• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clqxu9S.png

Oh, it's not coming for a couple weeks, but still perched.

PopGAF needs to rally around Crystal Kay and make her happen. Our impact would be undeniable if we are successful.

I just started stanning for her so this is great news!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think it's actually deliberate rather than just her not being supple enough to do it in one motion

of course it might be deliberate because she's not supple enough to do it in one motion

Who lists Prisms good songs and leaves out Spiritual, and lists ARTPOPs good songs and includes Applause.

#mess.

spiritual is by far the best song on prism, dark horse is usable, roar is bad, everything else is meh.

don't remember anything else from the album so maybe im forgetting something

Is Katy always that stiff? I don't watch her perform so I can't tell.

katy just isn't a good performer.

Nemesis_

WHEN I GET MY BACK UP AGAINST THE WALL

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

DON'T NEED NO-ONE TO RESCUE ME

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

CAUSE I AIN'T WAITING UP FOR NO MIRACLE

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

YEAH TONIGHT I'M RUNNING FREE

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

INTO THE BLUUUEEEEEEE

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

INTO THE BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i5k9dSHZBK1Gj.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i swear like the whole of the last third of the album is the same song (except summertime sadness which is great)

but it's very front-loaded...born to die is the best track on the album (deal with it) and by national anthem the fireworks are basically over

[edit] i know that this is the point where the mental lana del rey stans insist that fucking this is what makes us girls or some bullshit is the best track on the album and how wrong i am but w/e this is like when gaga stans try and convince me that fucking penus is a better song than bad romance

SaintZ

i swear like the whole of the last third of the album is the same song (except summertime sadness which is great)
As a Lana stan, I sort of agree with this criticism. The first time I listened to BTD, I did think that a lot of the songs sounded samey. The main issue, I think, was in the production. It is a great production but they used a lot of the same sounds and effects in a lot of the songs.

The only truly stinker on the album is that trash Lolita. The demo is superior in everyway. I'm not fond of Carmen or Radio either tbh. Those should have been the deluxe edition tracks because Without You and Lucky Ones >>>>>>>

Nemesis_

Oh yeah, I forgot about Radio. I hate Radio. I really fucking hate it. And it's only because she unnecessarily inserts expletives into the chorus and it just sounds so half assed and terrible and like she's trying to have TUDE and all.

[/ironicpost]

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh, man, I love Radio. When that chorus kicks in and she says "cinnamon" in that voice...sigh. Great song.

But I have listened to that album every day and haven't gotten sick of it at all. I'm the only Marine driving down the road belting out "THIS IS WHAT MAKES US GIRLS!"

Oh, man, I love Radio. When that chorus kicks in and she says "cinnamon" in that voice...sigh. Great song.

But I have listened to that album every day and haven't gotten sick of it at all. I'm the only Marine driving down the road belting out "THIS IS WHAT MAKES US GIRLS!"

Thank goodness someone else stans for Radio. I love it so much.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thank goodness someone else stans for Radio. I love it so much.

Lana is my first stanning experience. BTD is in my top five albums of all time right now. Zero of the rest are pop.

She transcends barriers.

But yeah. Radio, again. When that chorus goes in, it's magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom