• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Godness Graciousus and Latch are being sent to radio? Bless.

Latch? that's been out for ages...

[edit] assuming you mean the Disclosure song

[edit2] o it was never released in the US. get your life goyls, dancing to latch on a night out is a truly religiousT experience.

Latch needs to go #1 for 13 weeks to right the wrongs that occurred last year.
D5uJuyO.gif

xaosslug

isn't dope the one song on artpop that just about everyone hates?

yep. But when she performed it @ the YT thing it jumped to the top of iTunes for hours, so Gaga and ha team stay grasping @ anything. It's the same story w/ DWUW. There really seems to be no planning or direction going on, rn. Mess.

cory64

US Pop Radio has shifted to grabbing last season's hits from other formats/countries, it's a pretty sound strategy but it means that radio is now more:
1. Slow to change
2. Dated
3. Predictable

What is Gaga thinking? Why would she choose the worst song on the album!?

Just like how she shot a video for Venus and how she wanted that to be the second single instead of DWUW. She thinks her choices are right when they're wrong.

I am starting to understand why her and her manager had a "falling out"
Applause being the first single was not a great choice imo but eh.

Why do they always do this? Latch has been out since 2012 if I am not mistaken just not for US radio.

Well towards the end of 2012 but it blew up a lot during the first half of 2013. I think Latch is radio friendly for the US but Disclosure is still a Garage House group which definitely isn't a huge genre here. So I'm interested to know how it's going to play out.

Well towards the end of 2012 but it blew up a lot during the first half of 2013. I think Latch is radio friendly for the US but Disclosure is still a Garage House group. So I'm interested to know how it's going to play out.

Yeah, if this smashes here it will be expected of them to make music like Latch.
It will be interesting to see how things play out indeed.

US Pop Radio has shifted to grabbing last season's hits from other formats/countries, it's a pretty sound strategy but it means that radio is now more:
1. Slow to change
2. Dated
3. Predictable
It's so dumb. US Radio is slow as hell, and UK radio seems to be quick on the uptake but then artists don't release their songs in the UK until months after the songs should have been released.
OJI8q.gif

I need the Clear Channel dominance to end.
OJI8q.gif

xaosslug

1. Slow to change
2. Dated
3. Predictable

it's all thanks to iTunes + Youtube. US radio stays clocking 'hits' only after the fact, when it's tired from topping iTunes and exploding on Youtube. Oh well.

These two songs need to smash.
Also, I'm seeing Disclosure live on the 31st. I don't think I'm ready for the slayage yet.
D5uJuyO.gif

Edit:

Reposting this cause it's really, really amazing:

It truly is, I had the song on repeat all of yesterday/most of today. I have to take a break from all of the listens though.
D5uJuyO.gif
Do you use any of their other songs/videos?

Yeah, if this smashes here it will be expected of them to make music like Latch.
It will be interesting to see how things play out indeed.

Yeah but then it's going to be dated by that time. That's a sound that has well exists for years in the UK and all of a sudden in 2014 they want to give it air time?

Then While we're doing this, the UK has already moved on to the next new talent/sound.

It's frustrating really. Just compare listening to BBC Radio 1 vs Z100... It's Disgraceful.

One thing I love about the UK radio as well is everyone gets air time. They don't spin the same track over and over and over again.

When will we? ;_________;

Lady Gaga needs rehab.

For her brain?

Yeah but then it's going to be dated by that time. That's a sound that has well exists for years in the UK and all of a sudden in 2014 they want to give it air time?

Then While we're doing this, the UK has already moved on to the next new talent/sound.

It's frustrating really. Just compare listening to BBC Radio 1 vs Z100... It's Disgraceful.

One thing I love about the UK radio as well is everyone gets air time. They don't spin the same track over and over and over again.

When will we? ;_________;

Yeah, I keep up with the UK music scene and we're so behind it hurts.
Youtube and iTunes has really screwed with things as well like someone else pointed out.

cory64

rough graph of current music radiation
UK > YouTube/Streaming > > Retail playlists > > > > > > > > > > > > > > US Pop > Hot AC > > > > > AC
_______^you hear it____________________________________________________________^your friends hear it__^your mom hears it____

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How is La La La only just being sent to US radio? This isnt just some little local song, it has nearly 240 million hits on youtube, how has it not been picked up yet!?
Either way I hope Naughty Boy, Bastille and Disclosure slay the US like they have been here. Of course Ellie will continue to win over the other lessers

Majmun

Latch is still a great.

And this Fountain song is some fresh shit. It reminded me a bit of Goulding at first. But this is so much better.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i only found Stromae because of that weird 'am I gay if...' thread from last month. Lordt, the slayage.

Alors on Danse was THE dance song of 2009 in the UK, it was absolutely everywhere, but I dont ever recall hearing anything about a follow up
Makes me wish I knew other languages so I could expand my music tastes a bit more

xaosslug

Alors on Danse was THE dance song of 2009 in the UK, it was absolutely everywhere, but I dont ever recall hearing anything about a follow up
Makes me wish I knew other languages so I could expand my music tastes a bit more

wow, Alors on Danse is fucking hot! @_@

i agree! Ever since I was little I've loved listening to songs in other languages. I think it's because always hearing Hawaiian music and never (fully) grasping what was being said. LOL

cory64

she isn't read it again. She is saying to support beliebers since their fave is a struggle
and no fanbase should see their fave become a mess not to support Bieber himself

iFbDg0ttt1jQL.gif
bye she did tho
We may not understand everything celebrities do because there's only so much we see, but Justin and Beliebers were 'born this way' too.
How is that not her supporting Justin? She's not exactly condoning his actions but she is supporting his right to fuck up, which I don't think he deserves in this situation.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
bye she did tho

How is that not her supporting Justin?
where is the support? she is just saying we might not understand why Justin does the things he does cause we dont see everything

and I also agree with her that he was born this way, I mean I havent met any canadian that wasnt a mess
iFbDg0ttt1jQL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom