• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Someone's a little bothered this morning

Ties lost her favorite panties
tumblr_mcufh4j4fX1qdeyku.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
LMAOOOOOOO at all these Sheena GIFS. Reminds me, gotta get Tales of Symphonia HD on Tuesday.........

Majmun

9. BEYONCÉ – Drunk In Love f/Jay Z: 120.711 (+ 2.014)

BEYONCE – Partition: 15.365 (+ 0.737)

SLAYING radio right now :bow

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The new Miguel track, Simplethings (with no space, how edgy) for the Girls sound track is very very nice

Mumei

Mariah's new album comes out May 6th and her latest song "Your Mine" (Eternal) continues to grow on the radio and you all will deal.

i9U9dTWfpZ81W.gif

MARIAH CAREY – You’re Mine (Eternal): 5.674 (+ 0.186)

Hmm

Three possibilities:

1) Those three songs she added were truly monumentally important enough to record,

2) She didn't want to do album promo with an injured arm.

3) She's obsessed with being #1, feels she has something to prove, and will delay the album until she can ensure snatching her first #1 single this decade (would a non-posthumous #1 across three decades be a record?)

I'm inching toward #3 based on how she talks about her own career. Why, after 25 years in the business, is she still so salty about not being seen as a singer-songwriter?

Because she's insecure, and should stop being insecure because you lose friends that way.

Hmm

It's Door #3. And it's not going to happen because the general public and radio is basically over her, and she's not really doing much to change their minds.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i got your name
hanging from a chain
don't you wanna claim my body like a vandal?
you got the cure
underneath your shirt
don't you wanna save this dirty little damsel?

ibo1XuMNO88EA4.gif

this rough nasty sex anthem tbh

It's Door #3. And it's not going to happen because the general public and radio is basically over her, and she's not really doing much to change their minds.
Agreed.

It's a shame, though, because Billboard's emphasis on streaming and digital sales over strictly radio airplay should give her a boost. Mariah's demographic actually buys albums, so if she releases during a quiet week, and she does her due diligence with Good Morning America et al., and the music is actually good, she should be #1 anyway.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Come meet me in the sky I'll be waiting for you
And we can't hear what they say
Up in my air balloon, air balloon, air balloon
Sing, sing along, along any song you want to
Now we're so high, it can't rain
Up in my air balloon, air balloon, air balloon

Sheezus will slay

Mumei

Agreed.

It's a shame, though, because Billboard's emphasis on streaming and digital sales over strictly radio airplay should give her a boost. Mariah's demographic actually buys albums, so if she releases during a quiet week, and she does her due diligence with Good Morning America et al., and the music is actually good, she should be #1 anyway.

Ehh

I could see her getting a #1 with the album, sure. She would just need to release at the right time and timely promotional work. But I don't see any way for her to get a #1 - or even Top 10 - single, and I think that's what all this stalling has been about.

It is supposed to be going for adds today, right? If it doesn't start moving, and moving fast, it's done.

Ehh

I could see her getting a #1 with the album, sure. She would just need to release at the right time and timely promotional work. But I don't see any way for her to get a #1 - or even Top 10 - single, and I think that's what all this stalling has been about.

It is supposed to be going for adds today, right? If it doesn't start moving, and moving fast, it's done.
Yep, You're Mine and Partition are both going for Crossover adds today.

Maybe she'll scrap the whole album and release the Jazz/Gospel EP she knows we all want :p

Mumei

Yep, You're Mine and Partition are both going for Crossover adds today.

Maybe she'll scrap the whole album and release the Jazz/Gospel EP she knows we all want :p

A live Jazz/Gospel EP with her ramblings edited out... or at least down.

plz and thx

Vazduh

He sells the seashells, you say no

AzvRE8l.gif

Everybody everybody everybody let go

0z6aoR7.gif

I know it's repetitive, but I can't stop replaying it.

This thread made me think of what some of PopGAF looked like
obviously 10's <3

ib1M2kp4BHzv3q.gif

Judging by some of avis guys have had recently, I'd have to agree, there are quite a few of
10s
here! :)

Vazra

A duck with a cig and a chocobo fetus gonna call some 10? I can't.
genisani2.gif

Edit: you mean I'm hot? Oh carry on.
genisani3.gif

SaintZ

Screaming at the Symphonia promo. I get my copy tomorrow :duca:
alongside with Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni and Tales of the Abyss RIP life

VEVO_Media @VEVO_Media

.@justinbieber's "Baby" music video has reached 1 BILLION views on @vevo, our most watched clip ever http://vevo.ly/hW8OXO #BabyBillionVEVO
Ok.

I hope Florence + The Machine releases a new album this year. I miss her.

Screaming at the Symphonia promo. I get my copy tomorrow :duca:
alongside with Bravely Default, Ni no Kuni and Tales of the Abyss RIP life
NNK, eh? Yes! I hope you enjoy it sis!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Janet could definitely still come back. She's the same age as Confessions era Madonna.
Oh, she definitely could. And I think she will. She's just taking her sweet time, and I'm impatient. Haha.

I'm very curious to see what she does.

Vazra

No free run, fucked up battle camera, shamefully hideous world map, unvoiced skits, etc

Why re release the game if you aren't going to fix that shit?

105081550.gif

Battle Camera is the Ps2 version which is better than the GC version, Free Run would break the game. World Map and unvoiced Skits cant comprehend why they didnt fixed it (Afterall they did get the old cast to read some new lines)

Yoshiya

But SOHN's album tho..

he's always seen super uninteresting as someone who listens to a fair amount of left-field dance and electronic stuff. convince me otherwise, because he's playing here this weekend and i dunno whether to go see him play (or dj or whatever).

he exists in a strange space where his music isn't permitted the immediate pleasure of pop but doesn't have the texture or even the aggression of more progressive electronic stuff either. it's just kind of dull really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom