• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

Jazztina is coming
Jazzga pending on a release date

GzRuqJ7.gif

Bladenic

I left a note on my bedpost
Said not to repeat yesterday’s mistakes
What I tend to do when it comes to you
I see only the good, selective memory
The way he makes me feel yeah, gotta hold on me
I've never met someone so different

:clap:

Mau ®

I can't wait for a Rihanna solo single (or at least her lead single) so I can cleanse my mouth from the vile collabos she's been doing lately.

I know "The Monster" was HUGE but I just could never get into it :(

WAIT

ZPleYcZ.jpg

Thank GOD it was Phi Phi doing Christina. I know Soul-sis is going to think this needs to be flipped. lol

Omg that's amazing, though it OBVIOUSLY shows Sharon as Christina here :p

Which as you know does NOT make any sense because Phi Phi O'Hara IS Christina Aguilera in every single way and Sharon Needles is the fabulous and twisted Lady Gaga of the popular drag world.

It's gotta be because Phi Phi's a Monster and Sharon doesn't give a shit. Speaking of, I "accidentally" saw Phi Phi live a few weekends ago (it was an accident because I had no idea she was gonna be at this drag show I went to... nor did anyone else) and it was a travesty. She sang Venus. I was OVAH.

Majmun

Mau ®;97354364 said:
I can't wait for a Rihanna solo single (or at least her lead single) so I can cleanse my mouth from the vile collabos she's been doing lately.

I know "The Monster" was HUGE but I just could never get into it :(

Same here. Both tracks are pretty bad.

CRTFY could've been a great track if it were to exclude Shitkira. She ruins the song.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
t's a cover thank god. Would not be on board if her album went in that direction

Honestly, I think I'd be more interested if she did take a big leap with more punk-leaning material like this. She's capable of pop magic, no doubt, but it's far far faaar from consistent. Something messy and energetic and aggressive would fit her aesthetic quite well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Did anyone ever use Susan Boyle? I might stan for this picture alone
5MHC7zs.jpg

I've been getting into Loreen's album recently and it's absolutely amazing Just delightful pop, almost annoyed at myself for sleeping on it for so long

Mumei

You mean the chest-to-whistle transition?

I always hated when she did that because it really pulled away from the emotion, I think. In the live performance, it almost even seemed unintentional until I saw the rehearsal.

Yep. And unfortunately the actual performance was better for the rest of it! It's still a great performance, but hardly 'best ever.'

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Fairy Godmother Delivers First Pic Of Carly Rae Jepsen As Cinderella
BeIHIWVIIAA7FU1.jpg

The 'Call Me Maybe' singer is 'literally having a ball' preparing for the Broadway show.

Carly Rae Jepsen makes for a pretty convincing princess. The "Call Me Maybe" singer shared a photo of herself completely done up as Cinderella ahead of her upcoming run as the fairy-tale heroine on Broadway in "Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella."

The snapshot features the singer dolled up in a big, white dress with a tiara on her head. She's mid-twirl and smiling. "Literally having a ball," she tweeted Thursday (January 16).
Her run in the show will kick off on February 4 and go for three months. She'll be taking over for Tony Award nominee Laura Osnes. She will be joined by "The Nanny" star Fran Drescher, who will play her evil stepmother. And, Jepsen is already hard at work to nail down the show's dance routines, including having to perform tracks like "Ten Minutes Ago," In My Own Little Corner" and "A Lovely Night" in the show's costumes.The musical is based on Rogers and Hammerstein's 1957 version of the classic fairytale. It was written for television and starred musicals queen Julie Andrews. It has been remade for television two subsequent times, in 1965 with Lesley Ann Warren and again in 1997 starring Brandy. The Tony-winning show hit Broadway in 2013.
Source

:eyes:

You mean the chest-to-whistle transition?

I always hated when she did that because it really pulled away from the emotion, I think. In the live performance, it almost even seemed unintentional until I saw the rehearsal.
Agreed. It's a neat trick, but Mariah is usually much more judicious in her use of whistles for artistic effect rather than for vocal pyrotechnics.

Anyway, Chante Moore is the certified QUEEN of whistle notes.

Mumei

Agreed. It's a neat trick, but Mariah is usually much more judicious in her use of whistles for artistic effect rather than for vocal pyrotechnics.

Anyway, Chante Moore is the certified QUEEN of whistle notes.

I just realized that the video about Mariah's whistle register was taken down.

Some stan probably reported it.

Leona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom