• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
If his show follows the traditional format, probably the last 15 minutes.

Thank you I was wondering that myself I'll just tune in during the final 15. Wanna see my fave girl Gaga so bad but I don't want to have to sit through Jimmy's half-baked hot mess of a show to get to it.

RubyFaith

OMG Bless!!!

Get your lives!!

tumblr_mavy2eiavv1rtgem1o1_500.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlP0m39xdI0

This Free Your Mind performance is my fave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos--XEugv0
Those hair flips. Those thighs. The fierceness!

Aguila

#ICONIC
Part of me wants her to flop so we can get Indiega.

I imagine Indiega going truly experimental and gathering some new producers *0*

royalan

Why does it seem like Pop stars today just don't have the longevity that they used to?

I mean, all of the people in the game now that we would consider the greats are winding down. Britney's done. Justin's done. Leona never started. Gaga's not done, but she's in the winds. Christina's not done, but she's obviously settled into a smaller profile now that she's a mother (and engaged again). Beyonce's still in decent form, but even she's not ATTACKING the game like she used to, and outside of her Mrs.Illuminati Show this is looking to be her most low-key era ever.

I mean, where's the tenacity? Madonna, Prince, MJ, these legends were only JUST GETTING STARTED at this point in their careers. Just for comparison, Christina is 33, Britney is 32, and Bey is 31. At that point in her career, Madonna hadn't even released EROTICA yet. Madge still had 8 albums and some of her most iconic career moments ahead of her. She showed no signs of slowing down, even as she got married and started a family. Heck, she GREW her profile and started doing more movies around this time in addition to her music.

But it seems like all of our girls are petering out.

It's starting to seem like the next King and Queen of Pop isn't going to be the most "talented" or "deserving" of the bunch. It's going to be the acts who can stay hungry for it the longest.

tumblr_lky05oVwx41qewmu6o1_500.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

Why does it seem like Pop stars today just don't have the longevity that they used to?

I mean, all of the people in the game now that we would consider the greats are winding down. Britney's done. Justin's done. Leona never started. Gaga's not done, but she's in the winds. Christina's not done, but she's obviously settled into a smaller profile now that she's a mother (and engaged again). Beyonce's still in decent form, but even she's not ATTACKING the game like she used to, and outside of her Mrs.Illuminati Show this is looking to be her most low-key era ever.

I mean, where's the tenacity? Madonna, Prince, MJ, these legends were only JUST GETTING STARTED at this point in their careers. Just for comparison, Christina is 33, Britney is 32, and Bey is 31. At that point in her career, Madonna hadn't even released EROTICA yet. Madge still had 8 albums and some of her most iconic career moments ahead of her. She showed no signs of slowing down, even as she got married and started a family. Heck, she GREW her profile and started doing more movies around this time in addition to her music.

It's starting to seem like the next King and Queen of Pop isn't going to be the most "talented" or "deserving" of the bunch. It's going to be the acts who can stay hungry for it the longest.

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

D5uJuyO.gif

Roy's comment about EROTICA earlier, and is non stop Bey stanning has caused me to draw a comparison between the utterly flawless (sans Mine) BEYONCE and utterly flawless (sans Bye Bye Baby) EROTICA. Equal in # of tracks, near equal in length, equal in some overt sexual content
(up to and including songs about their respective vaginas)
. Is Beyonce the true Black Madonna?
i15UhTYu0X8Gl.gif

i6lWNe7rE2DCh.gif

lol

Biiiiitch though, Donatella as a single with this kinda look in the promo?

*yaaaaaaaaas gaga instagram video.mp3*

Also, I wasn't expecting an ARTPOP performance either. She's paid awful amounts of dust (so has everyone else) to the titular track.

It might just be a sign of the times. Everything comes out instantly now, and fans immediately eat it up and demand more in the first hour. People just expect new stuff to come out in the blink of an eye (in this very thread, even) when back in my day (can't believe I'm using that, my agE) new albums/songs used to seem like big events. You had MTV and VH1 actually catering to music fans to help get the word out and keep hype up, since the internet wasn't readily available and mainstream until around the time Britney blew up.

Nowadays artists are becoming more and more disposable (for lack of a better term) due to the amount of information and exposure even the smallest name gets. Oh, Gaga is flopping? Let me go listen to this indie girl instead. Oh, Indie Girl hasn't made a new album yet? But her last one was only 2 months ago! Let me hop on Spotify/iTunes/Twitter/Instagram/Youtube and find something else to listen to. Clearly artists can still keep themselves relevant, but with the amount of demand for product, it becomes harder and harder to satisfy the urges of the fans and not look like you're being lazy. And this isn't even getting into how the artists have eyes all over them 24/7. Why are you taking selfies when you should be making my new album you FUCKING BITCH NJFHBKSHBKGGJK

War music has changed. Whether or not that's good or bad...it's up to you to decide.

irSPYLftMw8Tl.gif

Nemesis_

The ARTPOP performance is actually pretty good IMO. I mean it's not anywhere near the heights of stuff like her VMA or AMA performances but it's definitely a step in the right direction for her - especially when we look at all the performances of DWUW that she pumped out recently.

But seriously what the hell is going on with the album and it's promotional schedule >_> Announce a single properly already >_>

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My monster card is on hold till further notice, that performance was a mess
Like seriously a piano verse when the highlight of the song is its instrumental oh and do rub the wound of removing the hee-hees by still placing them in the last verse every time you perform the song

I did not wait weeks for this, I feel molested

iblguc6upkZgZj.gif

It was such a bipolar performance. Still there are stans that would buy canned farts by Gaga and call them art.

It might just be a sign of the times. Everything comes out instantly now, and fans immediately eat it up and demand more in the first hour.People just expect new stuff to come out in the blink of an eye (in this very thread, even) when back in my day (can't believe I'm using that, my agE) new albums/songs used to seem like big events. You had MTV and VH1 actually catering to music fans to help get the word out and keep hype up, since the internet wasn't readily available and mainstream until around the time Britney blew up.

Nowadays artists are becoming more and more disposable (for lack of a better term) due to the amount of information and exposure even the smallest name gets. Oh, Gaga is flopping? Let me go listen to this indie girl instead. Oh, Indie Girl hasn't made a new album yet? But her last one was only 2 months ago! Let me hop on Spotify/iTunes/Twitter/Instagram/Youtube and find something else to listen to. Clearly artists can still keep themselves relevant, but with the amount of demand for product, it becomes harder and harder to satisfy the urges of the fans and not look like you're being lazy. And this isn't even getting into how the artists have eyes all over them 24/7. Why are you taking selfies when you should be making my new album you FUCKING BITCH NJFHBKSHBKGGJK

War music has changed. Whether or not that's good or bad...it's up to you to decide.

irSPYLftMw8Tl.gif

This is the 100% truth. Since digital distribution started to become a growing trend adding to the wide arrange of easy discovery programs like YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.. Music is disposable. I do this everyday. I drink music like it's water. I can't live without it and I can't stand waiting and waiting for one or two people. There's more out there, different people with different sounds and it feeds that wait.

Rob....This flawless TASTE

ec20fb7f.gif
ec20fb7f.gif

You just set me off. I had to.

Brownstone - If you love me
Groove Theory - Tell Me
Next - Too Close
Keith Sweat - Nobody
Xscape - My little secret
Zhane - Hey Mr. DJ
Soul 2 Soul - Back to life
SWV-Can We
Total - What about us
SWV - I am so into you
Tevin Campbell - Can we Talk
Total - Can't you see
Aaliyah - If your girl only knew
Faith Evans - You used to love me

HEEEELLPPPP!

DMeisterJ

Banned

Perfect Post.

And we know who the hungriest is. The one who keeps surpassing herself, keeps getting better, keeps breaking records, and keeps slaying.

tumblr_n08ueoROTr1qfh70bo1_500.gif

gaga is DONE. that performance was so awful. she is like a parody of herself at this point.

#steeldiver is receiving rave reviews. get it now. only for nintendo 3ds family.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tumblr_m7qqhxYhSS1qdmb8eo1_500.png

Truly one of the most abhorrent, disingenuous people on the planet. Whenever she makes a hyperbolic claim and can't back it up with any receipts, she back tracks and says the opposite. This isn't confined to her track record about sales either.

She is known to be a two faced, back stabbing piece of Scheiße.

Let's take a look at her lying on tape about the Aguilera comparisons during her debut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Empc0_Qb_1I
Date: 2013
“from the very beginning of when my career started there was all this controversy about the two of us and I always felt that it was very unfair to her.”

Looks like a fine interview, right? Well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6orGhq4Hk
Date: 2008
"“Christina Aguilera…there’s an obvious resemblance between the looks. Whether or not she was inspired by my work, doesn’t matter to me. It’s like, if she was, that’s great.”

Back when she was at her peak, she doesn't feel like it's "unfair" that Aguilera was being compared to her. Of course, she was only fueling the controversy by replying to it with such an air of confidence.

But, look to who she turned to save Do What U Want!

Gaga is nothing but a sub-human, toucan nosed, LGBT exploiting hack that uses people for her own convenience. They are nothing but fodder to further her own "agenda" as the ~ a r t i s t e ~ of our generation. Truly, her lack of success at this point in her career is karma coming back to bite her in the ass. I wonder whether she'll ever rebound considering that she recently fired the manager that was behind her most successful eras. Her yes men and ego have got to her. Get it together.

1tu5y.gif

drag it to the PITS

[edit] just saw the performance, mess at her ruining ARTPOP with that arrangement.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't know what ya'll are seeing but I thought the ARTPOP performance was pretty good

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Shouldn't you be posting sub 1M updates of your hasbeen fave's latest disappointment?
iBiFDe6Pi5eki.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't know what ya'll are seeing but I thought the ARTPOP performance was pretty good

she needs to stop believing that wheeling in the piano gives a song instant class tbh, because the flip side is that it strips a song of character, particularly for a song like ARTPOP where the production carries the song

then bringing the actual backing in for the second half of the song makes it sound disconnected and inchoate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom