• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

it was for a new range of cookies or a new mariah themed poptart flavour or something

in other words pointless trash

ibkZxRDs9SRIU6.gif

It was a mess sis. I'd rather not talk about it.
You can bid on a piece of her jewellery for charity. <3 Such a queen but clocked us lambs thinking she was releasing a new album or single announcement.

monique.gif

iwEnNd8u95qMg.gif

Majmun

Bey & Jay going to open the Grammy's this year?

This better be true. DiL needs the promo. The song could've been a smash if it had a radio deal and performances done by Bey. And she needs to stop the dual single releases.

This better be true. DiL needs the promo. The song could've been a smash if it had a radio deal and performances done by Bey. And she needs to stop the dual single releases.

I like the dual singles. Shows she cares about urban radio and wants to cater to them in her own way. Granted a lot of R&B/hip-hop acts do it but Bey's definitely made it signature at this point.

And hew cares about how these singles perform, she's nullified the need to even BOTHER with singles now. Of course she only nullified it for herself, but still. As far as I'm concerned she doesn't have to sell a single $1.29 single anymore this era; just perform random songs from the album and keep those $15.99 sales going strong. It's well within her means to pull that off.

JCX

I'd love that. Has she performed anything from the new album live outside of concerts?

That would be pretty epic if she opened up the show. Don't even announce anything just have her open it.

Partition

Banned
I like the videos for BEYONCÉ: they're stylistically confident, cohesive without being repetitive, and they all have an impeccable level of polish, but I do think they're a bit shallow. They remind me of a Vogue spread or a perfume advert. Lots of high-fashion style but with not much substance. Definitely not in the league of MIA or Grimes. Weirdly, I think the exception to this is Grown Woman, which is probably the best video of the lot.

You kind of said my thoughts perfectly. Also, I feel like your description describes Beyoncé as a whole pretty well
8f70c6ea.gif

Mumei

Stan.

Actually, what DO you think of JoJo's vocals? Now that she's backed by a major label, I think we're going to see her flex her muscle a bit. I think she has what it takes to be the best vocalist of this new generation of pop-girls-that-can-actually-sing (Ariana Grande, Lea Michele and JoJo so far by my count).

I mean, she recorded this at fucking 16. She's actually the only girl in the game that I can say was capable of recording Christina-level songs at the age Christina was when she recorded them.

I'd dump Ariana and suggest Jordin Sparks as a replacement, myself. She just has better fundamentals. At least, if we're just talking vocal ability. Now let me take a moment to reminisce on this evisceration.

Where were we? Oh, yes. Yeah, Jojo definitely impresses me based on what (very little) I've heard, especially live. Her studio efforts (adult) don't sound as impressive but I suspect it has to do with the production and the relative lack of effects on her voice (compared to how she sounds live and mic'd). And they don't really seem to be like "vocal pyrotechnics" driven, anyway.

I quite like what I've heard, and her mixtape last year was also great.

Is that ikkle Mumu in a tux I see?
Could you be whiter?

Right!? Any whiter and Mumu would be as white as Beyonce.

It's because I was under direct sunlight. It made me glow~

<3

I haven't seen the word glomp since my days I used to accompany my friends at Yaoi-con.

*glomp*

My first forum was an anime forum. I may have picked it up there. :3

Nemesis_

Has anyone heard of BROODS? They're basically Lorde but there's two of them and they're good looking.

vbm5GPMl.png

This is their newest, Bridges. I like it, but the production is so familiar and I can't put my finger on it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Has anyone heard of BROODS? They're basically Lorde but there's two of them and they're good looking.

vbm5GPMl.png

This is their newest, Bridges. I like it, but the production is so familiar and I can't put my finger on it.

This is pretty good! I don't see the Lorde impression though. Feels more like a less bombastic Purity Ring to me.

Vitanimus

vbm5GPMl.png

Yes! Listening to this a couple of weeks ago after a friend recommended them. If you enjoy them, you might like a group called FEATHERS.

Mumei

Wa Jojo in a North Korean jail or something

What is she free from exactly? Obscurity?

Contract issues. She was basically in a legal limbo where she was contracted to a company that is (essentially) defunct and hasn't released any albums from any artists signed to them since 2009. I don't know all the specifics, but that's basically the gist of it.

She released two mixtapes in 2010 and 2012, though. You should listen to Agape. It's amazing.

cory64

Jojo Ciara and Cassie were supposed to be the next generation.
Then Rihanna released Umbrella.

edit: Umbrella turns 7 in a few months I feel ancient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom