• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

THRILLH0

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Christ. I still haven't hit 100.
You'll get there when you find the skill zone sweet spot.

Just remember that you're far better off taking a second to line up a skillshot than losing 4 seconds for hitting a defender or the post.

Smoothness is preferrable to rapid-fire in this game.

I'm so stupid, ultimate rage moment. I'm at 212 with time left, I pause because my hand hurt. And then I hit to restart instead of resume. Yeahhh.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm so stupid, ultimate rage moment. I'm at 212 with time left, I pause because my hand hurt. And then I hit to restart instead of resume. Yeahhh.

Bwahahaha, awesome

:(

mrkgoo

Love iOS gaming. I'm an exclusive iOS gamer - haven't played consoles in nearly 3 years, and only a handful of DS games in that time.

I would want to join in on the fun, but my iPhone 3G doesn't have game centre, and I'm crap anyway.

I have an iPad, but don't really want to join the GAF-club, as don't want to give away my name. I know you can change it, but I thought there was something else weird about that.

Also, I'd never show up on the boards anyway. I'm too crap.

Aww, you always update the list before I spend my daily time on it, and I'm always disappointed with my score. lol

Dash Kappei said:
Fucking magnet.
When I hit one, I often go into crosspost's killstreak mode like in that ronaldinho video

Same here, I pretty much restart at that point, I get too frustrated with that round. But I love getting a skill zone streak and adding like 15 seconds to your time.

kottila

fuck this. 52 points with 1:52 left on the clock and then I hit the first crossbar, and second and then the keeper. For two situations in a row. My psyche is not strong enough for this game. Ended with 122

Dash Kappei

HOLY SHIT!

We've already reached 98 gaffers in the contest, beating Mr.Ninja by a landslide (74 players) in just more than a day!

And more than 30 gaffers have since bought/downloaded FKF to participate, congrats PikPok guys :)

Now shootin to break the 100 barrier, damn we'll never beat that again in another contest lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
kottila said:
fuck this. 52 points with 1:52 left on the clock and then I hit the first crossbar, and second and then the keeper. For two situations in a row. My psyche is not strong enough for this game. Ended with 122

Yes, I've had starts where I've had 80+ and still over 1 minute, but then panic and bomb and barely clear 100.

Fox1304

How come everytime I manage to do a near-perfect start (meaning 2:00 left and 100 goals) I fuck up so badly that there's no way to reach my best :(

Up to joint 7th as per last nights leaderboard - but I've a feeling that's no where near enough for the top 10 by the time today's leaderboard is out.

Kosh

Dash Kappei said:
HOLY SHIT!

And more than 30 gaffers have since bought/downloaded FKF to participate, congrats PikPok guys :)

I picked up Flick Kick Field Goal by PikPok, too. Both of these games are addictive.

Fox1304 said:
How come everytime I manage to do a near-perfect start (meaning 2:00 left and 100 goals) I fuck up so badly that there's no way to reach my best :(
I know what you mean, you're doing amazing and on pace to destroy, and then you miss like 5 times in a row and totally choke.

Vagabundo

Yey. I broke the 100 barrier. Up at 116 now. I'm finding my leg is starting to twitch after I hit around 80. I think my body is trying to kick something.

mrkgoo

I can imagine these threads becoming really big! GAF is a fun place to hang out, and a lot of deva could use it as promotional space.
Especially since you'd get sales on a game that is featured!

For those of you that are "choking" as the game progresses, the shot spots and opponents do get tougher after the first few minutes. So if you're at ~75 goals with 1 minute left, that doesn't necessarily mean you're on pace for 150 goals.

Dash Kappei

We've broke the 100 barrier! I'm very happy with how you guys have made this contests idea a success, it makes it worth it to put that much effort in them :)

Edit: ...aaaand we're now 102 gaffers playing!
Another two and that'll mean 50 gaffers bought the game after the contest (we had 54 when the contest started), even with the uber superprizepack PikPok/Sidhe could actually almost break even by the time the contest ends, lol
What's good is that more people are enjoying this game, I've always loved it and its controls implementation

Dash Kappei

mrkgoo said:
I can imagine these threads becoming really big! GAF is a fun place to hang out, and a lot of deva could use it as promotional space.
Especially since you'd get sales on a game that is featured!

I dunno, I think a smallish "core" group of 50/60 people is more likely than gaffers buying these games en masse. I do think the word of mouth and week-focused interest is good for the games featured and for the kind "sponsors" (BuzzJive telling me it has enjoyed some success for Matchbox also thanks -in a very small part I'm sure- to being featured in the mr.ninja contest was the best thing about last contest) but I seriously doubt devs are reaching to me to give out prizes to make money in the end: I think they just like the idea of supporting this community, especially since they have no saying in which games I choose for the contests. It's all about enjoying iOS gaming and add a little something to their appeal thanks to the GAF's community and that's exactly why I do it: 'cause I enjoy taking part in these contests myself :)

I hit 180 something earlier today, can't seem to hit 200 again, BAHHHHHHHHHHhhhh. I enjoy the fact that I'm quietly competing with 100+ gaffers, pretty insane.

I've played so many games that I already know when to not even bother. I restart within the first 30 seconds in like....90% of my games. If I don't get that near/absolutely perfect start then I just restart. Same with if I'm doing well but I miss more than twice in a row, I know it sets me way back in the long run.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Dash Kappei said:
even with the uber superprizepack PikPok/Sidhe could actually almost break even by the time the contest ends, lol

Still hoping that someone in Australasia wins so we don't have to spend much on shipping ;)

Glad the contest is going well and people are having fun.

Gaspode_T

Are you 100+ folks hitting +3 shots on the sides or in the top-middle? I seem to only be able to hit them consistently in the middle but then it becomes pretty much impossible when the number of blockers starts getting crazy, probably heavily curved shots are a better choice but they seem trickier to perform consistently on an iPad...

Gaspode_T said:
Are you 100+ folks hitting +3 shots on the sides or in the top-middle? I seem to only be able to hit them consistently in the middle but then it becomes pretty much impossible when the number of blockers starts getting crazy, probably heavily curved shots are a better choice but they seem trickier to perform consistently on an iPad...
I hit em all over the place. For the first while I hit them usually in the middle. As the match goes on I usually tend to go for the top left since it's an easy one for me. But really it's all over the place.

jlevel13

Gaspode_T said:

I aim for the top as much as possible. If you are hitting them high, you pretty much don't have to worry too often about defenders or the keeper until you get up into the hundreds and the set-ups get a little more complicated. It seems like it would be trickier to aim to the sides or corners.

Fox1304

Gaspode_T said:
100% top corners, with only a few exceptions.

Vagabundo

Fox1304 said:
100% top corners, with only a few exceptions.

I think you would have a greater chance of getting a skill zne aiming for the corners.

I generally go for the middle though. If I try and aim for the skill zone I usually hit the crossbar.

What is the so re for hitting a skill zone, is it two points and three second on the clock? And a normal goal is one second and point? Are there any other hidden combos or zones?

Dash Kappei

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL: DAY 2

KABOOM, 100 players barrier has been shattered! :)
Remember, this scores are from a few hours ago!

#Current Results -104 players (score holders listed as Game Center profiles)

335390824.673772u7dw.jpg

335391127.347320y7mp.jpg

335392011.582046oqlm.jpg

335392893.706099x7l8.jpg

335392968.262145o70s.jpg

Worked my way back into the top 5 but goddamnit if I didn't screw up that 1 game where I restarted by accident I'd be first. Now I have this mental block where I can't hit 200 again, lol.

I will continue trying.

Dash Kappei

Robbed Wario 64 of his 19th place (140), yay

:p

Still can't get as good my first offline* attemps

(friggin iPad crashed on me twice and I had to hard reboot, god I HATE memory leaks)

Top Bottom