• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
how naughty of them

i1su3oe2BpO8F.gif

wouldn't be surprised if it was you

ibydoInP4vrOL5.gif

Mau ®

I'm not used to hearing Partition without the Yoncé part. It doesn't even feature the "DROPP!!" part in the beggining :/

I could get used to it tho.

Yoshiya

I need to get you out of your cave, man
I'm gonna let you out of your cage and set you free
If tonight's the night
I'm gonna show you I ain't got no game plan

Primitive love for me

iYy9AVdhaoCmC.gif

yaaassss stan the queen-in-exile rosin

partition better slay

White_people_dancing.gif

wow, beyonce's performance at the brit awards are everything that gaga is NOT. she was strong yet emotional in ways that no other performer can do these days. it was CLEAR and COHESIVE, something we can't say for gaga's disjointed and misguided artpop performance.

im so glad she decided to sing XO too. she needs to make that song smash. its an underrated gem, much like nintendo's latest avant-garde videogame experience, steel diver: subwars (now available exclusively on nintendo 3ds family systems). XO is still probably in my top 5 on BEYONCÉ. it's so fresh and youthful and the best video on the album.

jw2gnhiFeB4h2.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I remember Mumei deleting Bey ass images that are less provocative than that. Wouldnt surprise me if that gif is gone when I wake up.

Partition

Banned
Jimmy Fallon's second 'Tonight Show' draws largest Tuesday audience since 2000
In “fast official” results from Nielsen, night two of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” averaged a 2.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.37 million viewers overall in its special midnight-1 a.m. timeslot.

The 7.37 million, a decline of about 35% from Night 1, is about 85% more than the average Tuesday audience this season for “Tonight” (4.01 million) and the largest on a Tuesday for the program since December 2000.

“Tonight” bested the combined tune-in of “CBS’ Late Show With David Letterman” (2.69 million) and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (2.15 million). Similarly, its 2.3 demo rating was more than double the combined results of “Late Show” (0.6) and “Kimmel” (0.5).

And that Katy B stain tried to get you to believe Gaga caused a decline
poordat.gif

All that's relevant from that article is the decline from the previous night. That it was bigger than any other Tuesday night on the tonight show since 2000 (well into Leno's run as host) doesn't strike me as an accomplishment when you consider that this show is new and that the first episode was probably the biggest Monday since whenever.

Nemesis_

It's dumb to assume it's a decline because of Gaga. She performed in the last fifteen minutes. People like to draw illusory correlations just to support their own points.

There's no way to prove or disprove that Gaga's presence on the show caused a decline in viewership. So people should stop attirbuting it solely to her.

I'm not denying Gaga isn't as much of a drawcard as she used to be (I think you'd have to be delusional to think so) but this specific example seems like a dumb thing Madonna stans are drumming up to keep insisting she's "over".

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hew is partition though

wow, beyonce's performance at the brit awards are everything that gaga is NOT. she was strong yet emotional in ways that no other performer can do these days. it was CLEAR and COHESIVE, something we can't say for gaga's disjointed and misguided artpop performance.

im so glad she decided to sing XO too. she needs to make that song smash. its an underrated gem, much like nintendo's latest avant-garde videogame experience, steel diver: subwars (now available exclusively on nintendo 3ds family systems). XO is still probably in my top 5 on BEYONCÉ. it's so fresh and youthful and the best video on the album.

end me NOW SKEDFLJ S;ADFJK

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm not denying Gaga isn't as much of a drawcard as she used to be (I think you'd have to be delusional to think so) but this specific example seems like a dumb thing Madonna stans are drumming up to keep insisting she's "over".

Why do Gaga's and Madonna's fanbases have to hate eachother :( They are my two faves <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New Saturdays track is fire as per.
I was watching this yesterday and I was reminded why the Spice Girls were always the supreme queens of girl bands, what lovely harmonies

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Hew's the one in the middle tho?

ibydoInP4vrOL5.gif
You haven't watched Six Feet Under? Amazing HBO show from like...2001-2005 with the best series finale ever. The final seven minutes. Fuck. I dare anyone to try and tell me another series has topped that finale.

Get on that. It's five 12-13 episode seasons with some amazing acting in it.

Mau ®

I watched the entire Six Feet Under series in a month.

One of the best series I've ever watched. And yes, DAT FINALE!

I was emotionally drained for a few weeks after that

in the manner of the good sis soulscribe i can offer an explanation

you see, this is entirely deliberate on behalf of britney, and is intended to demonstrate the core artificiality of pop music and the ephemeral, fleeting nature of success.

Lmao

Britney doesn't deserve my justifications though.

Majmun

Bey is SLAYING. Y'all can keep on seething about the receipts.

First haters were complaining about tour receipts, and now this.

SEETTTTTTTTTTHEEEEEE

Bey is SLAYING. Y'all can keep on seething about the receipts.

First haters were complaining about tour receipts, and now this.

SEETTTTTTTTTTHEEEEEE

Don't pay it no mind, diva. People are eternally ironed and steampressed that Beyonce is the only contemporary pop star in the world who could go decades without a radio hit and still be considered in an all-time league of legends. Inferior artists spend every waking hour desperately slapping their name on one radio hit after another but still can't muster a fraction of her cash flow, nor can they build a comparable brand name in the 5 year radio hiatus King Bey took in order to give some frumps a chance to catch up. Can anyone else take 5 years off from pumping out smash hits and still come back just as popular, just as fierce, and more loved and respected than ever before? The short answer is no; the long answer is hell no.

Beyonce's just too perfect for people to handle. They don't know what that's like.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Hive posting radio receipts for weeks on end? Curious.

!

Mess at them calling it seething when the receipts prove that they said the same thing about other artists. Oh well, let them enjoy their hit. It's been almost a decade, she deserves some moderate praise for finally doing what Rih and Katy do every year... Actually she hasn't cause her hit hasn't gone #1.

Poor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom