• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
iamamiwhoami - New Single - "Fountain"

http://yamammiwammi.tumblr.com/post/74083766155

tumblr_inline_mzrc80hfav1qe0g33.gif

I'm blown away ;_; This is incredible. So excited for the video / their new album

DMeisterJ

Banned
2df64b6882b611e3a1ec12b3b547f831_8.jpg

Good god

I wonder how Beyonce really feels about Rihanna.

Do you think she just thinks of her as "that girl my husband forced me to talk about to Larry King in 2009"?

I'm sure they're friends, or at least as friendly as a wife can be with her husband's employees. I'm sure there is a mutual respect between the two of them, and they've taken more than one pic together, and they have spoken highly of each other.

Majmun

Rih looks fuckin flawless. Just perfection. She should keep the long dark hair for the next era imo. It slays

And I don't know what kind of relationship Bey has with Rih. I think it's just business related. I also don't remember Bey saying anything about Rih, while Rih has stanned for Bey quite a few times.

But I'm sure they respect each other. Both basically own the game right now. Jay Z is one lucky man to be amongst such successfull women.

royalan

I need Mumei's word on this.

The NFL just announced that Renee Flemming will be singing the National Anthem at this year's Superbowl. She is the first opera singer to be given the honor.

Is this deserved? I need a full rundown of her pedigree.

DMeisterJ

Banned

The NFL just announced that Renee Flemming will be singing the National Anthem at this year's Superbowl. She is the first opera singer to be given the honor.

Rather than go for artists who get shout-y to sing it they went with an opera singer. She'll be a marked improvement over the previous riff raff they've let in.

Bladenic

Zedd is good. His best material is with Gaga though. Aura is insane, and Stache is godly. But Stay The Night, boppy as it may have been, was very safe and basic. I hope he channels more of the eclectic Aura energy on his next album.

Mumei

Oh, yes. It's definitely deserved. For one, she's a flawless Leontyne Price stan. I'd lik her just for that, really, but she also has a gorgeous voice, and is very well-regarded. Basically, if you think of the biggest female singer in opera today, it'd be Renée, and then Netrebko.

Edit: Though obviously hardly anyone actually cares besides me. :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/201...-problems-weight-mom-interview-statement-sad/

We know that Ke$ha has been in rehab for the past few weeks for an eating disorder, and we know that Ke$ha's issues started when her team criticized her weight, but what we didn't know was just how bad things were. Thankfully, Ke$ha's mom, Pebe Sebert, is around to tell all kinds of truth about the situation, and this latest truth she told is probably the saddest, scariest truth of all:

"I've watched my beautiful, self-confident, brilliant daughter be berated and ridiculed for her looks and weight to the point that she almost died. The doctors told me her blood pressure and sodium levels were so low, they'd never seen it that low except with someone who'd had a heart attack or stroke. They said it was a miracle she hadn't already dropped dead on stage."

And another sad story:

"One time on a conference call, Sonenberg [Ke$ha's former manager] was screaming, 'You need to lose weight! I don't care what you do ... take drugs, not eat, stick your finger down your throat!' Ke$ha was just weeping. She drove around afterward thinking about killing herself."

How can people be so awful? If this guy really did tell Ke$ha to do drugs to lose weight and/or "stick your finger down your throat," then what kind of person is he? It's one thing to dislike a person's choice of clothing -- what's up, everybody -- but it's a whole different ballgame to tell someone to disregard her health because she's maybe a few pounds too heavy for your personal taste. That's absolutely disgusting.

One more thing from Ke$ha's mom:

"At this point, she doesn't care if she ever makes a record again. She just wants to be healthy and happy."

You do whatever you need to, Ke$ha, and we'll love you regardless. Forget the douchebags. Stay awesome.

Read more: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/201...ht-mom-interview-statement-sad/#ixzz2r5LjU5x2
Follow us: @fishwrapped on Twitter

Zedd is good. His best material is with Gaga though. Aura is insane, and Stache is godly. But Stay The Night, boppy as it may have been, was very safe and basic. I hope he channels more of the eclectic Aura energy on his next album.

Aura also had the help of an awesome Infected Mushroom intro though. But I agree, I hope he channels Aura in future work.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Completely unshocked by that Ke$ha story, and while her label will probably deny her manager said that, I bet it happened. The entertainment industry is such a bitch.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

Mau ®

Gypsy is the only song on ARTPOP that has a chance at slaying IMO. Been saying it since the start.

If that doesn't do it, NOTHING will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom