• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Wait, is she only releasing it through iTunes this week? No Amazon or Google Play?

According to Billboard they hear it's 1 week exclusive for Itunes. Singles are out next week

iTunes is expected to have a week-long exclusive on the album, before a retail release tentatively set for Saturday, December 21, according to sources familiar with plans and progress with the pressing of physical copies. Though an official single didn't precede the set, two tracks are expected to be announced as the lead singles for different formats next week.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...edly-releases-new-self-titled-visual-album-on

Allies? In the pop game?

ibhdxkjWXAFHse.gif

I feel like Beyonce is decently religious. I wonder how she feels about Hov's demonic atheist satan raps.

This whole "everyone's out to get everyone else" is manufactured by stans. Beyonce and Gaga are friends in the business and their music doesn't overlap so as long as they're both releasing good albums (and they both are) then the pop scene's all the better for it.

And so am I. Good god am I better today. lol

AHHHHHHHH IT'S THREE AM AND I'M GETTING ON A PLANE AS SOON AS I WAKE UP TOMORROW WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW NKJDBSIJDNSKJDNSKJDNSJKDNSJ

;__________; <3333333333

xaosslug

Why are ya'll coming for Gaga though.

They're allies. Bey's flawless output only makes Gaga stronger. <3

I just can't believe my two faves released albums back to back.

because what Bey has done is so distinctly ARTPOP (you don't even need to explain it, it's so plain to see) it's impossible NOT to think of Gaga's failed, messy attempt (yeah... I kno ha ARTPOP can be anything...)

i seriously can't.
ibo0BJvjwfEZHw.gif

Satch

Banned
AHHHHHHHH IT'S THREE AM AND I'M GETTING ON A PLANE AS SOON AS I WAKE UP TOMORROW WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW NKJDBSIJDNSKJDNSKJDNSJKDNSJ

;__________; <3333333333
Praying for you

When you finally get to listen, you wont be able to stop

Dare i say... Its a Beyonce Experience

Esch

Banned
This whole "everyone's out to get everyone else" is manufactured by stans. Beyonce and Gaga are friends in the business and their music doesn't overlap so as long as they're both releasing good albums (and they both are) then the pop scene's all the better for it.

And so am I. Good god am I better today. lol
Thats what you think? That in this billion dollar business these women are hugs and kisses even though theyre fighting for market share and buzz to stay relevant?

Cmon son.

Oh whatever. Just like every other time something Beyonce comes out, everyone here stans for it for a week and then people will go back to calling her the usual names, leaving me to create long-winded lists in order to remind people of why this bitch is and always will be on top.

The cycle will continue regardless.

Esch

Banned
Oh whatever. Just like every other time something Beyonce comes out, everyone here stans for it for a week and then people will go back to calling her the usual names, leaving me to create long-winded lists in order to remind people of why this bitch is and always will be on top.

The cycle will continue regardless.

Tru. I think there are probably posts with hasBeyn in it today haha

CollecT that truth

Everything Beyonce said about 4 after its release leads me to believe that she wanted to pull this same magic trick for that album, but it just didn't work out for some reason. The fact that she ended up releasing videos for basically every song on that album in a frantic pre-preggers frenzy basically confirms that for me.

Glad she waited though if that's the case. Her material this time is just beyond anything she's done before. B'Day comes close, but these videos. LordT, these videos.

If Gaga is seriously thinking of doing an "ARTPOP Vol. 2"...she better rename that shit.

breakfuss

Have to give it up. Liking everything about this so far. The production is outstanding. Accompanying videos for each song? The album photography? Then to top it off with a clandestine release. Not a peep, leak or hint until now? It's like MJ reincarnate, honestly. And by that I mean the display of showmanship. Good for her, man.

I'm seriously conflicted right now. I want to listen through the album a third time, but I also need to go to bed.

CHOICES.

I'll compromise and just bop to a few of my faves right now.

cory64

I think I had a premonition of this because I watched the episode of Drag Race where they lipsynced to Freakum Dress yesterday.

Majmun

Ps4 slaying
Bey slaying

Damn, my faves are killing it ;_;

I'm still in shock about Bey's new stuff. It's amazing new music.

Yado

Not the Beycast dropping with no warning. I woke up to a bunch of texts from my friend freaking out. lol

I don't know if I'm ready.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is amazing. It's not quite the completely ridiculous album that I wrote about wanting a few days ago, but it's clearly a cut above the artistry of any of the other 'pop gerls'. This is closer to the level that someone like Janelle Monáe is operating at rather than the ba$ic bitch compositions, production and general stylings of someone like Gaga or Perry.

I was ready to drag the hell out of Beyoncé over a flop album but this is stunning.

[edit] And to think that some of you heaux were dragging Bey over her creative ability as a self-managed artist and then she goes and does this. Kiiiiiiiiiii.

cory64

I'm here for the music but won't it be a bit underwhelming in the long run since she dropped her entire era all at once? It's an iconic moment, sure, but it's something an artist can only do once.

I'm here for the music but won't it be a bit underwhelming in the long run since she dropped her entire era all at once? It's an iconic moment, sure, but it's something an artist can only do once.

It surely can be done only once but come on.. It's about the bops. But admit, this is wig tearing and slaying a bit. Everyone has a team calculating their artist return. Beyoncé who is self managed, managed to buy out iTunes for two weeks, make a video for all her songs and produced everything by herself. This is Madonna legendary stuff right here. I'm a big fan of Gaga but damn, Gaga just fell off. This is true Art-Pop. Bey defined the word and didn't even make it up.

DMeisterJ

Banned

I must agRih. The era is already kinda over for the Hive. I mean, there are no single releases or videos to look forward to. It's all here, which is good, but the waiting makes the releases so much better.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I think that if she'd released something as basic and underdeveloped as ARTPOOP, PISSM, Brinty John or whatever trash, then the era would be 'already over', like the relief of squeezing out a rancid turd after days of constipation. But this is an album with legs, it's going to take a while to absorb. What seemed to be the messiest album runup in history has actually turned out to be one of the most flawless.

Plus, it's a completely different kind of experience. The Hive just had 14 new tracks dropped on them overnight. That's not the kind of excitement that any other gerl will manage any time soon. It might not have the slow burn of a regular album promo but waking up and finding that Bey had released an entire new album completely out of the blue overnight is not something anyone will be able to replicate any time soon.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
THE FUCK
I wake up and new beyonce? My mild stanning last week obviously spurred her on. She has my coins.
Like I'm going skiing in two hours and I haven't even packed or tidied the house yet, what am I going to do now
Pretty Hurts fucking slays

Partition

Banned
It surely can be done only once but come on.. It's about the bops. But admit, this is wig tearing and slaying a bit. Everyone has a team calculating their artist return. Beyoncé who is self managed, managed to buy out iTunes for two weeks, make a video for all her songs and produced everything by herself. This is Madonna legendary stuff right here. I'm a big fan of Gaga but damn, Gaga just fell off. This is true Art-Pop. Bey defined the word and didn't even make it up.

Bey's album is more ART and very little POP. Gaga's was the opposite. Neither are true ART-POP *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom