• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Miley: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeeXT3WCAAIarzR.jpg

Gaga: https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/425483178376036352

iboLv4mwIWIQ11.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
BEYONSUS is still getting a lot of play for me. ARTPOP never got that much, but I added the title track to my pop playlist so that comes up occasionally.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't even play Beyoncé anymore. Just DiL. On repeat. I've amassed a ridiculous number of plays over a short period of time. The last song that slayed me that hard was VSOP by KMichelle.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't even play Beyoncé anymore. Just DiL. On repeat. I've amassed a ridiculous number of plays over a short period of time. The last song that slayed me that hard was VSOP by KMichelle.

you better stan Drunk in Jesus's Love
Didn't she also fling shit at Miley once before?

#PromoteOnlineKindness

particularly ironic since pop culture in 2013 basically belonged to Miley, with a footnote by Beyoncé. Gaga didn't even get a feature credit. poor dat.

Majmun

I never skip Haunted, Blow, DiL, Partition and No Angel when I listen to BEYONCÉ
I still pay dust to Pretty Hurts, Rocket, Heaven and Blue.

The other tracks I use when I feel like it. Which get still more use than anything from Artpop, tho.

particularly ironic since pop culture in 2013 basically belonged to Miley, with a footnote by Beyoncé. Gaga didn't even get a feature credit. poor dat.

she "featured" in that one video of her galloping around a jungle with her tits out don't forget that -smirks-

EDIT: I still use Partition and Haunted. Where as with ARTPOP the only thing I routinely skip is Dope and maybe MANiCURE oops

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I never skip Haunted, Blow, DiL, Partition and No Angel when I listen to BEYONCÉ
I still pay dust to Pretty Hurts, Rocket, Heaven and Blue.

The other tracks I use when I feel like it. Which get still more use than anything from Artpop, tho.

Pretty Hurts, Haunted, Partition, Heaven and Flawless are my faves
I don't get the love for Blow, Superpower is a complete bore and she sounds awful on No Angel so they are my immediate skips

On the other hand the only song I skip from ARTPOP is dope and sometim Jewels and drugs because it doesn't fit with the album
edit; My faves from ARTPOP are MJH, GUY, Sex Dreams, Gypsy, Fashion and Applause.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

New UK girl band Neon Jungle have got a new song out called Braveheart. Click the pic to listen
I know some of you liked their first song Trouble and their second single is A LOT better imo

Little Hew? MKS What? Fifth Flops? These are my new fave girl band

Girl that song is basic a bit. Not making much of a statement as a new girl band releasing a song like that when your competition is releasing fresh shit like Move and Flatline.

Matt_

Flatline was by far my most disappointing song of the year. After growing up with the Sugababes and having played their cover of Swimming Pools countless times, for them to come out with something so boring and forgettable as their lead single just soured me on their return. MKS are capable of so much more.
I'm not a big fan of Move either, there are better songs on that album.

Also, Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne - Rather Be is currently slaying the UK charts. The dance/classical sound works really well, only a band formed at Cambridge Uni.

Nemesis_

This could totally mean nothing but Gaga has registered "Temple" on her (or Zedd's) ASCAP.

Produced by Zedd

"No, but it's about feeling safe with someone so beautiful on the inside and out."

"The song is about him being able to love somebody who has a fast pace life, and is always on the road."

There are heaps of songs registered that never came out, but I guess ARTPOP Vol. 2 is definitely coming at some point. It seems weird it would be registered now of all times.

But yeah, take with a grain of salt. I enjoyed Zedd's work on the album so I'm glad we might get to hear more in the near future
and it's an ode to Taylor's cock soooooo

i0KdyLAAzZCGH.gif

I'm on board with ARTPOP Volume 2, but only if the album feels like a departure enough from the first one. The concept is elastic enough to let her use more experimental sounds next time, but I think it's time for another evolution.

I pretty much use BEYONCE and ARTPOP every day.

My most played on BEYONCE:

1) Drunk In Love - 451 plays
2) Pretty Hurts - 348 plays
3) Jealous - 340 plays
4) Partition - 322 plays
5) Superpower - 301 plays
6) Rocket - 300 plays

My least played are Mine with 48 plays and No Angel with... 12. lol

My most played on ARTPOP:

1) Venus - 872 plays
2) Applause - 699 plays
3) Gypsy - 651 plays
4) Dope - 420 plays (Lol)
5) Do What U Want - 413 plays
6) G.U.Y. - 388 plays

My least played are MANiCURE with 92 plays and Jewels N Drugs with 50 plays.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i see the monsters on twitter trying to come for katy perry for 'copying' the 'monster pit' from the btw ball:

BedJjBrCcAAXTG4.jpg

are they just unaware that this kind of stage design wasn't invented by gaga or do they not care or what

Beyoncé for me is not regular rotation anymore. Not because I'm done with it but because I don't want to miss out on all the other new songs and talent that will appear this year.. Plus I have to give myself the grace period so I don't get tired of it.

When I do go back to listen to it it pretty much goes.

1. Haunted (unskip-able)
2. DiL
3. Blow
4. No Angel
5. Partition
6. Flawless
7. Superpower

If I feel like it..

8. Mine

Paid dust...

Heaven
Blue
Jealous
Rocket
Pretty hurts..

Yado

I still use everything except Superpower. Sometimes I don't make it to Heaven and Blue because of the disconnect between those songs and Flawless, I suppose I have Superpower to blame for being such a terrible bridge between them.

Majmun

Currently getting slayed by Loveeeee Song. The song is still amazing

I can't believe how bad the Unapologetic era was handled after Stay. Pour it Up should've been released faster, followed by Loveeeeee Song.

Both songs would've smashed so hard. But no, instead we got the shitty Right Now and What Now, and Pour it Up was release as an afterthought, way too late.

I mean, wtf? I'm sure Blue Ivy corrupted the single choices somehow. The little devil queen.

cory64

Pour It Up did smash as hard as Drunk In Love is smashing now but they backed off of pop adds when Stay started blowing up.
However it was inexcusable that Loveeeeee Song wasn't a proper single.

Yes. I love love song. It was the only song I loved off Unapologetic. It still is being used to this day. If it comes on a radio transition, I can't skip it. It's that good.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Currently getting slayed by Loveeeee Song. The song is still amazing

I can't believe how bad the Unapologetic era was handled after Stay. Pour it Up should've been released faster, followed by Loveeeeee Song.

Both songs would've smashed so hard. But no, instead we got the shitty Right Now and What Now, and Pour it Up was release as an afterthought, way too late.

I mean, wtf? I'm sure Blue Ivy corrupted the single choices somehow. The little devil queen.

Blame the radio for Love Song. It wasn't the official single, it was just getting plays by Urban/Rhythmic while PIU was already smashing there, and Stay was smashing pop. What she should have done was Diamonds/PIU in the fall and Stay/Love Song in the winter and all four would have smashed. Rih has the problem of having too many songs radio wants to play on her albums and they just play them.

It's kinda happening to Bey as well. Partition is getting some plays on Urban/Rhythmic stations as DiL is slaying there. It's probably gonna be her Love Song since DiL is consuming the lion's share of the airplay :/

cory64

#CarterFamilyProblems

Rih's team is only good enough to engineer two or three singles per year; it's a miracle she's as successful as she is with them fumbling so much solid material.

Eww New Zedd U? Bye with that.

I just think he's a mediocre producer. He can only get crazy when he is outside his main stream stuff and I hate that. Same thing with Madeon, dope before he got signed. Slowly Porter Robinson is going down those drains. I'll admit clarity was good but that basic beat was rescued by Foxxes. I'll say his features are good but that's about it. Not really here for him tbh. I tried to listen to him and give him the benefit of the doubt but he just disappoints terribly. He's a tier C Skillrex, nothing less.

I wonder how Beyonce really feels about Rihanna.

Do you think she just thinks of her as "that girl my husband forced me to talk about to Larry King in 2009"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom