• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
all the scandipop queens are returning this year

it is going to be the scalping of the century, i'm sorry for anybody whose fave tries it this year

Touchdown

Banned
Agreed. It's a neat trick,

I consider it a little more than just a neat trick. More like one of the greatest live runs she's done live.
cry.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
timber has got its claws properly into me

it's goin' down, i'm yelling "timberrr!"
you better move, you better dance

royalan

Indeed, it was like listening to what Roy thinks she sounds like.

Well, technically, lots of people couldn't. Dude's got a crazy voice.

He gets called the male Christina because his voice literally sounds like a male Christina...which honestly isn't very pleasant.

So Xtina>>>>>>>>>> naturally.

Mumei

... Okay, you can stop doing this now.

This was basically my reaction.

Well, technically, lots of people couldn't. Dude's got a crazy voice.

He gets called the male Christina because his voice literally sounds like a male Christina...which honestly isn't very pleasant.

So Xtina>>>>>>>>>> naturally.

I think he literally sounds like Christina. Not even a "Male" Christina; if you made me listen to that without telling me it was a man beforehand, I would just identify it as Christina.

Who somehow learned not to strain on the fourth octave, mind you.

royalan

Roy this logic doesn't even make sense lol.

Yes it does.

You guys are taking a singer with an unusually high range for a male, and comparing him to someone (Christina) who actually has a fairly standard range for a female singer.

The only real comparison to be made here is in the tone - which is the only thing that resembles Christina here.

Mumei

He doesn't sound like a male with an extended range though, it's a different quality.

Yeah, it just sounds like he has Christina's timbre. His range doesn't sound all that exceptional, and there's nothing particular interesting about a male pop singer singing in a high tenor / low alto range. They almost all do.

Christopher

I feel bad for Kesha that she had to go to rehab because people call her fat...I really think we shouldn't be too harsh on people in this business as we can see the self destruct...sad.

Also Gaga totally flopped huh? I would like to see her go straight pop REDone style with her trendy, not over the top Fame/Fame Monster era back. She owned that era and then some...it made her iconic and I'm surprised she never went back to her roots...but alas you gotta fall to get back up.

In case anyone didn't see this dumb video of me coming for wigs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-BVD6Fz7M

lol awful.

Touchdown

Banned
I feel bad for Kesha that she had to go to rehab because people call her fat...I really think we shouldn't be too harsh on people in this business as we can see the self destruct...sad.

Also Gaga totally flopped huh? I would like to see her go straight pop REDone style with her trendy, not over the top Fame/Fame Monster era back. She owned that era and then some...it made her iconic and I'm surprised she never went back to her roots...but alas you gotta fall to get back up.

In case anyone didn't see this dumb video of me coming for wigs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-BVD6Fz7M

lol awful.

Oh.
iQ5ffA29AMS84.gif

iblvLlUPl6ZaRV.gif

#JusticeForRedOne

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Madonna and Beyonce appear to have their eyes locked on the Grammy stage.
The pop superstars are expected to be among the big surprise moments during next week’s ceremony, according to two sources with knowledge of the plans.

Late last year Beyonce pulled off one of the best-kept secrets in recent music history when she stealthily released her self-titled album without as much as a hint.

The Grammys is where she will make her first televised performance in support of the project — which shattered iTunes records upon its release in December — according to a source with knowledge of the matter.

Madonna, however, is expected to pop up and lend guest vocals during a performance from one of the night’s nominees, an additional source confirmed.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...grammys-20140117,0,515371.story#ixzz2qh0SPHIA

Omg, a new high profile Bey performance. My bones are already chilled in anticipation.

Any rumors of Gaga being a surprise performer? I'm honestly surprised she wouldn't do it. Maybe she just wants to sit things out and retool.

Touchdown

Banned
Omg, a new high profile Bey performance. My bones are already chilled in anticipation.

Any rumors of Gaga being a surprise performer? I'm honestly surprised she wouldn't do it. Maybe she just wants to sit things out and retool.

Imagine if it was Gaga and Madonna. :p But she's not nominated this year and the blurb says surprise performance with a nominee.. That would have been epic tho. o.o

DMeisterJ

Banned

She isn't nominated, and she doesn't even have a single out she's pushing or an album she's promoting. They probably didn't even ask her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom