• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get into partition past the first verse.
Girl sit

The song builds so flawlessly and only gets better once those drums come in at the second verse. My loinSSS

EDIT: And Blow falls apart the moment Timbaland's shit-stain turd of a voice starts bellowing "Turn my cherry out!" GROSS

Ehhhh, as much as I love partition... The media backlash is going to be so heavy. I migh
t have to get my helmet and shield ready. I wish it was blow too but even that is NSFW. But she is Bey so she can take it at this point.

royalan

Girl sit

The song builds so flawlessly and only gets better once those drums come in at the second verse. My loinSSS

EDIT: And Blow falls apart the moment Timbaland's shit-stain turd of a voice starts bellowing "Turn my cherry out!" GROSS

I dunno...something about how it's mixed bothers me. It sounds really flat in my earphones.

Anyway, it'll surely flop as a single.

Majmun

Partition can't really be called flat.

The second half of the song has this heavy and dark beat. It's amazing. And the bridge breakdown during the French talk SLAYS so hard

"Flat" ?

ib0FNrydpMmp2l.gif

I mean I get that Christina fans are tone deaf but I didn't know it was that bad?

I kid I kid

royalan

According to Nostroydamus himself

Partition to become Beyoncé's biggest hit to date basically CONFIRMED

I rebuke those receipts.

Who could have possibly known Beyonce would pull a Houdini with ha alberm?

Had she stuck to a tradition album release strategy, I still don't think she'd have moved more than 200k. I will give her credit, though. I think Beyonce knew that. I think she knew her relevancy was dwindling and her ability to shift records on the strength of her brand alone was questionable, and she HAD to shake it up somehow if she wanted impressive sales. Very few of the girls seem to realize that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Katy B Looks STUNNING on the red carpet

Yado

I rebuke those receipts.

Had she stuck to a tradition album release strategy, I still don't think she'd have moved more than 200k. I will give her credit, though. I think Beyonce knew that. I think she knew her relevancy was dwindling and her ability to shift records on the strength of her brand alone was questionable, and she HAD to shake it up somehow if she wanted impressive sales. Very few of the girls seem to realize that.

Didn't BEYONCÉ sell on the strength of her brand alone?

royalan

Didn't BEYONCÉ sell on the strength of her brand alone?

Not at all.

BEYONCÉ sold because Beyonce basically pulled a blitzkrieg on the entire industry with a sneak attack album. Not the first to do it, but definitely the first artist of her caliber in Pop music. It was an attention-grabbing ploy the likes of which hadn't been seen in Pop, and to her credit it worked.

But lets not pretend like we don't ALL know at least one person who bought that album despite not really caring much for Beyonce otherwise. Hell, I bought the album. What does that tell you?

Mumei

royalancé;101476073 said:
Not at all.

BEYONCÉ sold because Beyonce basically pulled a blitzkrieg on the entire industry with a sneak attack album. Not the first to do it, but definitely the first artist of her caliber in Pop music. It was an attention-grabbing ploy the likes of which hadn't been seen in Pop, and to her credit it worked.

But lets not pretend like we don't ALL know at least one person who bought that album despite not really caring much for Beyonce otherwise. Hell, I bought the album. What does that tell you?

That you're the secret Beyoncé stan I always say you are.

Majmun

I rebuke those receipts.

Okaaay, she did manage to sell 650k in 3 days. The surprise launch could be a reason.

But how did she manage to sell the other 2,3million after the hype went down? Or were people surprised for two months long?

Yado

Not at all.

Didn't this attention grabbing tactic work because of the strength of her brand? Do you think a burgeoning feature artist like Christina Aguilera would have had the same results?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Didn't this attention grabbing tactic work because of the strength of her brand? Do you think a burgeoning feature artist like Christina Aguilera would have had the same results?

well, despite all evidence to the contrary (such as the fact that her sales figures have consistently dropped album on album), xtina's career goes only from strength to strength. so i think it's pretty reasonable to assume that if xtina did the same thing she would get at least six to seven million sales in her first three days. the gp are just here for her in a way that they aren't for beyonce.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ellie goulding has two dresses for the red carpet, I missed the first but the second is absolutely beautiful.

Also Beyonce requested red toilet paper.

royalan

I understand that it seems like a contradiction, but I still don't think I'm wrong here.

To pull something like this off, you have to be an artist of a certain caliber and visibility. But that doesn't mean I think that Beyonce could have pulled off these sales had she released the album in a traditional way.

Basically, I think all the work Beyonce did in the year leading up to the album release set the stage for a surprise album release to have maximum impact. Beyonce was everywhere, and everyone knew an album WAS coming, but not when, and most had given up on the idea of Beyonce releasing the album 2013. It was the ultimate surprise.

Roy isn't lying about partition. I lose interest after the first chorus, and becomes completely pointless after second.

I always fast forward to about 3m30s or so because to me it only starts to punch then. And the moment the french girl starts talking the song's already over again.

Matt_

Perra singing so bad that my housemates didn't even recognise dark horse :negativeman

Touchdown

Banned
So it looks like You're Mine (Eternal) quietly made it to 88 on the Hot 100. I know Nicki's nigga song was released the same day. Did it chart as well?

jbeKxQb5HIjFgD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom