney showed up, let out one long note into the mic, and Will.I.Am used studio magic to weave that note into words and phrases. She's barely in half of the songs outside a sentence or two, and even simple notes/phrases that even Britney should have been able to sing have been pitch corrected to heaven and back. Most offensive, though, is the idea that this album is "personal" despite the fact that it doesn't really tell us shit about Britney's life or where she is now.

I've never been a passenger tho... Bitch, you've been a passenger in your own damn life for the last 7 years.
Did you even listen to the same album though? Alien, Passenger and Perfume are the most involved and awake Britney's sounded in years. The EDM tracks here are the ones that fall flat (Work Bitch withstanding). But they're only about half of its (fairly short) tracklist, and they're the tracks that are being basically universally criticised. So, thoroughly dismissed on that point.

I notice that you didn't actually criticise the quality of the songs, just whether you think Britney was sufficiently involved in them and the quality of her singing. Completely ignoring the fact that there are some actual, you know, good songs on BJ. Your criticisms are just tarted up versions of the bilge that 'real music fans' on the rest of GAF level against all pop music. You don't think it's authentic, you don't think she put the effort in. Go listen to True Music if that's what you Love.

Eaux, and didn't you claim to love Work Bitch? Exactly the kind of uninvolved EDM-fest that you now claim is exactly what you hate and what Britney shouldn't be doing. If you're going to concern troll you should at least remember what your original stance was.

Mau ®;91645912 said:
The breakdown in "Now that I found you" (Britney Jean) is almost an exact ripoff of Avicii's "Wake Me Up".

IIRC Avicii sued Leona for stealing the penguin sample. Britney's Team best get ready.
Sampling is not the same as making a similar sounding song tho?

Aguila

#ICONIC
You obviously have never played Ocarina of Time.

Those are cuccos. You have obviously never played a Zelda game.
ibxnTN4DAaJ5fC.png

royalan

Did you even listen to the same album though? Alien, Passenger and Perfume are the most involved and awake Britney's sounded in years. The EDM tracks here are the ones that fall flat (Work Bitch withstanding). But they're only about half of its (fairly short) tracklist, and they're the tracks that are being basically universally criticised. So, thoroughly dismissed on that point.

I notice that you didn't actually criticise the quality of the songs, just whether you think Britney was sufficiently involved in them and the quality of her singing. Completely ignoring the fact that there are some actual, you know, good songs on BJ. Your criticisms are just tarted up versions of the bilge that 'real music fans' on the rest of GAF level against all pop music. You don't think it's authentic, you don't think she put the effort in. Go listen to True Music if that's what you Love.

Eaux, and didn't you claim to love Work Bitch? Exactly the kind of uninvolved EDM-fest that you now claim is exactly what you hate and what Britney shouldn't be doing. If you're going to concern troll you should at least remember what your original stance was.

...lol Wut? Did you even read my posts, sis? I did criticize the songs. At least, when I say things like "Britney doesn't sound present," "pitched to high heaven" and "half the songs don't even sound FINISHED," I'm thinking that my criticisms of the music itself is obvious. Criticising Britney's utter vacancy in BJ is but one of the many criticisms I have of what is one of the worst albums I've listened to this year.

Also, what's wrong with liking Work Bitch? My argument was never that BJ is bad BECAUSE it sounds so "uninvolved." That was an argument that you concocted then shoved down my throat. Likewise, you toss up yet another strawman with that whole "true music" nonsense. When did I ever say that I didn't like BJ because it wasn't "authentic" or even imply it? I don't give a rats ass about authenticity.

I like Work Bitch because it's fun and doesn't sound like an unfinished demo, which is the problem with most of BJ.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
...lol Wut? Did you even read my posts, sis? I did criticize the songs. At least, when I say things like "Britney doesn't sound present," "pitched to high heaven" and "half the songs don't even sound FINISHED," I'm thinking that my criticisms of the music itself is obvious.
Except, pitching and Britney sounding vacant aren't really criticisms of the music, because Britney sounds vacant and pitched on Blackout, it still slays. And I agree that the EDM songs on the album don't sound finished (chiefly the w.i.a. songs—quelle surprise?). But Alien, Work Bitch, Passenger, and Perfume, unfinished? No.

Criticising Britney's utter vacancy in BJ is but one of the many criticisms I have of what is one of the worst albums I've listened to this year.
Is literally anybody surprised by your opinion on this though? I think I could have predicted back in the year 2001 that you would hate Britney's 8th album. Speak about reactions determined by prior opinions, sis.

Also, what's wrong with liking Work Bitch? My argument was never that BJ is bad BECAUSE it sounds so "uninvolved." That was an argument that you concocted then shoved down my throat.

I like Work Bitch because it's fun and doesn't sound like an unfinished demo, which is the problem with most of BJ.
So basically you complain that Britney 'doesn't sound present' is a synonym for her sounding uninvolved, and now you deny that you even criticised it on those grounds in the first place. Okay.

You're literally ignoring what I said, which is that while I agree about the more EDM-y tracks on the album, the claim that Brit sounds vacant is just false for a decent proportion of the album. It's patchy and inconsistent, I agree. Is it one of the worst albums of the year? Not even close.

royalan

Except, pitching and Britney sounding vacant aren't really criticisms of the music, because Britney sounds vacant and pitched on Blackout, it still slays. And I agree that the EDM songs on the album don't sound finished. But Alien, Work Bitch, Passenger, and Perfume, unfinished? No.

Criticizing the pitch correction is a criticism of the music, because it's so pronounced and obvious on most of these tracks, which themselves aren't that great. I don't think Britney's ever given us an album where she HASN'T been pitched to high heaven, but it was forgiveable when the music itself was good. Here, the obvious pitch correction just contributes to the overall "unfinished" feeling of the album. I can't get through the first verse of Passenger without laughing at how ridiculous Britney sounds, you can hear the pitch adjustment in literally every single word she's singing.

Is literally anybody surprised by your opinion on this though? I think I could have predicted back in the year 2001 that you would hate Britney's 8th album. Speak about reactions determined by prior opinions, sis.

And what the hell does this have to do with anything? Besides, I've been very upfront about Britney songs I've liked, and which I don't. I don't see how you can accuse me of disliking BJ because I'm biased against it when I've been very upfront about Work Bitch being one of my favorite pop songs of the year and I've been saying that since the damn song released and before we heard any other track from the album.

You may have a point if we were talking about Beyonce here, but we're not. I don't have blind stan hate against Britney.

So basically you complain that Britney 'doesn't sound present' is a synonym for her sounding uninvolved, and now you deny that you even criticised it on those grounds in the first place. Okay.

That's not what I did at all. Ugh, please my read my posts. Do I think Britney sounds uninvolved on most of BJ? Yes. Is that my central complaint against the album? No. Do I think there are a myriad of factors contributing to why BJ is such a travesty of an album, and that her lack of presence is merely one of those factors, and something that would have been completely forgivable had everything else about the album been a polished experience? Yes.

For example, I think Britney was even less present on Blackout, but I don't criticize that because Blackout, in every other aspect, is pop perfection.

You're literally ignoring what I said, which is that while I agree about the more EDM-y tracks on the album, the claim that Brit sounds vacant is just false for a decent proportion of the album. It's patchy and inconsistent, I agree. Is it one of the worst albums of the year? Not even close.

And I disagree with this. I think the entire album is shit, and if anything the EDM tracks get a pass because they're aren't trying to be anything more the dancefloor fodder. The midtempos are all only half-assed, amateur experiences. And I'm not trying to hear about how this album is "personal" to Britney when all that amounts to is vacant "sentiment" that doesn't mean more coming out of Britney's mouth than if any other singer had done them.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Criticizing the pitch correction is a criticism of the music, because it's so pronounced and obvious on most of these tracks, which themselves aren't that great. I don't think Britney's ever given us an album where she HASN'T been pitched to high heaven, but it was forgiveable when the music itself was good. Here, the obvious pitch correction just contributes to the overall "unfinished" feeling of the album. I can't get through the first verse of Passenger without laughing at how ridiculous Britney sounds, you can hear the pitch adjustment in literally every single word she's singing.

And what the hell does this have to do with anything? Besides, I've been very upfront about Britney songs I've liked, and which I don't. I don't see how you can accuse me of disliking BJ because I'm biased against it when I've been very upfront about Work Bitch being one of my favorite pop songs of the year and I've been saying that since the damn song released and before we heard any other track from the album.

You may have a point if we were talking about Beyonce here, but we're not. I don't have blind stan hate against Britney.

That's not what I did at all. Ugh, please my read my posts. Do I think Britney sounds uninvolved on most of BJ? Yes. Is that my central complaint against the album? No. Do I think there are a myriad of factors contributing to why BJ is such a travesty of an album, and that her lack of presence is merely one of those factors, and something that would have been completely forgivable had everything else about the album been a polished experience? Yes.

For example, I think Britney was even less present on Blackout, but I don't criticize that because Blackout, in every other aspect, is pop perfection.

And I disagree with this. I think the entire album is shit, and if anything the EDM tracks get a pass because they're aren't trying to be anything more the dancefloor fodder. The midtempos are all only half-assed, amateur experiences. And I'm not trying to hear about how this album is "personal" to Britney when all that amounts to is vacant "sentiment" that doesn't mean more coming out of Britney's mouth than if any other singer had done them.

I'm not going to post a response to this because I haven't got the energy for an ongoing kerfuffle, I disagree with you on the quality of BJ, and I'm going to leave it there. Sorry for telling you after you spent your time posting this but rest assured I did read it.

Kyon

Banned
Jesus why are y'all fighting?

This is our first Thanksgiving together

Last year we were all BANNED. ;_;

Lotus isn't Christina's best album but, fuck, at least she was present for its production.

Half of the tracks on BJ sound like Britney showed up, let out one long note into the mic, and Will.I.Am used studio magic to weave that note into words and phrases. She's barely in half of the songs outside a sentence or two, and even simple notes/phrases that even Britney should have been able to sing have been pitch corrected to heaven and back. Most offensive, though, is the idea that this album is "personal" despite the fact that it doesn't really tell us shit about Britney's life or where she is now.

I've never been a passenger tho... Bitch, you've been a passenger in your own damn life for the last 7 years.

YAAAAAS SIS PREACH IT!!!

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone <3

royalan

Isn't that basically what got us deleted last time tho?

It could be.

But I hope not. Considering that if I had a dollar for every time I was assaulted by a pic of a woman in her underwear on GAF I'd have enough money to buy Nintendo, then #FireIwata.

I think the answer to that particular question is a bit more complicated.

Touchdown

Banned
It could be.

But I hope not. Considering that if I had a dollar for every time I was assaulted by a pic of a woman in her underwear on GAF I'd have enough money to buy Nintendo, then #FireIwata.

Preach!! They don't want us to open up on GAF's sexism...

isXD19X4UxW4s.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It could be.

I hear you.

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

royalan

Preach!! They don't want us to open up on GAF's sexism...

isXD19X4UxW4s.gif

Honestly, I don't think it's sexism. At least, not intentionally.

I do think we draw the attention of Google's bots (and, thus, their censors), more than we realize due to the nature of what we discuss in here. And, like my Grandpa would say, we can't be fuckin' with the money.

And, honestly, that's a position I can understand and respect.

botty

Banned
I feel like women should get away with being nude or bare more so than men. Women around the world have spent countless years being oppressed under patriarchy, and have been deemed lascivious at the slightest sight of skin. We should let women have this one, in my humble opinion.

Touchdown

Banned
Honestly, I don't think it's sexism. At least, not intentionally.

I do think we draw the attention of Google's bots (and, thus, their censors), more than we realize due to the nature of what we discuss in here. And, like my Grandpa would say, we can't be fuckin' with the money.

And, honestly, that's a position I can understand and respect.

Grandpa came from the school of life. Preach.

ibnRjjhRe3mjlD.gif

I feel like women should get away with being nude or bare more so than men. Women around the world have spent countless years being oppressed under patriarchy, and have been deemed lascivious at the slightest sight of skin. We should let women have this one, in my humble opinion.

What kind of hetero dudebro rationalization?

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Equal opportunity nudity >>>>>>>

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Kyon

Banned

I agree

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What kind of hetero dudebro rationalization?

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Equal opportunity nudity >>>>>>>

As a bi I concur. Let us not censor any gender and let everyone frolick naked across the internet as they please
gif-julie-andrews-movies-the-sound-of-music-Favim.com-374130.gif

Touchdown

Banned

I think the real issue is how women's nudity is promoted so much because the men that run the world push it to be normal and mainstream in society as compared to men's nudity. This is slowly changing lately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom