• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mooriah? That's a new one. /sarcasm

Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness #199

Mariah Carey - You're Mine (Eternal) #23

bye3.gif

Congrats on passing a two year old song I guess.

But will the most successful female artist of all time pass Demo's Neon Lights? Can the solo artist with most #1 hits crack the top twenty on iTunes?

6zHdyxv.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Um.

I really don't like doing this unless I have strong feelings one way or another (really love or really... let's say unimpressed), but I guess I liked her voice, overall. I listened to a live performance, though, because studio performances these days aren't necessarily a good indicator of actual ability, and I wasn't quite as impressed with her performance. It's hard to tell from a couple of acoustic performances and a 'normal' performance with bad audio; she doesn't have to push herself much in the former and it's hard to hear well in the latter. That said, she sounds like she's shouting at least some of the time, and the "From New York to LA" high part sounded shaky, at best. I'm also not completely convinced that that's the actual weight of her voice; it has this affected quality that makes me suspicious that it isn't. I'm not sure, though.

TL;DR: I like her voice, some aspects of her performing could use work, and I might listen to her if she has any studio work I like. Honestly I wasn't really a fan of the music itself.

She started last year and the only thing up is one EP with 4 tracks. I think she has potential despite some shaky moments and breathing issues on those performances. She does seems to force herself a bit to get to some areas but for most of the part she pulls it off. I think she can develop into something really great with time. That is if she manages to put on a full album and develop more her tool. Afterall tons of girls in the game had issues which they either corrected or got worse in time.

As more performances come I think she will get better on terms of performing. Still better than a lot of the girls in the game right now vocally. (Not that hard to do really considering KP, Rih, and other girls in the industry being terrible live singers.)

Wasn't Mariah guilty of abusing the chart rules to get number 1s? Something about not officially releasing something as a single until it had a good shot at number 1?

Chart rules? Haven't heard this one before.

iUSpGUmdc4q9g.gif

g0rl I'm not lying! I'm still trying to find the receipt, though. Maybe someone hew knows her more can provide it. I read that her team would send songs to radio and wait for them to peak before releasing a physical single which would make it eligible for charting. This allowed ha songs to shoot to the top of the charts, rather than making that achievement organically. That's chart manipulation, sis.

okah6rhlb6x.gif

Touchdown

Banned
g0rl I'm not lying! I'm still trying to find the receipt, though. Maybe someone hew knows her more can provide it. I read that her team would send songs to radio and wait for them to peak before releasing a physical single which would make it eligible for charting. This allowed ha songs to shoot to the top of the charts, rather than making that achievement organically. That's chart manipulation, sis.

okah6rhlb6x.gif

Look for that receipt sis. I think you're probably talking about reducing the price on the Loverboy single.

okah6rhlb6x.gif

I guess that was a no to all of the above.

28. You're Mine (Eternal) - Mariah Carey

Oh It hit #11 yesterday.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
idk what you are really arguing about tbh

We all know Lana has not seen the same success as Gaga's PAST eras, but Lana is doing great at the moment, better than Gaga (at the moment) which is the point.

Gaga has lost ha mojo. That big marketing giant who knew how to rouse an audience is gone, replaced by a crazed quack whose been deluded by little monsturds, her feelings for ART this and POP that, and some abramovic chick.

Her next move will show us whether she's learned anything at all from ARTPOP's flop beginning. Lettuce pray for it.

makegret.gif

your fave sucks

okah6rhlb6x.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
seethe at the effort the monsters put, thats what separates an artist that sells out all of her UK dates in one weekend from those who are still struggling in theaters

tumblr_n0rflgkDD01qzwh14o2_500.gif

Talk to me about little monsturds and effort when ARTPOP passes MDNA's ww sales.

tumblr_m1pwguYef81r0tuogo1_r1_500.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Video confiscated.... Oh well, that sucks. I always miss out on the good stuff. ME2 slayage has been doing that lately but I'm not mad.

Jack is such a bitch! I wanted to pop her ass when she called me a pussy. Oh Hells no! Her time is coming soon... RIP. Miranda is a bitch too but I can deal. Also, not my Shepard being thirsty for Jacob tho lol. I went to talk to him and she's already like, you don't have to address me as commander... Girl staap, she got a man.

Yado

There's nothing Taylor can do to escape her blandness.

Heard your boyfriend was away this weekend
Wanna meet at my place?

itjSHPbnPs6fx.gif

I would like to see Taylor other than Basic but I feel like what you see is what you get.

She's a role model, she knows it, and that's why she will remain the way she is. At least she isn't trying to prove she is growing up like her other peers... :eyes:

She just gradually shows maturity in a natural way without the gimmicks. I approve even though I don't like it that much.

taylor looks ready to pick me up from soccer and take me and my best friend to a dairy queen drive thru. she wont order anything because shes trying to lose the weight, but she'll eat the bulk of our ice cream.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would like to see Taylor other than Basic but I feel like what you see is what you get.

She's a role model, she knows it, and that's why she will remain the way she is. At least she isn't trying to prove she is growing up like her other peers... :eyes:

She just gradually shows maturity in a natural way without the gimmicks. I approve even though I don't like it that much.

Lettuce remember this masterpiece of how would Taylor sing Beyonce's "Partition"

Driver roll up the partition on this truck
Over there I swear I saw Daddy look at me
Handprints and footprints on my guitar
Handprints and good grips all on my notebook
Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me TayTay when we get to this brunch
Coca Cola drip, talk that gossip
Chauffer driving on the rain trying not to crash

Lettuce remember this masterpiece of how would Taylor sing Beyonce's "Partition"

Over there I swear I saw Daddy look at me
Handprints and footprints on my guitar
Handprints and good grips all on my notebook
Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me TayTay when we get to this brunch
Coca Cola drip, talk that gossip
Chauffer driving on the rain trying not to crash

I just canT!

WhoopiDead.gif

3phemeral

Finally got to watch the You're Mine video.

ibe9djoJYKLO55.gif

Really?

She sits in the same spot for the entire video, hugs her upper body, and stares awkwardly into the camera while Trey provides all the eye candy.

Mmm...Trey.

i8CYuiScbW8PZ.gif

And that falsetto overlap towards the end is so jarring. Dahling, what are you doing, MC?

ibjG39PZXATK3b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom