• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Yes. It is my life's work.

075ee6d1.gif

I bet it will be flawless.

royalan

Mau ®;101993648 said:
The Lord and TayLORD hanging out.

Ya'll know she's using Lorde, ha songwriting skillz for ha next album. And I am here for it

Taylor is clearly planning to rob Lorde of ha innocence. I'm getting total "Cruel Intentions" vibes from those two.

tumblr_m3rsm4hvwX1qb4chfo1_500.gif

tumblr_liado8yRZy1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Touchdown

Banned
She'll ask for ha help on her songs but then she won't like it so she'll then force Lorde to sleep with all her previous lovers for her to better understand her line of thinking, forcing Lorde to never release another song or going into the limelight again because of the massive trauma both physically and mentally. Taylor will remain unbothered.
8be5ead6.gif

Mau ®

DMJ sis!!!

Drake is in Paris with Rih.

Aubrih is coming!!!
52b0f867.gif

EDIT: Kuk Harell (Diamonds, Only Girl, What's my name) is with them. it's happening!!!

cory64

Mau ®;101998934 said:
DMJ sis!!!

Aubrih is coming!!!
52b0f867.gif

EDIT: Kuk Harell (Diamonds, Only Girl, What's my name) is with them. it's happening!!!
yaaaaaaaas

here for this so damn much

Bladenic

"I'm still working on the album"

I wonder if Mariah is prepping the excuses to delay her album once again. Is the new single flopping that bad?

Edit: did she have a nose job? Something on her face seems off.

Oh Jesus. I think it's plainly obvious that the GP just aren't here for her anymore at all. Just release the album and let it flop graciously. If the music is good at least the fans will like it, though considering most of the tracks released so far, I won't hold my breath for quality either (but there will be some bops like Beautiful at least).

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;101998934 said:
DMJ sis!!!

Aubrih is coming!!!
52b0f867.gif

OMG

THIS REALLY IS THE LOUD ERA ALL OVER
075ee6d1.gif

OMG SHE IS COMING TO SLAY

Touchdown

Banned
"I'm still working on the album"

I wonder if Mariah is prepping the excuses to delay her album once again. Is the new single flopping that bad?

Edit: did she have a nose job? Something on her face seems off.

Don't get me wrong, she's a beautiful woman and looks several years younger than her actual age, but she needs to realise she's not thin and hire a stylist with a spine. You know, someone to tell her the Miss Piggy look does not work for her -

The most interesting thing about MC videos is the struggle to make her look thin.

Funny title this album has considering how tortured its making has been.

Also, how long until Rhianna has more #1 hits than Mariah? Not that I think she should or deserves to, but the meltdown should be entertaining.

Wow, she makes Mariah look thin.

And in what universe were Mariah and Whitney "friends"?

iS2e6DmGeahNL.gif

"Obsessed" is a song by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey, taken from her twelfth studio album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (2009). It was written and produced by Carey, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and Terius "The-Dream" Nash, and was released as the album's lead single on June 16, 2009. The song draws musical influences from R&B and hip hop music, and is built around a thumping bass line. Additionally, the song is accentuated by hand claps, while Carey's voice is processed with auto-tune. Lyrically, the song describes the protagonist's dilemma regarding a stalker, and finds her asking him "Why are you so obsessed with me?" several times throughout the song. The line "Why are you so obsessed with me?" is a reference to the 2004 movie Mean Girls, which is one of Carey's favorite films.

tmarques

iS2e6DmGeahNL.gif

"Obsessed" is a song by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey, taken from her twelfth studio album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (2009). It was written and produced by Carey, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and Terius "The-Dream" Nash, and was released as the album's lead single on June 16, 2009. The song draws musical influences from R&B and hip hop music, and is built around a thumping bass line. Additionally, the song is accentuated by hand claps, while Carey's voice is processed with auto-tune. Lyrically, the song describes the protagonist's dilemma regarding a stalker, and finds her asking him "Why are you so obsessed with me?" several times throughout the song. The line "Why are you so obsessed with me?" is a reference to the 2004 movie Mean Girls, which is one of Carey's favorite films.

You do realise the irony in talking about obsession after going through my post history, right? And half a dozen very mild posts in what must have been at least two weeks is all you could come up with? I bet you post more about any given pop tart on a single day, but I can't be bothered to check.

That said, if I talk about Mariah (as I would about Janet if she still seemed interested in having a career in music) it's because she was around when I did what you guys do today. And believe it or not I own a couple of her albums. I posted something much harsher than any of this about Madonna not long ago (which you must have seen while combing through my posts but ignored because it didn't fit into your MC obsession narrative) and if I were around when MDNA was released you bet I'd have had some choice words about that POS. Right now, MC is the one old-school pop star with an album about to come out, so excuse me for posting about her every few days. I hope you'll be able to manage.

Now, I'd love to talk sh*t about the new girls like everyone else on this thread does, but then I'd have to learn what a Lana is and I'm just too old for that. So forgive me for doing what everyone else on these threads does, except you don't like it because it's about your favourite (BTW, the waist on that avatar of yours could illustrate the word delusion on any dictionary).

You do realise the irony in talking about obsession after going through my post history, right? And half a dozen very mild posts in what must have been at least two weeks is all you could come up with? I bet you post more about any given pop tart on a single day, but I can't be bothered to check.

That said, if I talk about Mariah (as I would about Janet if she still seemed interested in having a career in music) it's because she was around when I did what you guys do today. And believe it or not I own a couple of her albums. I posted something much harsher than any of this about Madonna not long ago (which you must have seen while combing through my posts but ignored because it didn't fit into your MC obsession narrative) and if I were around when MDNA was released you bet I'd have had some choice words about that POS. Right now, MC is the one old-school pop star with an album about to come out, so excuse me for posting about her every few days. I hope you'll be able to manage.

Now, I'd love to talk sh*t about the new girls like everyone else on this thread does, but then I'd have to learn what a Lana is and I'm just too old for that. So forgive me for doing what everyone else on these threads does, except you don't like it because it's about your favourite (BTW, the waist on that avatar of yours could illustrate the word delusion on any dictionary).
Yes, I can relate so much to the stan disappointment.

Mariah's a total mess, and I guess she's more than earned the right to be. But hopefully the new album's good enough to justify these past two years of flop-flavored drip-drip.

She needs a fresh perspective, though - I think Dupri's really held her back. No use always trying to recreate her past hits.

royalan

Mariah's a total mess, and I guess she's more than earned the right to be. But hopefully the new album's good enough to justify these past two years of flop-flavored drip-drip.

She needs a fresh perspective, though - I think Dupri's really held her back. No use always trying to recreate her past hits.

I used to think her working with Jermaine again for this album was a good thing, but now I agree with this.

The Emancipation of MiMi came about because Mariah realized (with Jermaine's help) that it was time to stop competing with the new divas on the scene and ask herself what Mariah Carey needed to be at that point in her career in order to matter. And the result of that was a more mature, more adult focused album that was refreshing compared to what other girls were putting out at the time and her own previous work.

It's time for Mariah to ask herself that question again. And the answer this time can't be another Emancipation.

tmarques

Aborting the album release after Beautiful was absolutely idiotic. A top 20 hit is huge for anyone, and especially for a 40-year-old in today's market. She somehow convinced herself that because she holds the record for most #1 singles she was entitled to another one.

Aborting the album release after Beautiful was absolutely idiotic. A top 20 hit is huge for anyone, and especially for a 40-year-old in today's market. She somehow convinced herself that because she holds the record for most #1 singles she was entitled to another one.
Three possibilities:

1) Those three songs she added were truly monumentally important enough to record,

2) She didn't want to do album promo with an injured arm.

3) She's obsessed with being #1, feels she has something to prove, and will delay the album until she can ensure snatching her first #1 single this decade (would a non-posthumous #1 across three decades be a record?)

I'm inching toward #3 based on how she talks about her own career. Why, after 25 years in the business, is she still so salty about not being seen as a singer-songwriter?

Because she's insecure, and should stop being insecure because you lose friends that way.

tmarques

Three possibilities:

1) Those three songs she added were truly monumentally important enough to record,

2) She didn't want to do album promo with an injured arm.

3) She's obsessed with being #1, feels she has something to prove, and will delay the album until she can ensure snatching her first #1 single this decade (would a non-posthumous #1 across three decades be a record?)

I'm inching toward #3 based on how she talks about her own career. Why, after 25 years in the business, is she still so salty about not being seen as a singer-songwriter?

Because she's insecure, and should stop being insecure because you lose friends that way.

The 2010s are not being kind to the older ladies. They are either trying too hard to prove they can compete with the 20-year-olds (Madonna, MC) or they went full "Screw you guys, I'm going home" (Janet). At least Cyndi Lauper seems to be enjoying herself doing what she wants, but then again she's had a couple of decades to come to grips with the fact that she'll never see a #1 again.

(I think Madonna's had #1s in 3 decades, unless I'm mistaken about Music being released in 2001)

Touchdown

Banned

So you secretly stan? Bless.

iby57wBnzkEYhn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom