• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a stark contrast between this:

tumblr_lxa1n0zCMZ1qc4a6lo4_250.gif

And this:

iPXdARRKKEMXe.gif

One is well executed. The other isn't. Guess which is which.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Her speech will be uploaded online right?

Partition

Banned

And this:

iPXdARRKKEMXe.gif

But according to your clone, puke is puke. "It's disgusting regardless." Why does it matter?

The ironic thing about this gifs is that they are actually more similar than they are different.

Vitanimus

And this:

iPXdARRKKEMXe.gif

I think the different contexts of the two make it an unfair comparison, considering one is played during an interlude (I think?) and the other was at a festival, although this sounds rather baseless.

And this:

iPXdARRKKEMXe.gif

Lol they're both executed fine given their respective contexts. One's going for something more elegant and picturesque and the other is a fucking fraternal music festival. It's a stark contrast because it's supposed to be.

Like really, we're comparing the way she allowed someone to vomit on her? Who the fuck cares?

The difference is that she looks pretty in one and looks ugly in the other. It's unsurprising that we've all been conditioned to assume more value in something with a prettier presentation than something with an image that's harder to embrace.

royalan

you can say this about ANYTHING though

This is true.

But some things are more desperate than others.

Screaming "Fuck Pop Music" at your pop music concert while a girl pukes charcoal-colored vomit on you might come across as more than just a little desperate and pathetic to the average person.

Or, maybe the world will be made to understand Gaga's unbridled artistic brilliance thanks to this one noble act and Swine will go flying off the digital shelves. Every major corporation in the world will come to value Gaga's artistic contribution to the footprint of humanity and give her access to unlimited funds so that she may continue to enrich the very core of the collective human spirit with bile-coated ARTPOP from the center of the world's biggest stages.

We'll see. One of these things will happen.

This is true.

But some things are more desperate than others.

Screaming "Fuck Pop Music" at your pop music concert while a girl pukes charcoal-colored vomit on you might come across as more than just a little desperate and pathetic to the average person.

Or, maybe the world will be made to understand Gaga's unbridled artistic brilliance thanks to this one noble act and Swine will go flying off the digital shelves. Every major corporation in the world will come to value Gaga's artistic contribution to the footprint of humanity and give her access to unlimited funds so that she may continue to enrich the very core of the collective human spirit with bile-coated ARTPOP from the center of the world's biggest stages.

We'll see. One of these things will happen.

What a conveniently unfair black and white situation, lol

"conveniently unfair" describing pretty much 80% of POPGAF's Gaga criticisms lately. Sigh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To be entirely fair I do think that it pretty much perfectly captured the musical quality of Swine, as a performative act

Partition

Banned
To be entirely fair I do think that it pretty much perfectly captured the musical quality of Swine, as a performative act

The vomit was related to the rape meaning of the song, I just wish Swine was actually... good, or serious, so maybe the performance would of at least made more sense and not of seemed as barbaric.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I mean if I had to do a live performance of Swine, perhaps having someone vomit on me would make the long wait between the actual songwriting a bit more exciting

I'm just saying.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ugh, I can't with all these boring, repetitive photos Beyonce puts on her Tumblr.

I'm unfollowing her.

I think it's so funny how much she spams IG with her pics and Rih actually doesn't anymore... I remember the hive dragged Rih while on tour for posting so much on IG, and yet they don't drag their fave for the same.

I think it's so funny how much she spams IG with her pics and Rih actually doesn't anymore... I remember the hive dragged Rih while on tour for posting so much on IG, and yet they don't drag their fave for the same.

I mean DMJ, do you ever post anything that isn't pressed. My god, Bey just joined reality 2 years ago. Rihanna has been on Instagram and Twitter since practically their existence. Shoot, Rih has more content for all two websites she is on than Bey. Why would I drag Bey for finally having content. She gets dragged constantly for not coming sooner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom