• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still use this bop

02ISp2L.gif

cory64

But the stars
In the sky
Look like home
Take me home

And the liii[GLITCH]in your eyes
Lets me know
I'm not alone.

ilRizPrh7Qmah.gif

I wanna fill the room when she’s in it with you
Please don’t forget me
Do I imagine it, or catch these moments?
I know you got history

But I’m your girlfriend, now I’m your girlfriend trying to be cool
I hope I’m paranoid, that I’m just seeing things, that I’m just insecure

I want to believe
It’s just you and me
Sometimes it feels like there’s three
of us in here, baby

iZBhpxkKvBTPa.gif

Bladenic

I'm never tired, never tired
I've been sipping it's the only thing that's keeping me on fire
Me on fire
Didn't mean spill that liquor all on your attire
I've been drinking watermelon
Can't keep your eyes off my fatty
Daddy I want you

tumblr_mzayv7KAck1qkr6b6o1_250.gif

lush, ***flawless, and divine

drunk in love is my fave track on BEYONCÉ and this verse is EVERYTHING

Your ***flawless taste. STAN the best track from Yoncé.

New sheets, he sweat it out like washed rags he wet up
Boy, I'm drinking, I'm singing on the mic 'til my voice hoarse
Then I fill the tub up halfway then ride it with my surfboard
Surfboard, surfboard
Graining on that wood, graining, graining on that wood
I'm swerving on that, swerving, swerving on that big body Benz
Serving all this, swerve, surfing all in this good, good

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pixie Lott is unbelievably hot in her new video but I'm not feeling the song. The lyrics make it seems like she's trying to do a modern day Dirrty but the production just doesn't fit with the tone of the song.
Needs the same kind of production as What Do You Take Me For

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm HOWLING
Your ***flawless taste. STAN the best track from Yoncé.

New sheets, he sweat it out like washed rags he wet up
Boy, I'm drinking, I'm singing on the mic 'til my voice hoarse
Then I fill the tub up halfway then ride it with my surfboard
Surfboard, surfboard
Graining on that wood, graining, graining on that wood
I'm swerving on that, swerving, swerving on that big body Benz
Serving all this, swerve, surfing all in this good, good

That's Jared Leto lmao

which just makes chris' comment baffling

Fey

Banned
But the stars
In the sky
Look like home
Take me home

And the liii[GLITCH]in your eyes
Lets me know
I'm not alone.

I wanna fill the room when she’s in it with you
Please don’t forget me
Do I imagine it, or catch these moments?
I know you got history

But I’m your girlfriend, now I’m your girlfriend trying to be cool
I hope I’m paranoid, that I’m just seeing things, that I’m just insecure

I want to believe
It’s just you and me
Sometimes it feels like there’s three
of us in here, baby

oprah-1.gif

JCX

Me on fire
Daddy I want you

I was listening to this part by chance as I read this post. I love that reverby sound. Reminds me of the last part of Grimes' Circumambient.

I forgot the ARTPOP app existed, and it looks like she did too.

The app is the only real disappointment this era to me. I was expecting some kind of transformative companion app that would set a new trend for album releases but it's just a glorified gif-maker. Even the album PLAYER isn't as good as the stock Music app. lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Me on fire
Daddy I want you

Shame about that Jay Z verse tho

Truly a blemish on a certified gem.

IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF
IF I DO SAY SO MASELF

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I like the videos for BEYONCÉ: they're stylistically confident, cohesive without being repetitive, and they all have an impeccable level of polish, but I do think they're a bit shallow. They remind me of a Vogue spread or a perfume advert. Lots of high-fashion style but with not much substance. Definitely not in the league of MIA or Grimes. Weirdly, I think the exception to this is Grown Woman, which is probably the best video of the lot.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the NME is trash but damn @ at the tea spilled in their award nominee list

NMORuQ0.png

i haven't listened to any of these bands, kiiiiii

I like the videos for BEYONCÉ: they're stylistically confident, cohesive without being repetitive, and they all have an impeccable level of polish, but I do think they're a bit shallow. They remind me of a Vogue spread or a perfume advert. Lots of high-fashion style but with not much substance. Definitely not in the league of MIA or Grimes. Weirdly, I think the exception to this is Grown Woman, which is probably the best video of the lot.

Depends on what you mean by depth or substance... I think they provide just as much, if not more, substance as the songs themselves. And honestly I think the videos have a great deal of substance because they provide some really signature imagery that hits really hard. Substance doesn't just have to mean connotative, or ambiguous, or editorial... I think the Blow music video has a lot of depth for example, because it's capturing a very SPECIFIC look, feel and vibe of an era in urban pop culture and reigniting it artistically. There can be a lot of substance in face value, in just what you see and the impressions you get from those stimuli.

That said, I do think the videos for Rocket, Heaven, Superpower and Haunted have a lot of reverence and are pretty rich in the narrative and the details, if that's what you're looking for specifically. Deifnitely Superpower for sure.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Depends on what you mean by depth or substance... I think they provide just as much, if not more, substance as the songs themselves. And honestly I think the videos have a great deal of substance because they provide some really signature imagery that hits really hard. Substance doesn't just have to mean connotative, or ambiguous, or editorial... I think the Blow music video has a lot of depth for example, because it's capturing a very SPECIFIC look, feel and vibe of an era in urban pop culture and reigniting it artistically. There can be a lot of substance in face value, in just what you see and the impressions you get from those stimuli.
I'm not necessarily discounting aesthetic value when I say they're stylish but a bit shallow, but I don't think they have the fiber of something like Grimes' Oblivion or MIA's Bad Girls, which look great and help cast light on the content of the song.

That said, I do think the videos for Rocket, Heaven, Superpower and Haunted have a lot of reverence and are pretty rich in the narrative and the details, if that's what you're looking for specifically. Deifnitely Superpower for sure.
I think they vary. I actually kind of like the Drunk In Love video because it sort of just feels like Bey and Jay were hanging on the beach and they decided to make a video to fit the album's big lusty number (it happened to be a meticulously lit, shot and edited video, but, you know, all their home movies are like that obviously).

I just think that in general they have a bit of a 'perfume commercial' vibe to them. Sumptuous, stylised, sexy...but not enough bite or interest to make me watch them more than a couple of times each. Actually they kind of remind me of AB's videos for Liquorice and 1991 (although actually I really like the video for 1991).

3phemeral

The app is the only real disappointment this era to me. I was expecting some kind of transformative companion app that would set a new trend for album releases but it's just a glorified gif-maker. Even the album PLAYER isn't as good as the stock Music app. lol

For all the pomp and circumstance around the app, it truly is mind-boggling how simple it is. I mean, I love how they animated her and the concept around creating your aura, but this weird gif maker and a less-than-half-baked music player is just absolute laziness. They should have had that seamlessly integrated with at least the 3 major music distributors but instead, you had to submit proof of purchase and then wait for a response asking if it was explicit or clean, reply, and then wait for a redemption code. I honestly don't know what they spent so much time on. Maybe it was finding decent animators for her in-game model.

The least they could have done was gamify the app and make it into something fun. I wouldn't mind playing a Trollga character in some platformer to achieve Aura balls.
*glomp*

Missed you. <3
<3

I haven't seen the word glomp since my days I used to accompany my friends at Yaoi-con.

*glomp*

I haven't had a chance to listen to Beyoncé's album. I'm so broke, I won't be able to afford it until sometimes next month. Taking a month of work to spend at home for the holidays drained my bank account. T_T

It's ironic how every big-time promotional opportunity Beyoncé had that any other pop star would kill to have just one of, Beyoncé had lined up back-to-back and proceeded to squander every. single. one. Not only that, but employed absolutely nothing promotionally and still emerged from the flames a true LotusPhoénix and rose above and beyond the occasion, both critically and commercially.

Touchdown

Banned
I haven't seen the word glomp since my days I used to accompany my friends at Yaoi-con.

*glomp*

I haven't had a chance to listen to Beyoncé's album. I'm so broke, I won't be able to afford it until sometimes next month. Taking a month of work to spend at home for the holidays drained my bank account. T_T

It's ironic how every big-time promotional opportunity Beyoncé had that any other pop star would kill to have just one of, Beyoncé had lined up back-to-back and proceeded to squander every. single. one. Not only that, but employed absolutely nothing promotionally and still emerged from the flames a true LotusPhoénix and rose above and beyond the occasion, both critically and commercially.

You will visit us more often now though I hope. *.*

hugs-5.gif

3phemeral

You will visit us more often now though I hope. *.*

hugs-5.gif

You know, I was tempted not to come back because PopGAF takes up so much of my time. I do <3 y'all, though. I think this is the only place I visit consistently, really. Of any website. It was interesting not knowing anything in advance, whether it was Beyonce's album drop, Mariah's New Year performances, or that DWUW performance/single. Actually made it a bit exciting. :) But I ultimately missed all the social interaction. It's the sass!

BTW, what was that Mimi announcement that was supposed to happen Monday? I heard about some news but couldn't find anything about a single or anything at all, really.

Touchdown

Banned
BTW, what was that Mimi announcement that was supposed to happen Monday? I heard about some news but couldn't find anything about a single or anything at all, really.

It was a mess sis. I'd rather not talk about it.
You can bid on a piece of her jewelery for charity. <3 Such a giving queen but clocked us lambs thinking she was releasing a new album or single announcement.

monique.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom