• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

Vagabundo

I only got to play on game of the real GAF challenge game before going to work. I got 40 :( ...

EDIT: lol just realised that sentence makes no sense at all..

SmokyDave

Redownloaded this so I can compete in my ciggy breaks. I don't think I'll be troubling the top 20.

Edit: Man, I must have deleted Flick Kick by accident, it's awesome.

Edit Edit: Yeah, I'm at 65 or so. I just don't have the eye of the tiger when it comes to time attack games. I don't like to be rushed.

Berksy

It takes like 5 minutes per go and i can't even beat 126 yet ;_;
Also when i restart, i somehow ALWAYS hit the crossbar with my first ball.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
toythatkills said:
Awesome prizes! I don't suppose that t-shirt's available in something smaller than XL, is it? =P

We have a few of that style tshirt left. We'll try to match the size to the winner as close as we can.

kottila

Berksy said:

126? I still haven't passed 100. For some reason I score 60-70 in the first minute, but then I collapse completely.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
cr_blah_blah said:
I forgot to add the gaf part to your name when I thought I added you the other day, Dash. Proper friend request now sent.
Added.

Wario 64 said:
I just realized, won't the weekly scores reset during the challenge since we started mid week?

No, we found out on the previous challenges that the weekly leaderboard always show the scores from the last 7 days.
But it wouldn't matter anyway, 'cause I'll be sure to take screencaps of the scores 5 minutes before monday ;)

Berksy said:
do skill shots to add 3 seconds to your time.

Dash Kappei

Top 7
(listed as GC profiles so that if you want to check out the competition (!) you guys can send 'em a friend request)

1) numble 166
2) the m.o.b. 160
3) khanage 156
4) -pyromaniac- 146
5) crblahblah 142
6) pappakenoo 141
7) wario 64 140

Keio

For a Finer World
122. And it reminded me of last summer when I got burned out going for the high score right after the game came out and we had a competition with colleagues :)

Khanage

Dash Kappei said:
Top 7
(listed as GC profiles so that if you want to check out the competition (!) you guys can send 'em a friend request)

1) numble 166
2) the m.o.b. 160
3) khanage 156
4) -pyromaniac- 146
5) crblahblah 142
6) pappakenoo 141
7) wario 64 140

Oh Yeah!!! Number 3!!!

Zomo

Dash Kappei said:
Top 7

1) numble 166
2) the m.o.b. 160
3) khanage 156
4) -pyromaniac- 146
5) crblahblah 142
6) pappakenoo 141
7) wario 64 140

Added all :)
I'm hoping i'll get better haha

Kosh

For some reason the long haired defender looks like Tom Brady to me. I think my subconscious wants to keep hitting him with the ball.

Dash Kappei

Khanage said:
I’m surprised you’re not up there yet, Dash? You got a pretty high score in the all time rankings.
I've done 157 and 189 but the game keeps crashing me before sending the data to GC I guess, that's why I have no scores on the leaderboard lol

I know that I just need to hard reboot my iPad once and it'll be smooth again, but I always forget to do that before playing, ahah

Vagabundo

I've only played a few games but I'm hitting the 70's now. Steadily improving. It is quite a fun little game. Flick football is crap compared to flick kick football.

Fox1304

Aaaaand 184 for tonight.

Unlocked a new hidden achievement too :

" Multitasker "
Explode a passing mosquito on your screen between two goals.

Dash Kappei

methodman said:
Just sent a pm hopefully I can be added to the list soon
I guess you didn't properly read the rules section inthe op.
You don't need to be on the list, just friend me on game center.

Apocryphon

kottila said:
126? I still haven't passed 100. For some reason I score 60-70 in the first minute, but then I collapse completely.

Same. I get to 60-odd before the timer reaches 1:00 and then I start to struggle. My max is 96 so far :-(

punkypine

i'm a huge choker in this game. havent hit 100 yet. i'll hit 70 out of the first like 75 with like 30 special zones, and then just fall apart

Hi Dash. Just sent you a GC request. Is there something else I should do?

Btw, my record is 133 but it was a pain in the ass to get.

EDIT: just did 143!!!

Gaspode_T

68 is my highest from only a few tries, I can see how it is making rage moments but at least it has a little more varienty than Mr Ninja did. I am going to be playing through the normal modes of the game too just for fun, it will probably make you better at the end than just sticking to time trial

Dash Kappei

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: FLICK KICK FOOTBALL: DAY 1

BOOM! This is just the first day of the contest and we've already beaten Cananbalt's total number of participants. Just 5 people short of matching Mr.Ninja's number and there's a wjole week to just do that :)

#Current Results -69 players (score holders listed as Game Center profiles)

335237049.3920473ugo.jpg

335237161.76870218xt.jpg

335237311.146195ujez.jpg

335237386.7674986jr5.jpg

335237508.684194e8s6.jpg

335237855.468446b8gt.jpg

335237908.9094123ktd.jpg

Dash Kappei

LyleLanley said:
How come I'm not on that list?

If you're not on the list you either haven't played it since the contest has started OR you've played it minutes/hours before the contest started and your score was invalidated.
Or you've played it, but offline. There's no score-synch, you have to be online while playing for scores to register.

edit: or you've played it AFTER I've taken the screencaps :)
It takes TIME to do that, upload, post... Etc.

Dash Kappei said:
If you're not on the list you either haven't played it since the contest has started OR you've played it minutes/hours before the contest started and your score was invalidated.
Or you've played it, but offline. There's no score-synch, you have to be online while playing for scores to register.

edit: or you've played it AFTER I've taken the screencaps :)
It takes TIME to do that, upload, post... Etc.

Hmm, I played it today at work so I guess there's a good chance it didn't go through. Damn it!

Top Bottom