• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

man, reading about Gaga's performance is just sad. I hope she fixes her shit before she drops her next single. what's even sadder is people confusing her drug habits for attention seeking.

The vomit on the other hand kinda lost it's mark.

Partition

Banned
man, reading about Gaga's performance is just sad. I hope she fixes her shit before she drops her next single. what's even sadder is people confusing her drug habits for attention seeking.

What are you reading? Most of the press is positive so far.

You know I was going to go in and say that you were overreacting but then I realised you must have such a penchant for recognizing a dead career that I think you might be right

This still doesn't explain his hard-on for Beyoncé. Hm.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's clearly not going to end her career (although it probably won't give her the publicity boost she was hoping for) but I do think it's increasingly obvious that the well runneth dry. The 'conceptual' bit of ARTPOP has been all over the place, hasn't it? There's no coherence or theme that she's pushed for more than 15 minutes at a time. Now she's dropped 'old paintings and stuff with pop music' in favour of 'vomit, trash and mechanical bulls' (again?).

Soulsis please advise.

Nemesis_

It's clearly not going to end her career (although it probably won't give her the publicity boost she was hoping for) but I do think it's increasingly obvious that the well runneth dry. The 'conceptual' bit of ARTPOP has been all over the place, hasn't it? There's no coherence or theme that she's pushed for more than 15 minutes at a time. Now she's dropped 'old paintings and stuff with pop music' in favour of 'vomit, trash and mechanical bulls' (again?).

Soulsis please advise.

I don't think this performance is meant to indicate what's to come in the future. As you say, she jumps from image to image and this one was picked because it's more or less indicative of a long ass music festival - grungy and dirty as fuck.

I would honestly be surprised if any elements from this set made it into future performances tbh

Her drug habits are part of her thirst for attention. She desperately wants to be seen as some tortured artist, that she pushes a drug reliance narrative without anyone asking. It was an angle no one even acknowledged. Because having a drink and smoking a joint now and then don't make you no druggie. The struggle is not real.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm not really here for the art side of ARTPOP really. Everything has seemed like an erratic mess and just detracts from what would be good performances if she didn't put all this werid stuff in. The itunes festival was so good and the difference in quality it massive.

Beyoncé in 5 minutes. Very nice

Vitanimus

Her drug habits are part of her thirst for attention. She desperately wants to be seen as some tortured artist, that she pushes a drug reliance narrative without anyone asking. It was an angle no one even acknowledged. Because having a drink and smoking a joint now and then don't make you no druggie. The struggle is not real.

Eh, I'm inclined to agree really. Her drug habits are sad, and her desperation is even sadder. Sigh, I miss TFM Gaga.
jbloXlqWhpTZyj.png

Bladenic

Today's the day for Lana tickets, I'm nervous. Hope I get tickets, completely forgot about getting them on Thursday during presale.

I didn't get a chance to see the entire performance (and was watching it in the club so I couldn't really hear anything)... seems like she was just giving an Austin-y grunge style performance. She's done it before... not sure why everyone's going off the deep end in here, lol

If we wanna cycle through another session of "OMG SHE'S OVER BUT REALLY THOUGH THIS TIME I'M RIGHT" for the umpteenth time then be my guest, it's just gotten predictable a bit in here.

I will say that she seems like she was really BAKED as hell this week... I hope she isn't becoming a severe addict again because she should be smarter than that. She keeps cylcing in and out of her mind and I have no idea where she is in her life right now. She said she was depressed DURING Born This Way, AFTER Born This Way, then DURING ARTPOP. She said she was happy after New Years but here she is looking loopy and frantic. Like someone already said, I think she enjoys being a "tortured" artist and thinks that's the only way she can be creative, even though it doesn't take a non-fan to realize that the ARTPOP era is by far her least creative output. No succinct style, not really that editorial, kind of sloppy... thank God the music's great coz everything that came with it was mostly half-full. If anything I do kind of like that she's been attending the festival and dressing/acting like she did back when she used to attend festivals in the past. Perhaps the performance was an homage to her gritty pot-smoking grunge days.

And the vomit act was pure Rock n Roll. Prissies to the left.

Gaga used to be able to provide shock value and be coherent. She was all over the place in terms of her vocals and her stage presence was way, way off. They were shit performances, and the excuses are giving me Britney stan teas.

jbloXlqWhpTZyj.png

Bladenic

I still think I'm gonna go see the ArtRave if I can find someone to go with tbh.

Although I'm gonna be cheap and get the cheapest tickets which will probably suck. :biblio: altho if I don't get Lana tickets I guess I can splurge and get the good ones

Gaga used to be able to provide shock value and be coherent. She was all over the place in terms of her vocals and her stage presence was way, way off. They were shit performances, and the excuses are giving me Britney stan teas.

jbloXlqWhpTZyj.png

... But who's to say she won't do a coherent, avant-garde performance next week? Can't she do both when she wants to? She'd switch from crowd surfing at Lollapalooza to performing for the Queen of England in one week; I'm sure she can provide the kind of performance you'd prefer at some point in the future.

Nemesis_

... But who's to say she won't do a coherent, avant-garde performance next week? Can't she do both when she wants to? She'd switch from crowd surfing at Lollapalooza to performing for the Queen of England in one week; I'm sure she can provide the kind of performance you'd prefer at some point in the future.

That thing changes it's name every few weeks I don't know what it prefers

EDIT: Okay now that we've discussed how Gaga is over for the eighth time in the past six months let's listen to SIA'S NEW SONG.

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/sia-chandelier-exclusive-clip-blimey/125370/

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I can't stop listening to Lea Michele's new CD. Some of these songs are really fucking solid.

Although I'm so used to hearing her sing covers that I keep wanting to listen the "real" versions that don't exist.

Well, I certainly hope she does. I will be percheD to see.

That thing changes it's name every few weeks I don't know what it prefers

The fumes.

ihRQMIQtFXLg6.gif

Bladenic

OMG I'm freaking out cuz the event I want to buy Lana tickets for still shows that tickets are supposed to go on sale at 12 PM and they are not yet available. Yet I've looked at some other events and they are already selling tickets. I don't know what's going on but I'm worried.

royalan

You know I was going to go in and say that you were overreacting but then I realised you must have such a penchant for recognizing a dead career that I think you might be right

Sis, are you mad that your fave wouldn't even be able to book a seat on a reality singing competition in the US after this, much less maintain her relevance after this?

She can't finish a tour.

She can't sell tickets.

And now she's just grossed everyone out.

Honey, if my fave's done....yours is doner

Who else is watching the Gaga music keynote?

This guy is really buzzkilling the auditorium right now...

"Welcome to uh, to, *sniff*, welcome to the, southbysouthwest.."

I can't even attempt to buy them. Ugh I hate life

Hopefully you manage to get it to work. I am so pissed because Stubhub is selling about 1000 tickets that they manged to get from Ticketmaster for double the price. The venue only holds about 3000 people so that's almost half of the tickets. You also need to show your credit card at the venue door to prove you bought them which means you can't use Stubhub's tickets lol.

Bladenic

Hopefully you manage to get it to work. I am so pissed because Stubhub is selling about 1000 tickets that they manged to get from Ticketmaster for double the price. The venue only holds about 3000 people so that's almost half of the tickets. You also need to show your credit card at the venue door to prove you bought them which means you can't use Stubhub's tickets lol.

WTF that's some bullshit. Cunts.

Nemesis_

Getting tickets in Australia seems so much easier here, there's rarely a RUSH to get anything and the hews especially are bigger hews.

I'm still pressed I missed Lana while she was here promoting Paradise though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom