• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
335146322.581975skuj.jpg

-
-
update: Contest is over, FULL FINAL RESULTS -109 participants
*Congrats Numble!*
-

It's that time again!
I've set up everything thru my iPad, so I'm sorry if it isn't that good looking or there are some typos :)
Credits to teamaxe for all the banners and to Flunkie for the Touch Gaming's op!

Following the smashing successes of CANANBALT's and MR. NINJA's contests, here's the new
GAF's iOS WEEKLY CHALLENGE!

It's not at all forbidden to post about the challenge in the Touch Gaming |OT|, like we did with Tiny Wings and many other games of course, but this specific thread is here with the purpose to avoid the flood of posts sinking all the others for a whole week in the TG's thread.
We also have prizes, plenty of awesome goods for you guys to earn!
If you're a DEVELOPER and would like to put up some prizes (no matter how "little"!) related to your game/s (a few AppStore's codes, swag, anything!) for the next challenges, just CONTACT ME via PM.
Check below for all the infos.

The game chosen is:

•FLICK KICK FOOTBALL #GAME MODE: TIME ATTACK

335149276.2011205u9a.jpg

shield-300x300.png

-Flick Kick Football on iTunes (Universal app, $0.99/€0.79/£0.69)

•Challenge's Times:

#STARTS August 16th, 03:01 (AM) GMT
#ENDS: August 23rd, 00:01 (AM) GMT UPDATE: contest is OVER

Current GMT / World Time

-RULES:

•To participate you just need the game and to add me on Game Center (Dash Kappei GAF): as soon as'll you fire up the game and play it for the first time while being signed in Game Center then you'll be part of the Challenge, that's it.
Add from GAF and your nick on GAF or I won't add you.
•GAFFers only, I won't accept requests from non gaffers, sorry lurkers.
•Check the Master List Membership below if you want to add others, but being on the list isn't mandatory to play.
•Scores are valid only for the "This Week" leadearboard and those made before the challenge won't be counted for the full final results, even if mistakenly counted during the challenge.
•You can still enter the Challenge even if it has already started, granted I accept your GC's friend request on time, in fact you can join the contest until -1 hour to the end.
•Posting your new scores in this thread is encouraged as well as posting your gamecenter profile for others to check on your score when you do so. This is not at all mandatory anyway.

-PRIZES

The cool guys at Sidhe/PikPok have decided to support the contest giving away an absolutely incredible prize pack for the *winner*. The highest score posted will mean a lucky gaffer will be the proud owner of:
A signed copy of that little masterpiece known as Shatter, a signed copy of the acclaimed Shatter Official Soundtrack, a copy of Speedracer The VG's OST, and a stylish Sidhe T-Shirt!
335146056.965790yp29.jpg

~
MORE PRIZES!
As if all that stuff wasn't enough, there's even more swag to win!
This week's prizes have been donated upfront by awesome NeoGAF's dev/member Ninjagorilla of Simogo's fame!

R9MBc.jpg

KOSMO SPIN on iTunes (Universal app, $0.99/€0.79/£0.69)

4 codes for indie smash hit Kosmo Spin will be given away for the contest, one each for scores #2, #3 and #4  on the leaderboard and one for the raffle between all the participants.

Wanna check out Ninjagorilla's work and reward such a generous gaffers by having a go at his game?
Then you should definitely CLICK HERE

Want to see the game in action first? NO! Don't you wanna blindy support a kind gaffer? What's wrong with you?!
LOL, here's Kosmo Spin's Official Trailer -Youtube

~

-Useful LINKS:

FKF Official Website

Kosmo Spin Official Website

NeoGAF's Touch Gaming Thread

~

1Y5kx.png

NeoGaf's Game Center Master List

• Send Dash Kappei a PM if you want to be added to the list or taken off the list, following this EXACT same text formatting 

GAF Name = Name [GC] / Name [OF] / Name [Plus+] / Device
(e.g. Dash Kappei / Dash Kappei GAF / Dash Kappei GAF / none / iPad)

Dash Kappei

Hope you guys like it. Put quite a bit of work in it :)

I also wanted to add that there were 5 codes for Kosmo Spin thanks to Ninjagorilla, but one of those is going to Dynamite Ringo Matsuri who has never gotten his Cananbalt prize thanks to a credit card fuck up (thanks psn breach!). That's why I've put up "only" 4 codes, it's not like I've kept one for me :)

The M.O.B

Nice! One of my fave score attack games for iOS. I never really played the time attack mode but im sure I can notch at least 200.

Dis gun be good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The M.O.B said:
Nice! One of my fave score attack games for iOS. I never really played the time attack mode but im sure I can notch at least 200.

Dis gun be good.

200? If you can, I think you have a good chance of winning. The highest score on my board is like 165

Koodo

Banned
The M.O.B said:

Dis gun be good.
2h71ce8.jpg

I haven't even passed 100 points yet.

Dash Kappei

Right, we have 54 gaffers owning the game on my GC's list (212 gaffers atm) right now and 34 of those are already playing it.
Let's see how high we can climb!

We reached 74 participants on mr.Ninja with more than half of those buying the game after the contest started, I'd love to beat that even if only by one :)

Huff

Banned
All day pharmacy school orientation tomorrow. I think we all know what I'll be doing instead of listening.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh man, this game sends your score to Game Center if you play offline, right? lol.

I don't think it does, fuck

I'll be kinda sad if it doesn't get submitted. Don't have crappy WIFI I guess.

XBR8B.jpg

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
pilonv1 said:
Offended that NZers chose "Football" and not a form of Rugby.

Flick Kick Rugby for a future weekly challenge? ;)

The Rugby World Cup is coming up after all, and we could probably scrape up another prize pack for that.

Technosteve said:
This game is hard and detects flicks a bid odd on ipad. Fun tho makes me want to smash things when i miss.
yeah who here is playing on ipad? The detection seems...slightly off. And in a game where slight differences matter it's a tad odd. Not complaining though, still really fun. It's definitely easier on the ipod touch though (or iphone I guess).

I'm gonna stick it out though.

Dash Kappei

yeah who here is playing on ipad?
I am. It seems well calibrated to me, don't have a problem I just had to "get it" but I've never played it much on my brother's iPhone, so I can't make a proper comparison. My top score is 154 on TA iirc.

pilonv1 said:
Offended that NZers chose "Football" and not a form of Rugby.
You're right, Calcio is where is at! :p
Not PikPok's fault if GAF has spoken and decided that football is the world's game.

;)

Anyway, going to bed now, you guys have fun till I come back and utterly destroy you scores
Aiming at a top15 spot as always, lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My high score is now 140. I don't know what happened to me but my skills improved instantly as soon as the challenge started, lol.

Vbwq9.png

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just realized, won't the weekly scores reset during the challenge since we started mid week?

jlevel13

-Pyromaniac- said:
yeah who here is playing on ipad? The detection seems...slightly off. And in a game where slight differences matter it's a tad odd. Not complaining though, still really fun. It's definitely easier on the ipod touch though (or iphone I guess).

I'm playing on a iPad2 and it seems frighteningly accurate - no problems here with detection. I've never played on a phone though - maybe moving between the two devices puts some people off, since the gestures on a pad would be different (bigger?)?

Vagabundo

Lol I bought the wrong game a few days ago, something called flick football and have been practicing the shit out of that.. Awww crap...

Top Bottom