• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
ULTRAVIOLENCE better not leak and ruin Lana's career

ibg2QIX8M2tHAq.gif

royalan

WAIT WHAT???

LANA ANNOUNCED HER ALBUM TITLE!?!?!?

ULTRAVIOLENCE!?!?!?

DOBVNLAIUBIPBV;OADIS;VUBUPAERUGUBFV;AEIHFVOUBHEROBG

What a provocative title. Really hits you with an instant emotion. Lana's going even darker next time around...

...or, knowing how Lana likes to play with irony and contradiction, Ultraviolence could end up being an album about sunshine, rainbows, and dating emotionally stable men your own age.

royalan

I'd let Shaun Ross smash. I don't know why, but I would...something about him is so alluring...

Also, I'm glad that Azealia Banks is repairing her edges.

SaintZ

So much for The Dalai Lana taking a break. The cheers that erupted upon her announcement.
Well, she only toured and did Young and Beautiful this year (well and Tropico). It felt she did more thanks to Summertime Sadness.
Azealia was at the premiere

f50868e25d6511e3b65e12a560366f47_8.jpg
Well, Lana doesn't seem too thrilled in the picture, lol.

Also, Shaun was on ANTM this season. He's really cool and down to earth, I like him tbh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Now everybody trippin' like they poppin' molly
Up in the club, is where you'll find me
I do it real big never do it tiny
If you about that bullshit please don't remind me
I step in this motha motha just to make it work
I get on the floor just to make that booty twerk
Shake, shake that ass like a, like an expert

iYw1e1cENUO94.gif

SaintZ

Now everybody trippin' like they poppin' molly
Up in the club, is where you'll find me
I do it real big never do it tiny
If you about that bullshit please don't remind me
I step in this motha motha just to make it work
I get on the floor just to make that booty twerk

iYw1e1cENUO94.gif
Mess, I had to listen to the song after reading this. Miley her power.

canocha

Yeah, her voice just isn't made for Motown. Those trickily chorded blues notes are out of her element.

At least she confirmed she's performing Ave Maria live sometime this month. Interested to hear how she'd sound without all the echo/reverb of the album version.

She also performed One More Sleep and I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday, but its not on youtube yet!

Ave Maria live?? Ohhhhhh shittt!!! No skipping notes now Leona! Eheheh

Girl that scene with Joan and Luke at the beginning.

This episode is already a hot mess

I was a bit shocked at that scene. I mean, I know Joan's a religious zealot. But I hadn't pegged her as an abuser. Giving Carrie's mother a run for her money.

"Imagine them all going south in their covered wagons without so much as a charcuterie platter or a bidet. The savagery!"

I cackled. Myrtle continues to be everything.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
He made Nemesis review the album. Poor soul.

Also, apparently Lana just revealed that her next album is indeed being called "Ultraviolence" at the Tropico premiere.

Y'all not ready for the slayage.

lanastoiclaugh8rseo.gif

i am ready for a dark disco masterpiece

cmon lana

Super pumped for Ultraviolence. More Lana is good Lana.

I'll wait for the full album to listen to her songs though, I don't care for singles with Lana. Both Born To Die and Paradise had an equal amount of "OH MY GOD THIS IS HOLY SONIC BLISS" and "Gross, reign that in Lana" songs, so I'm already expecting myself to love half of UV and hate the other. Unless she changes things up.

Seriously, I HAAAAATED Yayo, Bel Air, Cola and Burning Desire. But Ride, American, Blue Velvet and Gods & Monsters slay lives.

SaintZ

Ok, my thoughts on Tropico.

Ride is better. This felt kind of disjointed... specially the first part with Body Electric. I think they work better as separate videos because it doesn't feel cohesive. My favorite segment was Gods and Monsters. It felt that the whole the budget went in there. Lana saying "looking to get fucked hard" as the Virgin Mary is all kinds of wrong lmao.

I liked Body Electric too. Lana dancing is everything and although the set looked cheap, it feels done on purpose. It almost feels Robert Rodriguez-esque. The use of color reminded me a lot of the film Suspiria.

I wasn't feeling Bel Air but I've never liked that song in the first place. It was boring and the use of only one location made it worse. I hope Tropico gets split in three parts so I can avoid it.

So with that, the BTD/Paradise era is over ;__; I can't wait for Ultraviolence and I hope it has tracks like Off To The Races and Kinda Outta Luck. Those are the songs that come to my mind when I hear the title of the album. Also I'm praying that Lana goes back to the auburn hair because I hate her current one lol.

Did anyone see the cover of Applause on X-Factor? It sounded like if Beyonce covered it. It was pretty good!

I still think Gaga songs are really really difficult for someone to cover well because she has a certain swagger and bravado that can't be replicated, but the X-Factor performance was pretty great. Didn't expect that.

And Paulina Rubio kills me with her commentary. "ELONA, ELONA, LITHAN TO ME. JU ARE ALWAYTH ELONA. JUTH ELONA."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So with that, the BTD/Paradise era is over ;__; I can't wait for Ultraviolence and I hope it has tracks like Off To The Races and Kinda Outta Luck. Those are the songs that come to my mind when I hear the title of the album. Also I'm praying that Lana goes back to the auburn hair because I hate her current one lol.
Don't forget Serial Killer. ;)

I'm maybe halfway through Tropico right now and it's absolutely beautiful.

I loved the Body Electric part; I thought it was a cool segway between Adam and Eve and then strippers and "looking to get fucked hard". The visuals are stunning, as well. I love the colors and her dialogue.

Lana, her ARTPOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom