• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

kehs

Banned
Really sucks they're not even selling the GSM, there seems to be a few people that want to get them unlocked.

SimleuqiR

Really sucks they're not even selling the GSM, there seems to be a few people that want to get them unlocked.

Sigh... okay Verizon, I get it. I'm never getting this phone. I wish you would have just told me that at the outset.

At 20 something hours after receiving my Tuna all I can say is that I'm so happy I decided to import.

The longer Verizon takes to release this phone the longer their time exclusivity will last.

reKon

Banned
I really wish they were more competent about their LTE so that it would work well consistent rather than having these occasional nation wide issues. It just sucks since I wasn't planning on using LTE... I just want to the damn phone.

BigFwoosh

I really wish they were more competent about their LTE so that it would work well consistent rather than having these occasional nation wide issues. It just sucks since I wasn't planning on using LTE... I just want to the damn phone.

Same here. My signal sucks where I live, so 4G doesn't mean that much to me. I just want a phone that actually functions properly and will last for at least two years (I'm looking at you, Droid).

rabhw

I won a "small prize" from the Galaxy Nexus twitter contest! Challenge 7 poetry competition :)

Didn't win the phone, but they said they are sending me something small. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? What kind of stuff have they sent in the past for non-winners?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dear Google,

Never let verizon near another nexus ever again.

Ever.

Signed,

A big Android fan.

I won a "small prize" from the Galaxy Nexus twitter contest! Challenge 7 poetry competition :)

Didn't win the phone, but they said they are sending me something small. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? What kind of stuff have they sent in the past for non-winners?
I got one of those last year -- an Android-shapped cookie cutter. There was a Gingerbread theme; dunno what they're doing this year.

garath

Dear Google,

Never let verizon near another nexus ever again.

Ever.

Signed,

A big Android fan.

Really depends on the reason for the delays. If it's because they are practicing quality control, then I'm all for it. The last thing I'd want is to get a brand new $300 "cutting edge" phone only to have it riddled with bugs and have to wait for firmware updates for such an important tool in my life.

There's been far too many phone launches with numerous problems once it hits the streets. If a delay means less of that, then I'm for it.

SimleuqiR

Banky Edwards: Over here, we have Galaxy Nexus Prime Tuna LTE. Down here, the Galaxy Nexus GSM model. Over here, we got Santa Claus, and up here the Easter Bunny. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?

Holden: What is this supposed to prove?

Banky Edwards: No, I'm serious. This is a serious exercise. It's like an SAT question. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first? Galaxy Nexus Prime Tuna LTE, Galaxy Nexus GSM, Santa Claus, or the Easter bunny?

Holden: Galaxy Nexus GSM.

Banky Edwards: Good. Why?

Holden: I don't know.

Banky Edwards: [shouting] Because the other three are figments of your fucking imagination!

Pretty much.
Also, I'm no lawyer (Thank God) but:

Verizon’s Google Wallet Refusal May Be Violating Terms Set by FCC

Matt Wood, a Free Press attorney, says that the Verizon move may have violated a federal requirement forcing Verizon not to "deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice” on its network. The Federal Communications Commission attached the rule to spectrum licenses that Verizon bought in the so-called C block of spectrum three years ago.
"We think this could very well be a violation of the C-block conditions," Wood said. “When you have a powerful network operator, it can wield a lot of influence. But Google Wallet should be allowed to compete with Verizon.”

Druz

I've heard from mobile associates that the 9th is accurate so who knows.

Don't know why I'm anticipating this crappy phone. I'm going to get Buy Back with it so I can upgrade early if I need to.

gcubed

Only if its actively blocked. I thought Verizon said its simply not available on the market (for everyone, not just Verizon), but that they are not blocking it in any way.

verizon will have it blocked from being visible to their phones. Google just hasn't released it yet for the GNexus, which is why it doesnt show up yet.

Oozer3993

Why is this the one phone Verizon supposedly wants to be perfect and completely bug free before it's released? I might just wait for something else at this point.

Verizon's done this before. Don't you remember the Thunderbolt fiasco? Or the Bionic taking half the year to come out? And they may have done this with other phones, but weren't torpedoed by a million leaks before they announced the official release date.

alternade

You would think that all this alleged testing would have been done long before the phone was announced. Did Samsung send them to Verizon last week?

reKon

Banned
You would think that all this alleged testing would have been done long before the phone was announced. Did Samsung send them to Verizon last week?

That's what I would really like to know so I could know for sure to blame. I fucking come on now. They turned down the Galaxy S II for this so they KNEW that this phone would be coming for a while. The companies had all the time to plan and coordinate

Qatar

OOOOOOH YEAAAAAAH !!!!
IMG_20111207_190922.jpg

Beautiful screen, ICS surely is a huge difference
Face unlock worked about 95% so far
love the redesign and the changes of the core apps

the thing that I don't like so far, is for 4x4 widgets, there's lots of empty space around it and the widgets looks smaller than what I'm used to previously. and the search thing is not necessary at all, I know I can disable it, but it will just disappear and can't make use of that space, unfortunately.

How can I sync a contact with his twitter account manually? some contacts got synced and other didn't.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, just read that the entire LTE network is down? D:

thespot84

OOOOOOH YEAAAAAAH !!!!
IMG_20111207_190922.jpg

Beautiful screen, ICS surely is a huge difference
Face unlock worked about 95% so far
love the redesign and the changes of the core apps

the thing that I don't like so far, is for 4x4 widgets, there's lots of empty space around it and the widgets looks smaller than what I'm used to previously. and the search thing is not necessary at all, I know I can disable it, but it will just disappear and can't make use of that space, unfortunately.

How can I sync a contact with his twitter account manually? some contacts got synced and other didn't.

Dammit when are they gonna make a phone that takes pictures of itself!?

Top Bottom