• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

My fave song on BTD (after the title track) is "Lucky Ones". There ARE better songs than that one but I have connection to that song.

I was perched for those Born To Die instrumental leaks.
tumblr_m4emwgc8Or1rsabu0o9_250.gif

Makes me appreciate her songs more.

Touchdown

Banned
Lana is my first stanning experience. BTD is in my top five albums of all time right now. Zero of the rest are pop.

She transcends barriers.

But yeah. Radio, again. When that chorus goes in, it's magic.

What connects people to her though? I'm just curious. She seems to be the most distant, uninspired, unemotional, dreary, sad, drugged, depressing singer I ever did see.

Mau ®;98977946 said:
My fave song on BTD (after the title track) is "Lucky Ones". There ARE better songs than that one but I have connection to that song.

That's another really great song. I live how optimistic it is compared to the other songs and her voice is so lovely in that high register.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What connects people to her though? I'm just curious. She seems to be the most distant, uninspired, unemotional, dreary, sad, drugged, depressing singer I ever did see.

Okay, for one, you can't be sad, depressed and unemotional. Sad and depressed are emotions. And the persona Lana affects is both. Not every singer needs to be sunshine and puppy farts.

And dreary is also correct. It's the listless affectation of a fundamental strong women, broken by her own optimism broke upon the rocks of life. A reality that beauty and insubstantial life goals are the other things that matter to a society that firmly believes a woman's worth is between her thighs. It's a sexual exploration of life in America, tainted by values of monetary self-worth and brief, sorrow streaked romances. The persona on Ready to Die is a broken woman, singing of heart break, romance unfulfilled and realizing that she can own the mind, body and souls of men if she only gives up every moral she once held.

So, um. That.

howlingT

i have a special connection with Crystal Castles II

you better believe i dished out the dicking of the century

...Tracy Chapman "Fast Car" and "Talkin' Bout a Revolution"

SaintZ

What? You must have not seen ONE of her interviews. She's so charming, happy, cute, down to earth and intelligent. A true queen.

Touchdown

Banned
Okay, for one, you can't be sad, depressed and unemotional. Sad and depressed are emotions. And the persona Lana affects is both. Not every singer needs to be sunshine and puppy farts.

And dreary is also correct. It's the listless affectation of a fundamental strong women, broken by her own optimism broke upon the rocks of life.

...Tracy Chapman "Fast Car" and "Talkin' Bout a Revolution"

Oh I see. :) You're right those are all emotions, I guess I should have said her music, not her. I was just wondering. I listen to her stuff and I just can't connect to it, almost like country music in a way. I agree too that not every singer needs to be sunshine and puppy farts but I guess what I'm saying is she's missing that "realness" factor. I don't really know if I can put it into words.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh I see. :) You're right those are all emotions, I guess I should have said her music, not her. I was just wondering. I listen to her stuff and I just can't connect to it, almost like country music in a way.

Oh, I don't know shit about her personally. I always hated seeing interviews of singers you admire. They are never like you picture from their music, nahmean?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Being forced to download and watch Sex and the City. Think of me in your prayers

Mau ®

Rihta Ora is releasing her lead single soon. It features production by Calvin Harris.

She's coming for her We Found Love sized hit!

Ki

royalan

Someone mentioned Queen Crystal Kay.
Get into these.
Never Say Goodbye (Japanese) from her EP Flash
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdrc6m_never-say-goodbye_music

Fly High (Japanese) from her album Vivid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2R6Blr3gLM

My Everything (english)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBffp2rKjZ0

I use all of these.

Is that pic a follow-up to this one?

dio;ghaerupogfb;aerobflaeubfuae;holhh; NO YOU DIDN'T i;faongkjlabgvj;kbsd;lviabwr'lfha

bye , sex and the city shits on the trash tv shows that get stanned for these days

LET. THEM. KNOW.

What was it called?

How is the Listening Phase of your project going?

All finished! I've listened to about 90 albums and I finished making my top 40. I don't know if I'll post it or not... I wouldn't be able to write it out without explaining each one and it'll take me forever, lol. I'm wrestling between doing that, finishing up my ARTPOP review, or doing a tournament-style thing where everyone can participate. I'm open to suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom