• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJcLcuQdOw

Holy shit is he good.
ed2305b7.png

If you like this, you'll get your life from Sampha.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sampha&sm=3

Bladenic

88 Shakira - Can't Remember To Forget You (feat. Rihanna)

nadie está comprobando para ella
jajajajaja

CRTFY debuted at #28, aka already outpeaking every Legend X single with her as a lead artist since Not That Big of A Flop Tonight.

But it's okay, the feature artist of the generation has 3 hits where she's not the lead artist.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Aphrodylie's Album Cover for Kiss Me Once

emaskriver.gif

hmm, reminds me a lot of her most recent greatest hits cover (tho her face was WAY too photoshopped)

Currently listening to this flawless album:

1186262143_b000070gmg.02.lzzzzzzz.jpg

you better stan

Confessions on a NeoGAF Post:

Katy B is coming for weaves with Little Red a bit. Perched
PaNiBLg.gif

trollcuntemisia, her legendary power

but yes, katy b is coming to collect her wig due. you missed I Like you though, which also shits despite being a b-side.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CRTFY debuted at #28, aka already outpeaking every Legend X single with her as a lead artist since Not That Big of A Flop Tonight.

But it's okay, the feature artist of the generation has 3 hits where she's not the lead artist.

drag it to the pits and let it be eaten by giant cannibal plague rats

Mau ®

Also Shakira is a GLOBAL touring artist.

LIVE NATION bought exclusive rights to her tours. Xtina don't have that kind of power.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;98308760 said:
Also Shakira is a GLOBAL touring artist.

LIVE NATION bought exclusive rights to her tours. Xtina don't have that kind of power.

sis not too much, 'shakira is a touring artist' would have been enough.

cory64

They're the only artists on the list tho, it's strictly for the business side of things which leads me to believe that they were the only artists making enough moves to make the list so that they didn't have to put some industry hew on the cover.

Majmun

They're the only artists on the list tho, it's strictly for the business side of things.

They're on a whole different level compared to the other music artists. Even your fave Rihanna is one of their products where they make money off.

Their undeniable power. Confirmed over and over again.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the lengths the pressed and stressed go to in order to deny their legendary power and influence

'no the only measure of success is singles sales in itunes between the years 2007 and 2013 and the chart positions of your second, fifth and sixth album. because bey doesn't have those things she's a flop'

keep seething and fuming.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Are we back to saying Rih only sells singles after she just came off of a year with multiple endorsements and a 140M dollar tour?

d at the pressure

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Are we back to saying Rih only sells singles after she just came off of a year with multiple endorsements and a 140M dollar tour?

d at the pressure

did i say rih only sells singles though?

i'm just commenting on the struggles of trying to deny beyoncé's relevance and influence

Majmun

We're talking about power. Power is more than just sales.

Rih is just one of the puppets on a string. A very successful product. The Carters own her. That makes them automatically more powerful.

Majmun

Rihanna is a puppet talk again? This thread really does go around in circles a bit.

She definitely is in this industry. No creative freedom.

She's definitely a hard worker, but the people who made her successful and are keeping her relevant are working harder.

DMeisterJ

Banned
She definitely is in this industry. No creative freedom.

She's definitely a hard worker, but the people who made her successful and are keeping her relevant are working harder.

Just because she doesn't bother stealing writing and prosecution credits does not make her lack creative freedom.

cory64

No one has more control over her creative direction than Rihanna, even if she's not doing the actual writing and composing (at least the past few albums)

Majmun

Rihanna is one of my faves, but I can't deny that she's beeing steered by her team. She can party all day and night long, and that's what she probably does. Her team just summons her to the studio to record her next smash hit. And then she probably has to leave.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna is one of my faves, but I can't deny that she's beeing steered by her team. She can party all day and night long, and that's what she probably does. Her team just summons her to the studio to record her next smash hit. And then she probably has to leave.

This is obviously true. She just shows up in the studio, high as a kite, she gets her lyrics right there. She half sings them, they put her voice through a machine to make her sound good, and they send her on her way. She only ever does one take of her songs and thats why her albums come out so quickly, cause she can record a full length album in an hour.

On tour, they prop her up and control her with strings, she doesn't sing anything live, and then she leaves and goes and gets more high.

All her endorsements aren't even pushed by her. She has no creative control over Rihanna for River Island or her Mac deal, and is only part of them in name only, not deed. Not that there is so much tea out there to prove my whole post wrong, I'll believe the word of a pressed hive instead.

yup

Yado

No one has more control over her creative direction than Rihanna, even if she's not doing the actual writing and composing (at least the past few albums)

I wouldn't say no one has more control but she has the final say, I'm sure. I find it hard to believe that an artist in Rihanna's position isn't singing the songs she wants to or doesn't have any input in her creative direction.

Majmun

The only thing that's pressed is Rih's bank account when she has to pay the Cartertax.

Blue Ivy has probably more power than Rih tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The only thing that's pressed is Rih's bank account when she has to pay the Cartertax.

Blue Ivy has probably more power than Rih tbh.

Yeah she does. Cause when she's 18 she can go to the adoption agency and find her real parents and write a tell all book on what really happened to her mother and father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom