• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say Something is trash, and the next song in a long line of boring, hollow ballads that are lauded because they aren't like the other 'basic' uptempo songs on radio. I mean, at least Wrecking Ball had great melodies.

Promoting a song gives you the right to a headline spot huh?

I don't see how how big her name is (which is the main thing the track has going for it) has anything to do with deserving a spot as a lead.

Your last sentence pretty much implies that she purchased the spot as well.

Well to be fair it is pretty much the only way she can get recognition these days without judging hews on nighttime television

Well to be fair it is pretty much the only way she can get recognition these days without judging hews on nighttime television

You are right.

I should have more sympathy since she doesn't seem capable of writing a hit song herself nowadays.

Hell. Even One Direction are getting hits off songs they wrote.

botty

Banned
Promoting a song gives you the right to a headline spot huh?

I don't see how how big her name is (which is the main thing the track has going for it) has anything to do with deserving a spot as a lead.

Your last sentence pretty much implies that she purchased the spot as well.

My point is: before Xtina attached herself to the song, with the permission of the group mind you, it had only sold like 60k total. Afterwards, we have a song selling past 600k, creating more buzz and recognition for A Great Big World. I don't understand where the complaint is coming from. The song is pretty much a duet since she is singing throughout most of it, too. Duets tend to get shared billing, no? Also, I've never seen a thief put more money into the person's pocket they're stealing from. If anyone deserves the leading spot for this song, based strictly off of its current state and how it got there, it's Xtina.

Touchdown

Banned
At least she doesn't require constant break ups to make her albums tho.

tumblr_mkk3artWHw1rtjjupo1_250.gif

My point is: before Xtina attached herself to the song, with the permission of the group mind you, it had only sold like 60k total. Afterwards, we have a song selling past 600k, creating more buzz and recognition for A Great Big World. I don't understand where the complaint is coming from. The song is pretty much a duet since she is singing throughout most of it, too. Duets tend to get shared billing, no? Also, I've never seen a thief put more money into the person's pocket they're stealing from. If anyone deserves the leading spot for this song, based strictly off of its current state and how it got there, it's Xtina.

I find the very idea that you consider the financial profits when you decide who gets lead billing on Music (in most peoples books it is art) to be sad.

If she deserved the lead spot she would have had it at release. She didn't, and she knew she didn't deserve it. She attached her name AFTER it became a hit.

Touchdown

Banned
I find the very idea that you consider the financial profits when you decide who gets lead billing on Music (in most peoples books it is art) to be sad.

If she deserved the lead spot she would have had it at release. She didn't, and she knew she didn't deserve it. She attached her name AFTER it became a hit.

The song is classy and sounds great though with her on it. Her name deserves to be attached to it. I'm sure the group
(whatever their name is)
is not complaining so nobody else should be either.

ibbtFOnzWgQ3EU.gif

EDIT:
Touchdown: That was a messy gif. Please don't.

The fat lady one? Got ya. :eek:

botty

Banned

It isn't just based on the financial profits. I also mentioned how the song came to be recognized. Is this any different from when people cover an old song and it successful? Because there are plenty of instances of that happening in music. And as far as her having lead billing in the beginning versus the week or so after it was changed, you're basing that on its iTunes name, which, again, was swiftly changed. It is designed as a duet anyway, and it isn't like iTunes hasn't made mistakes before. :keir:

The song is classy and sounds great though with her on it. Her name deserves to be attached to it. I'm sure the group
(whatever their name is)

ibbtFOnzWgQ3EU.gif

The first time I looked up the song on youtube I clicked the original version. I wasn't paying that close of attention (was playing Zelda) and did not even notice till I went to close the tab that I had listened to the version without Xtina.

An addition with that little impact does not deserve to headline.

(Granted.... when I am actively listening the Xtina version is better.)

Yeah the new Zelda is great.

Also I'm officially on the 3DS bandwagon (have Zelda, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Pokemon) so if the MK popgaf troupe is still going strong lemme know :)

/derail

Partition

Banned
Yeah the new Zelda is great.

Also I'm officially on the 3DS bandwagon (have Zelda, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Pokemon) so if the MK popgaf troupe is still going strong lemme know :)

/derail

It's probably my favorite Zelda since MM. I hope the next console Zelda takes some inspiration from it.

xaosslug

Not Legend X giving epic their first top 10 hit in three years with her smash hit "Slay Everything." Who else but the Legendary Queen?

ahh.gif

But she is a flop.... but she is irrelevant

I can't

Undeniable power. Seethe.

iJxRXNBurXy9.gif

(whatever their name is)

ibbtFOnzWgQ3EU.gif

gather the heathens.

i3Ek3ogYr2m8u.gif

Not Lana being the only girl delivering her video on time.

Go play the other four (which got physical releases) and then you won't have any issues with downloading it because you'll just want it so much

Did you start reading Divergent yet because if not you should ASAP

That was my plan, sisT.

I haven't started Divergent yet. Currently reading Tales of the Dying Earth by Jack Vance.

Is the Divergent series gewd?

The trailer for the movie gave me reductive Hunger Games teas.

It is indeed very gewd tbh. The setting is different and the romance is a little bit...uh...less complicated but I like it.

The ending to the series as a whole is jusT

EaQKG.gif

EDIT: It's been a few months since I read the first book but Tris is definitely less whiny than Katniss according to what I remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom