• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

ihRxFFV.jpg

yodelling a lil bit

Vazduh

he's always seen super uninteresting as someone who listens to a fair amount of left-field dance and electronic stuff. convince me otherwise, because he's playing here this weekend and i dunno whether to go see him play (or dj or whatever).

he exists in a strange space where his music isn't permitted the immediate pleasure of pop but doesn't have the texture or even the aggression of more progressive electronic stuff either. it's just kind of dull really.

I agree with what you said in the second paragraph, it's spot on. I'm also on the fence when it comes to S O H N. He's definitely not bad, he's good, but I feel like he's a better producer than a songwriter. Btw, he produced these two bops:

Erik Hassle - Pathetic
Banks - Waiting Game

he's always seen super uninteresting as someone who listens to a fair amount of left-field dance and electronic stuff. convince me otherwise, because he's playing here this weekend and i dunno whether to go see him play (or dj or whatever).

he exists in a strange space where his music isn't permitted the immediate pleasure of pop but doesn't have the texture or even the aggression of more progressive electronic stuff either. it's just kind of dull really.

Your right. I feel like it's really hard to recommend him to others because nothing in his music is really mind bending or ultra amazing that's a must have, but I also feel his talents are elsewhere.

For example, I think his productions are top notch. He doesn't allow his music to overpower him because he has a very soft voice. It's very mellow and quiet, kind of ambient in a sense, which I like. His songwriting is good mostly very deep.

Then when it comes to his vocals, that's what pulls me in. He isn't a vocalist but he allows his vocals to spread on tracks. For the type of music he makes, I find it to be very sensual.

That Soundboardt thing does a really good job in displaying how jam packed this album is with moments. I don't think I've ever heard an album that has so many memorable bits in each song.

Yoshiya

isn't this killing the DiL era prematurely though? it's a good choice but still, that'd have some legs left in it. it's still getting some of the best radio updates and album sales are good.

considering selling my body to buy drake tickets for next monday imagine if rih was there

royalan

Xtina is the Queen of Dirrty

This is nothing new, y'all.

Mau ®;102134861 said:
Rihanna at Drake's Paris concert.

She's getting that D.

I love this haircut on her.

She looks like a young Tyra Banks.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Katy Besus, her album Little Jesus is my AOTY so far.

slayty20brkuhj.gif

Some of the best songs are on the deluxe version.

Hot Like Fire + Wicked Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and BLESS HA for including that continuous remix.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Welp

Your faves are done

Rihanna and Drake and ha producer all in paris together.

I just wonder how long it will be #1 for, and if it will be the lead single.

So Shakira's new single was just released.

xcu5FY3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUrKOePLvs

what kind of Alanis meets Coldplay realness. It won't do anything on the charts but I think it's good.

also the tracklist for her álbum

‘Dare (La La La)’
‘Can’t Remember to Forget You’ (feat. Rihanna)
‘Empire’
‘You Don’t Care About Me’
‘Cut Me Deep’
‘Spotlight’
‘Broken Record’
‘Medicine’ (feat. Blake Shelton)
’23′
‘The One Thing’
‘Nunca me acuerdo de olvidarte’
‘Loca por ti’
‘La La La’

Target Edition
‘Chasing Shadows’
‘The Way’
‘Mad About You’

Oh shoot...

Originally I was going to post how I can't do Shakira in a song that sound like it was meant for Avril but it kind of slays now. Wow, I went from kind of liking it to definitely liking it. Ok, Slay Shakira!

mYSn0Mh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom