• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
carpediemdp said:
Just got 165! Top 5!
Damn, 'grats. "japanator", right? Yep, #5.
You should aim for top4, "krorg gaf" at 178 (iirc) is your main competitor now! ;)

I'm stll at 141, #20 atm :p

xbhaskarx

FKF is one of my favorite iPhone games but I haven't played it in a long time. I'm really rusty, my first score is a 35. Seeing some of these scores I'm almost too intimidated to continue...

Dash Kappei

xbhaskarx said:
FKF is one of my favorite iPhone games but I haven't played it in a long time. I'm really rusty, my first score is a 35. Seeing some of these scores I'm almost too intimidated to continue...
Nahhh.. Just a matter of practice reallly

Vagabundo

I'm doing a some cross training on the other games. As I've hit a wall on my score. Bullseye seems like it will be helpful. ;)

Dash Kappei

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL: DAY 3

Things are gettin' intersting, quite a few swapped places :)
Remember, this scores are from a few hours ago!

#Current Results -107 players (score holders listed as Game Center profiles)

335541233.360311duz2.jpg

335541791.9439094jey.jpg

335541861.329643d8x4.jpg

335541913.544776d804.jpg

335541964.655887pkbk.jpg

335542026.288897288i.jpg

335542090.7520242k87.jpg

335542179.222054rj5h.jpg

335542234.6445836kw4.jpg

335542293.4134826km8.jpg

335542398.959508fk4r.jpg

Dash Kappei

Vagabundo said:
I'm doing a some cross training on the other games. As I've hit a wall on my score. Bullseye seems like it will be helpful. ;)

I love the bullseye mode and yes, it definitely helps you refine your aim

Dash Kappei said:
I love the bullseye mode and yes, it definitely helps you refine your aim
I had a go of this earlier. Why on earth aren't we using this mode for the challenge? It's a million times better.

The games are shorter, the scoring is far more interesting, and it's just more fun.

I'm completely bored of time attack already, I just can't be bothered to improve because I lose interest by the time I've hit 50 points and then when the game's over I don't have that temptation to hit restart because I know it'd take forever to get to a decent score again. I thought the scoring would work more like in Field Goal or Rugby where you get more points for more successive shots - a point per goal even when you've scored fifty in a row and the shots are getting more difficult doesn't feel like a fair reward to me.

Dash Kappei

toythatkills said:
I had a go of this earlier. Why on earth aren't we using this mode for the challenge? It's a million times better.

The games are shorter, the scoring is far more interesting, and it's just more fun.

I'm completely bored of time attack already, I just can't be bothered to improve because I lose interest by the time I've hit 50 points and then when the game's over I don't have that temptation to hit restart because I know it'd take forever to get to a decent score again. I thought the scoring would work more like in Field Goal or Rugby where you get more points for more successive shots - a point per goal even when you've scored fifty in a row and the shots are getting more difficult doesn't feel like a fair reward to me.
Talk was the bullseye was too difficult

:shrugs:

In all truthness It is, tho. It also involves luck in the way the targers are lined up and that kind of randomness was frowned upon in the Cananbalt's and .ninja's challenges.
Rest assured that I love both modes (and arcade!) but bullseye IS "special" :)
I feel that multiplayer modes need a lot of work and the push option is kinda iffy in asynch play.

Dash Kappei said:
In all truthness It is, tho. It also involves luck in the way the targers are lined up and that kind of randomness was frowned upon in the Cananbalt's and .ninja's challenges.
It's not random in the same was as Mr Ninja was. You've always got three targets to hit worth the same amount of points so the scores will always be the same if you hit the same number of targets.

In Mr Ninja someone could get to exactly the same stage with exactly the same chain and get 100,000 points less.

For next weeks challenge I vote for bullseye mode =P

Dash Kappei

Don't think I'll be able to provide day 4 and day 6 leaderboards, so I'll post the full day 5 top108 tomorrow.
There's not much discussion going on anyway, but that's how it has always been the important thing is that we have an average of 85 gaffers on each TODAY leaderboard so far, so people are very much playing.
108 playing in total, we utterly destroyed mr.ninja's record of 74 :)

HARD LINES seems set to become the next challenge's game, but I'm not sure on which mode.
What do you guys say? Survival? Or maybe (my pick) 3 minutes Time Attack?

Gaspode_T

I'm up to #1 in my friends list in Survival Hard Lines so I'm hyped about that one LOL

Survival is a lot about luck, if you get a red dot when a ton of lines are in close range it's easy to rack up huge points, otherwise it's not. I do think that Deadline or something would be more like the flick kick time attack mode.

I don't know what happens when you buy Extreme mode, has anyone tried that?

Dash Kappei

Gaspode_T said:
I'm up to #1 in my friends list in Survival Hard Lines so I'm hyped about that one LOL

Survival is a lot about luck, if you get a red dot when a ton of lines are in close range it's easy to rack up huge points, otherwise it's not. I do think that Deadline or something would be more like the flick kick time attack mode.

I don't know what happens when you buy Extreme mode, has anyone tried that?
Then it's settled, no survival 'cause you'd win otherwise, conspiracy ftw! :p
Kiddin', but I think time attack is especially fitting since the combining of two different gameplay mechanics (items+ killing) work pretty much perfectly with an highscore based game, AND it's time fixed (3min) a la pacman CE, so it's quick to retry.
Extreme iPad mode gives a much bigger grid (16x, iirc) that's it.

Dash Kappei

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL: DAY 5

As I've said before itt, for today I could only manage time to do a TOP10 screenshot upload.
Remember, this scores are from a few hours ago!

#Current Results - TOP10 out of 108 players (score holders listed as Game Center profiles)

335662969.867397pjyn.jpg

#20 wh3lan 146
#50 dantehemi 115
#75 demmonite 97
#100 kapshin 63

Dash Kappei

-Pyromaniac- said:
I don't know what happened to me but I officially can't get back on my game. Not sure what it is.
I still think you and numble got a chance to win this thing.
Fox's a monster but be aware that on the last 2 challenges someone joined on day 6 and stole a place in the top3, so keep practicing! :)

numble

Dash Kappei said:
Fox's a monster but be aware that on the last 2 challenges someone joined on day 6 and stole a place in the top3, so keep practicing! :)
I stopped playing for 2 days as I got into Real Racing 2. I guess I can try...

Fox1304

Dash Kappei said:

I've scored this on the first day and can't get past the 200 anymore :(

And I feel Numble's breath on my neck !!!

Gotta practice, but no time. Hang on, my lovely high score, hang on tight !

Gaspode_T

I swear to you last night I had nearly 105 points with like 45 seconds left, then was owned by a 5 year old suddenly taking his iPad back from his daddy lol

Dash Kappei

Gaspode_T said:
I swear to you last night I had nearly 105 points with like 45 seconds left, then was owned by a 5 year old suddenly taking his iPad back from his daddy lol
Lol, I feel for you mate :)

Dash Kappei

Just wanted to reiterate what Awesome Animals said, there are some impressive iOS gamers here on GAF, that fact that above 100 points barely net you a place in the top70 is unbelievable, especially when more than half of the 107 players began playing FKF for the very first time with this contest

Edit: contest ends in 8 hours circa

You can STILL ENTER the Challenge and WIN THIS:

335146056.965790yp29.jpg

OR THIS:

R9MBc.jpg

KOSMO SPIN -Youtube Official Trailer

I'll be happy as long as I stay in the top 25. I've only been able to play twice and won't be able to get another session in until the end of the contest. poop!

by the way, great work Dash!

kottila

The game dosen't really feel that fun when you're going for 150+. I've only finished a couple of plays in the last days, because I pretty much know that I'll never get close to the record. And even when you're feeling good, you miss three easy in a row and you're completely out of it,

Dash Kappei said:
I shall never give up. I matched my 186 last night. I'm eternally bugged by the time I hit 212 and could have easily gotten to at least 220 had I not done the infinitely stupid thing of hitting restart by accident. That one move is haunting me.

WOOT. IT IS DONE. 219 score. I have redeemed myself.

edit: lol at numble's score, simply don't see how that's even possible, just insane!

numble

-Pyromaniac- said:
WOOT. IT IS DONE. 219 score. I have redeemed myself.

edit: lol at numble's score, simply don't see how that's even possible, just insane!
I really only played 3-4 times after Dash's comment above about how he thought we could reach number 1. I was all set on being satisfied with running a record of 2nd place finishes until he spoke up.

I used Practice mode to practice long shots a couple of days ago. The trick of the game is that it gives you like 30 of around the same distance at a time, if you can get past the long shots near the "end," it goes back to a bunch of shorter distance shots. The trick is to outlast the 30 or so long shots that are very difficult for getting skill shots--because those will suck up a whole minute or so if you only get normal shots or misses in. (I'm just guessing 30, since it feels like that much).

Here's a comparison of my last game and the game right before that--I missed 19 shots in the first one but 22 in the second one, but the difference was the skill shots:

Ajy3Hl.jpg
CKB19l.jpg

Dash Kappei

numble said:
I really only played 3-4 times after Dash's comment above about how he thought we could reach number 1. I was all set on being satisfied with running a record of 2nd place finishes until he spoke up.

I used Practice mode to practice long shots a couple of days ago. The trick of the game is that it gives you like 30 of around the same distance at a time, if you can get past the long shots near the "end," it goes back to a bunch of shorter distance shots. The trick is to outlast the 30 or so long shots that are very difficult for getting skill shots--because those will suck up a whole minute or so if you only get normal shots or misses in. (I'm just guessing 30, since it feels like that much).

Here's a comparison of my last game and the game right before that--I missed 19 shots in the first one but 22 in the second one, but the difference was the skill shots:

Ajy3Hl.jpg
CKB19l.jpg
Ahah, oh wow, I'm glad I've had a tiny part in pushing you over the limits :D
Damn, Fox's gonna hate me forever. :p
Can't wait to see a pic of yours with all the PikPok swag you're about to get! Don't forget to pm me a legit email of yours so that I can pass that to Sidhe/PikPok!

-Pyro's performance has been amazing as well, bravo!
Many many thanks to everyone participating and tomorrow I'm gonna start organizing for sending the codes and such. It's incredible that we've reached 108 players (well, 109 with one retired, lol) and that #108 score is yet so damn good... Stay tuned for the full results, I once again tricked Game Center to gather the scores sans real names, fuckin' voodo magic by yours truly! :p

numble

Dash Kappei said:
Ahah, oh wow, I'm glad I've got a tiny part in pushing you over the limits :D
Damn, Fox's gonna hate me forever. :p
Can't wait to see a pic of yours with all the PikPok swag you're about to get! Don't forget to pm me a legit email of yours so that I can pass that to Sidhe/PikPok!

-Pyro's performance has been amazing as well, bravo!
Many many thanks to everyone participating and tomorrow I'm gonna start organizing for sending the codes and such. It's incredible that we've reached 108 players (well, 109 with one retired, lol) and that #108 score is yet so damn good... Stay tuned for the full results, I once again tricked Game Center to gather the scores sans real names, fuckin' voodo magic by yours truly! :p
How do you do that? For awhile I saw only nicknames, but now I see real names. I'll send you a PM.

Just would like to mention that I didn't purchase FKF until I knew of the contest (but I had played the free edition a lot before).

Dash Kappei

numble said:
How do you do that? For awhile I saw only nicknames, but now I see real names. I'll send you a PM.

Just would like to mention that I didn't purchase FKF until I knew of the contest (but I had played the free edition a lot before).

Cool!
But about GC, it's too much work and not permanent, you need to trick it every time and it takes forever, it's not worth it for "normal" use, believe me :/

Edit: did you upload that pic directly from your iDevice? How do you manage to do that with img.ur, I can't seem to be able to use that host from my iPad, dunno how to choose the pic to upload if not from my pc/mac

Dash Kappei

Abload.de is giving me crap and I'm over my 10GB bandwith on Photobucket, I guess we'll have to wait a few hours before I can post the full results.
Unless you guys can suggest some hosts *which work* thru iPad.

Koodo

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Abload.de is giving me crap and I'm over my 10GB bandwith on Photobucket, I guess we'll have to wait a few hours before I can post the full results.
Dropbox?

numble

Dash Kappei said:
I use imgurfree. It's very barebones though.

Fox1304

Oh fuck me with a stick !
My high score held all contest long only to be bursted in the last hour while I was sleeping ? That's some hard backstabbing there, high score.

Congrats on the new winner then ;)
Now I'll have to explain the GF why she won't wear an awesome sidhe tee .... I think I'll give her numble's address :D

Top Bottom