• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Beyonce really just changed the game.

Not only did she change the game, she made the old game look like a joke.

Suddenly gold trucks, artist workshops, Kia commercials, and other bits of whoring for preorders just seems so damn passe...

this is how i feel.

Esch

Banned
The production on this album

i8iGTJj83LeQB.gif

Cyport

I remember Gaga saying that when she released Artpop it was like a cumshot.

No Gaga. This is a motherfucking explosive cumshot - anticipated for ages then literally EVERYTHING comes at once.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't think she really changed the game, cause only a few girls could do shit like this, but she definitely did something totally unique that should not be sold short. This is amazing to release a full album of songs and videos at the same time. I wonder if she's gonna let radio decide what they wanna play

Touchdown

Banned
I don't think she really changed the game, cause only a few girls could do shit like this, but she definitely did something totally unique that should not be sold short. This is amazing to release a full album of songs and videos at the same time. I wonder if she's gonna let radio decide what they wanna play

True, and we don't really know how much she paid to keep this all under wraps and for the Itunes takeover. Not many could do it.

xaosslug

we're not talking Natalia Kills or Lorde - we are talking big leagues. Mariah, Rihanna, Madonna, Christina, Gaga, Katy, Taylor, J.Lo are all looking on with interest. Pass or fail, all the other gols are def. taking notes.

i also think doing videos for nearly every song might become a thing...

DMeisterJ

Banned
we're not talking Natalia Kills or Lorde - we are talking big leagues. Mariah, Rihanna, Madonna, Christina, Gaga, Katy, Taylor, J.Lo are all looking on with interest. Pass or fail, all the other gols are def. taking notes.

i also think doing videos for nearly every song might become a thing...

I don't think traditional releases are going anywhere, even for the aforementioned. The promo/lead single/album release/tour schedule works. Especially cause shit can leak any day, and with the amount of work she put in, it's amazing it didn't leak. Imagine videos and tracks leaking months in advance of an album (remember these vids were filmed months ago and put together, so the album was done well before that). It was a risky move that paid off.

Esch

Banned
Partition is like an MIA song but 10 times better

the audacity of how this woman stunted on yall entire industry is too much

ibd1e5BjTJqIAz.gif

I can't wait to hear the story behind this. Filming internationally, high-profile collaborations, simultaneous release of everything.

She must've recorded this entire thing at Area 51 tbh. Let me bow down bitches to the sheer audacity of going through with this in such a leak-ridden industry.

xaosslug

mad props to ha NOT following the dance music trend.

she really is leading the pack with this.

Rihanna is changing her wig RIGHT NOW and regrouping. LOL

I don't think traditional releases are going anywhere, even for the aforementioned. The promo/lead single/album release/tour schedule works. Especially cause shit can leak any day, and with the amount of work she put in, it's amazing it didn't leak. Imagine videos and tracks leaking months in advance of an album (remember these vids were filmed months ago and put together, so the album was done well before that). It was a risky move that paid off.

the game is changing. You need to be a 'strategic hot mess' or go on crazy promotion like Gaga to barely sell an album these days (unless you are Taylor Swift), and it's all about Youtube.

i think the marrying of videos+songs is the next big leap, and gonna become a thing for the bigger artists.

I can't wait to hear the story behind this. Filming internationally, high-profile collaborations, simultaneous release of everything.

She must've recorded this entire thing at Area 51 tbh. Let me bow down bitches to the sheer audacity of going through with this in such a leak-ridden industry.

Seriously.

I was stanning a bit just because she DID THAT.

But it helps that the album shits all over every other main pop girl's album this year. Like dayum.

DMeisterJ

Banned
the game is changing. You need to be a 'strategic hot mess' or go on crazy promotion like Gaga to barely sell an album these days (unless you are Taylor Swift), and it's all about Youtube.

i think the marrying of videos+songs is the next big leap, and gonna become a thing for the bigger artists.

I don't see the paradigm shift that you see, just a really flawless concept. This won't work for everyone. It just won't. There's substantial risk involved and not everyone is gonna wanna film vids for all of their songs and the labels are not gonna be for not being able to sell singles and stuff.

Roy's right.

Beyonce straight up made everybody else in the game look so self-indulgent and try hard today.

Just release good shit. It'll find its way to people. The rest shouldn't have to matter.

I'm about to start "Blue." "Heaven" shook me though. This video series has shown me more about this woman than her entire career beforehand. Like, where did this even COME FROM?

As big a stan as I am, I can honestly say that I never would expected Beyonce to come up with something as editorial, shocking, introspective and high quality as this. And that's the truth.

This is Madonna level shit right here. i.e. the best

xaosslug

honestly, this is like the first time Bey has ever done anything that has left me in awe. I mean... did she hire her dad back or a new team, or something?

ridiculousness.

jbug617

Banned

She was there when Jay and Kanye recorded WTT. I guess she did what they did and record in different places like they did hotel rooms, on vacation etc

OtachiSlattern

Neo Member
tumblr_mxqg91aSDn1sw6dc9o1_500.png

XO is amazing and needs to be the first single.

I keep reading everywhere that Gaga, Rih, Taylor have all been de-wigged, but I'm not seeing a lot of Miley/Katy mentions. Honestly, what other pop girl besides Madonna could've done this and pulled it off?

I keep reading everywhere that Gaga, Rih, Taylor have all been de-wigged, but I'm not seeing a lot of Miley/Katy mentions. Honestly, what other pop girl besides Madonna could've done this and pulled it off?[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair Miley and Katy had already been de-wigged by this point

[spoiler]I was having a moment with Prism today tho[/spoiler]

xaosslug

I don't see the paradigm shift that you see, just a really flawless concept. This won't work for everyone. It just won't. There's substantial risk involved and not everyone is gonna wanna film vids for all of their songs and the labels are not gonna be for not being able to sell singles and stuff.

like I said, bigger artists. You won't see someone like Selener or Ariana Grande doing this, because they can't afford it. But if this pays off, you can bet Madonna, Kanye et al are gonna jump on dat shit.

Why are ya'll coming for Gaga though.

They're allies. Bey's flawless output only makes Gaga stronger. <3

I just can't believe my two faves released albums back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom