• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I love how the meaning behind ARTPOP changes every time she pushes a single that flops...

And EW EW EW she still has vomit in her hair!

EDIT: she's so full of shit. Gaga, nobody's stopping you from making the music you want to make. YOU'RE the one obsessed with the charts, and YOU'RE the one who want to be a pop star.

She says the video is a new direction for her.

She didn't specify the song though, so I'm thinking it'll be a medley video.

She's giving me high-voice right now though, very Fame era. lol

Nemesis_

Gaga punching all her haters right now with this speech. I live.

I agree but this whole fucking cycle of SHES OVER is getting so tiresome and she's not even saying anything that we don't already know but people still like to blurt it out without researching it regardless.

She is really right about clicks and it's very obvious why people do it because it works so well - look at people posting that shit into the off-topic side of this forum and it taking off without any prior research.

It really is ridiculous.

royalan

I understand what you're trying to say but why would corporations fund her shows if she wasn't relevant? Why would people show up?

But less people are showing up.

Which means corporations are going to be less likely to fund her shows.

I mean, we SEE this now. She's much less visible as a market commodity now than she was up until the end of Born This Way. She's becoming toxic. And sure, she'll say this is exactly what she wants. Only problem is she's lying.

She is really right about clicks and it's very obvious why people do it because it works so well - look at people posting that shit into the off-topic side of this forum and it taking off without any prior research.

Oh sis, cut this whining BS. You, as well as pretty much everyone in here, have been the FIRST to read Christina over any little shred of a thing without any prior research. And if #Fighters can soldier on, you're going to do the same while your fave commits actual career suicide.

I agree but this whole fucking cycle of SHES OVER is getting so tiresome and she's not even saying anything that we don't already know but people still like to blurt it out without researching it regardless.

It really is ridiculous.

The way people enjoy shitting on her is actually pretty unprecedented. People typically berate celebrities who are hollow or vain or dumb (or those who give off that aura), but with Gaga it seems to be something more spiteful. lol

royalan

The way people enjoy shitting on her is actually pretty unprecedented. People typically berate celebrities who are hollow or vain or dumb (or those who give off that aura), but with Gaga it seems to be something more spiteful. lol

Bull, and sis you know it.

As bad as Gaga's getting it now, she's STILL not getting it half as worse as Christina gets it in this thread.

I'm really starting to wonder why Gaga signed a contract with a major record label in the first place. It sounds like she wants to go indie or something.

Bull, and sis you know it.

As bad as Gaga's getting it now, she's STILL not getting it half as worse as Christina gets it in this thread.

I'm not talking about this thread, but in general. People sometimes take a militant stance against her. People don't really do that with Christina. With Gaga it seems like it's the combination of 1) blind ambition, 2) being a pop singer, 3) being attention-getting, and 4) not being pretty.

royalan

I'm really starting to wonder why Gaga signed a contract with a major record label in the first place. It sounds like she wants to go indie or something.

Exactly. Because she's full of shit. She doesn't want to go indie. She doesn't want that life. She wants to be a big pop star who's on every billboard and who puts on mega-tours sponsored by major corporations, and she wants to be on the covers of all the magazines.

EDIT: Not her dissing Twitter while simultaneously being one of the biggest Twitter whores.

Nemesis_

I cannot at her actually having three screws in her hip but doing what she was doing last night. The health professional in me weeps ;_;

I read on Pitchfork once that apparently major labels are actually better for indie artists than independent labels. Major labels simply have more money to spend on their artists for studio time, music videos, etc., which can make or break an emerging artist's career.

Nemesis_

I read on Pitchfork once that apparently major labels are actually better for indie artists than independent labels. Major labels simply have more money to spend on their artists for studio time, music videos, etc., which can make or break an emerging artist's career.

umm isn't this logic

royalan

But people were asking why Gaga would want to be on a major label. How else could she be the artist she wants to be without one?

...the same way all those other indie artists are who they want to be without a major label?

EDIT: "I would never abandon my core values for this industry."

*Makes song with R-Kelly

But people were asking why Gaga would want to be on a major label. How else could she be the artist she wants to be without one?
It's because she's rebelling now. If the record label is good to her, then why is she even saying all this stuff now? It makes no sense to me. I just think this keynote wouldn't have happened if ARTPOP sold like her previous records did.

Also, not her talking about the Roar and Applause thing like she didn't take part in it on Twitter. Smh.

I love Gaga, but lately she is just... idk. I don't get her.

royalan

Girl, how would an indie label fund videos like Telephone and Paparazzi. Gaga wants to be head bitch. No way she is doing that on a tiny label.

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? If she wants that type of backing, she can't then turn around and bitch when certain things are expected of her. Major labels and corporations aren't just going to give you money. And it doesn't take getting chewed up by the music industry to know that -- it's a fucking obvious fact of life.

If she wants to go indie, go right ahead. Go back to being a club artist. Make the music you want to make and just put it out in the world, no expectation. Have shows in local bars and art houses where you get puked on and skewered and whatever you want, plenty of artists do that now. But she doesn't want that. She WANTS the very thing she's complaining about right now. She's being the very image of the spoiled, petulant child who doesn't realize their privilege enough to appreciate it. Like the rich kid tweeting about how hard life is from their gold-encrusted iPhone 5S.

Bladenic

Tickets finally go on fucking sale and OFC I can't get any. FUCK THIS SHIT, how is it legal for Stubhub to buy a ton of tickets and then sell them back at like 3x the price?

I wanted to see Lana so badly :(

Yado

I love how the meaning behind ARTPOP changes every time she pushes a single that flops...

And EW EW EW she still has vomit in her hair!

EDIT: she's so full of shit. Gaga, nobody's stopping you from making the music you want to make. YOU'RE the one obsessed with the charts, and YOU'RE the one who want to be a pop star.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
tumblr_n2f6t0xCup1qejgz3o3_250.gif

Nemesis_

Tickets finally go on fucking sale and OFC I can't get any. FUCK THIS SHIT, how is it legal for Stubhub to buy a ton of tickets and then sell them back at like 3x the price?

I wanted to see Lana so badly :(

I thought a small percentage of tickets are commonly sold from the supplier direct to StubHub? >_> Or is that a tin hat conspiracy?

Anyway I think we missed it but there is a new snippet of Sia's "CHANDELIER"

and Will Orbit is putting out his own album and working with BIG NAME PEOPLE but I don't know who that would be since hasn't he burnt his bridges with Madonna?

EDIT:

She's also going to reveal the artRAVE stage this week and she says there is no Abramovic / Koons etc. on the stage.

And that the tour is about celebrating all the albums and not just the new ones

is she making this her swan song

royalan

I thought a small percentage of tickets are commonly sold from the supplier direct to StubHub? >_> Or is that a tin hat conspiracy?

Anyway I think we missed it but there is a new snippet of Sia's "CHANDELIER"

and Will Orbit is putting out his own album and working with BIG NAME PEOPLE but I don't know who that would be since hasn't he burnt his bridges with Madonna?

OMG that vocal.

YAAAASSSSS Sia. Give me your ARTPOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom