• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Queen Sophie Ellis-Bextor LIVE
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

Birth Of An Empire
Until The Stars Collide
Runaway Daydreamer
The Deer and The Wolf
Young Blood
When The Storm Has Blown Over
13 Little Dolls
Wrong Side Of The Sun
Love Is A Camera
Cry To The Beat Of The Band
Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
Dance Medley
Murder On The Dancefloor
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

xaosslug

Mau ®;98308760 said:
Also Shakira is a GLOBAL touring artist.

LIVE NATION bought exclusive rights to her tours. Xtina don't have that kind of power.

why is she mentoring on a singing contest, doe? The same singing contest Christina is continuously DRAGGED for sitting in on? Don't even get me started on Kylie doing it too, and peeps not batting an eyelash...

Godtina STAYS inspiring your faves, tbh. I can understand why she keeps peeps mad.

fucking KIIIIII

iRMFl4mG0Izwd.gif

royalan

LOL - the Navy/Beyhive truce never lasts long.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that RIhanna doesn't have any creative control over her career. Reading a few interviews on her album-making process, it's pretty clear that she does.

And, honestly, I don't know why the Beyhive is coming for Rihanna not having any creative input when their fave just used all of her "creative input" to create an album that sounds like Unapologetic (minus the radio hits).

why is she mentoring on a singing contest, doe? The same singing contest Christina is continuously DRAGGED for sitting in on? Don't even get me started on Kylie doing it too, and peeps not batting an eyelash...

Godtina STAYS inspiring your faves, tbh. I can understand why she keeps peeps mad.

fucking KIIIIII

iRMFl4mG0Izwd.gif

I just woke up from a nap. Thanks for the hot tea, sis.

Vazra

fucking KIIIIII

iRMFl4mG0Izwd.gif

I usually dont agree with you but as you are correct draaaaaaag
tumblr_m7jhqlzx5z1qzmh74o1_500.gif

LOL - the Navy/Beyhive truce never lasts long.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that RIhanna doesn't have any creative control over her career. Reading a few interviews on her album-making process, it's pretty clear that she does.

And, honestly, I don't know why the Beyhive is coming for Rihanna not having any creative input when their fave just used all of her "creative input" to create an album that sounds like Unapologetic (minus the radio hits).

I just woke up from a nap. Thanks for the hot tea, sis.

They both chased a sound that's been around longer than their albums have, but Beyonce did it much, much better.

royalan

Well, this is completely untrue.

You're able to nap at clubs? I could never manage that.

This SHADE! X_X

I actually haven't gone out in weeks. I'm going stir crazy. :(

They both chased a sound that's been around longer than their albums have, but Beyonce did it much, much better.

No need to get mad, sis. All I said was that the albums were similar. One just has an international radio smash, and the other doesn't. That's it.

royalan

Oh I know that, I was being sarcastic. There's no machine that can make someone who can't sing, sound good.

They've been feeling themselves after her recent success a bit too much

...I was being a thirsty trollop and talking about their flawless avis tho. >_>....

I think it's all that pent up rage from other fanbases calling her last album 4lop and how she's done and so on. But yeah, Bey is slaying right now just take pride in that.

Touchdown

Banned
i get what he's saying, doe. I mean ya fave is s.L.A.Y.i.n.g everyone's faves so handily, rn, it's like... why are Bey stans catching all these feelings? What kind of insecurity.

ibkTiW6gpqcxMz.gif

Yeah I agree with this too. The hive has been downright nasty on twitter and some other sites who's names shall remain concealed, even to the lambs who have been nothing but supportive of Bey from the get go. It's strange.

Majmun

I dunno, stanning for Bey is like using cheatcodes in a videogame. Her talent, beauty and success make it so easy to clock other basic faves.

The other stanbases just can't deal tbh.

Vazra

I dunno, stanning for Bey is like using cheatcodes in a videogame. Her talent, beauty and success make it so easy to clock other basic faves.

The other stanbases just can't deal tbh.

Just like she cheats herself into writing credits.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is obviously true. She just shows up in the studio, high as a kite, she gets her lyrics right there. She half sings them, they put her voice through a machine to make her sound good, and they send her on her way. She only ever does one take of her songs and thats why her albums come out so quickly, cause she can record a full length album in an hour.

On tour, they prop her up and control her with strings, she doesn't sing anything live, and then she leaves and goes and gets more high.

All her endorsements aren't even pushed by her. She has no creative control over Rihanna for River Island or her Mac deal, and is only part of them in name only, not deed. Not that there is so much tea out there to prove my whole post wrong, I'll believe the word of a pressed hive instead.

yup

sounds more plausible than 'beyonce doesn't have a music career left' to me.

Still getting your thoughts together on the album or I missed the post? >.>
gerL

Well, um, she has nicely defined cheeks (on her face). And the first 7 seconds of Runaway Dreamer are devoid of flaws. And the album helped me fall asleep after binging on too much Starbucks Apple Caramel Spice cider.

i see she bagged herself a kris allen-sized twink hubby

tumblr_mzgqm2NT8c1tp5y9jo1_250.gif

gerL

Well, um, she has nicely defined cheeks (on her face). And the first 7 seconds of Runaway Dreamer are devoid of flaws. And the album helped me fall asleep after binging on too much Starbucks Apple Caramel Spice cider.

In other words your album is not coming. Thank you.
tumblr_lu840461c11qf46efo1_250.gif

Vazra

gerL

I see lol.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/4651704

When we did our year-end features last month, we included a piece called "Bieber's Best (Read: Worst) Moments of 2013," but after Justin was arrested in Miami for drag racing while drunk and high on prescription pills and pot, the pop star's misbehaviour is not funny anymore.

There may be a tendency toward comparing Bieber's downward spiral to Britney Spears from a few years ago, but that would be a mistake. Yes, Britney lost her shit but Bieber's acting like an asshole. And there's a huge difference.

The media coverage was comparable, of course, and certainly Spears acted out by partying too much in public, but let's put her 2007 breakdown into perspective. In November 2006, she filed for divorce from K-Fed. In January her aunt, whom she was close with, died of cancer. In February she briefly checked into rehab, then fled and infamously shaved her head. She entered other treatment centres over the next month or so. Later that year, she lost custody of her children. And then the following January she had a breakdown as they were being taken away and she was hospitalized on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold and diagnosed as bipolar.

During all this she was being followed by a paparazzi operating under an unprecedented intensity -- which nearly led to a "Britney Law" restricting their activities -- and was allegedly being drugged by manager-slash-svengali Sam Lufti, who was later hit with a restraining order in Feb 2008, just when her life got back on track.

Oh, and in the middle of all this, Spears also released her best album, Blackout and arguably her best song, "Piece of Me."

So Brit had real grown-up problems and real bad influences that led to her downward spiral. Bieber, well, broke up with Selena and turned 19, I guess.

Up until recently, his acting out has seemed like typical teenage stuff. He moved into his own place, partied with friends, graffiti'd walls, drove too fast and egged his neighbour's house. All of this would have been minor events in many (jerky) teenage boys' lives. Bieber's bad behaviour was magnified because of his fame and we could joke about how much his Jesus tattoo must disapprove.

I mean, really, the L.A. county sheriff can pretend all he wants that he's treating Beiber's egg raid the same as he would any non-celebrity, but most eggings don't result in 11 cop cars executing a felony search warrant followed by a press conference.

This new arrest, though, is different. Drag racing is a real problem, and driving under the influence is even worse. Combining the two -- and in a residential neighbourhood, no less -- is a recipe for death. This is not a joke charge like the other one, and it's not boys-being-boys, either. It's deadly.

At her worst, Spears was declared a danger to herself. Bieber is now a danger to others.

The media, us included, have had a lot of laughs from Bieber being smuggled out of a brothel or attacking the paparazzi or peeing into a mop bucket or losing his pet monkey. But there have been other instances, too, which were not so funny: threatening his neighbour, getting busted with a stun gun, the 911 calls about passed-out partiers and, just last week, the report that he'd developed a codeine habit and was refusing his team's urging to go to rehab.

Hopefully, this arrest will result in Bieber going both to rehab and to jail. The kid has talent, that's obvious to anyone who's seen the home movie footage in the Bieber doc Never Say Never, but it can only be squandered for so long. Based on the box office failure of his follow-up doc, Believe, and the barely-there sales of his new album, Journals, the public has had enough. So if he doesn't go to jail, at least he might just go away.

We don't need him anyway, we still have Britney.

Not to mention Miley, who by the way also broke free from her goody-two-shoes child star image without getting into any trouble at all offstage.

Truly SCALDING tea from HuffPo and a timely reminder how only a True Lotus can survive the harshest of conditions and thr- star in her own smash hit, critically acclaimed Vegas spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom