• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

SimleuqiR

square.jpg

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/mod-for-ics-makes-square-folders/
Mod for ICS Makes Square Folders

Don't know. The circle folders have grown on me. I really don't see them as folders, but more like mini-launchers. Thus the circle shape like the actual launcher icon.

Salaadin

Dec 15th now? Really hoping this doesnt get delayed again.
I emailed Verzion and asked if they can bump up my upgrade date a few weeks so I can get the 50 dollar credit. They let me do this 2 years ago for the DInc so I hope they let it go.

Zeppu

Did you hit the menu button while in the calander app ? The three vertical dots on the top right . Then select "calanders to display"

??? My widget shows all the calanders selected.

Did that as well. Very strange. I dunno.

Edit: Apparently it just doesn't show full day events(?)

jakeellis01

Mine only shows one :( When I go into calendar it shows all of them though.

Did that as well. Very strange. I dunno.

Edit: Apparently it just doesn't show full day events(?)

After some intense testing here's what I got (and what your problem is):

- Widget shows all calendars which are ticked as displayed in the calendar app settings
- Widget doesn't show all day events (sucks for B'days & Pub Holidays)
- Widget only shows the next 6 day schedule... so if today is Tuesday... it only shows up appointments till Monday... etc....

So basically the current calendar widget will always show less schedules then your calendar agenda.. :/

gcubed

After some intense testing here's what I got (and what your problem is):

- Widget shows all calendars which are ticked as displayed in the calendar app settings
- Widget doesn't show all day events (sucks for B'days & Pub Holidays)
- Widget only shows the next 6 day schedule... so if today is Tuesday... it only shows up appointments till Monday... etc....

So basically the current calendar widget will always show less schedules then your calendar agenda.. :/

i'm pretty sure it only shows x number of events, and not a set amount of days. It only shows 2 days of my calendar, but its pretty full

garath

looking at the video of it, its pretty freaking large with the extended battery in.

edit. DAMNIT double post

Sure that's not just the LTE version in general? It's much thicker than the GSM version to begin with.

I look for awkward humps with extended batteries. Not seeing one here.

gcubed

Sure that's not just the LTE version in general? It's much thicker than the GSM version to begin with.

its not even a mm difference, that may compound the size, but it looks bigger then what i saw when i saw the GSM vs LTE profile shots. Although it looks to be a better solution to the weird hump that is usually accompanied by extended batteries, its just thicker

Circle T

0.57mm is "much" bigger? That is barely more than a 5% difference (6.4%, specifically).

Circle T

In this day and age, 0.01mm is a deal breaker. lolol
Personally, I think the Droid Charge is just about perfect. It isn't gigantic, but is has some nice solid heft to it. Sure, it could be a bit smaller, but when phones get too thin and light, they start feeling cheap to me. The LTE Nexus slotting in at a little thicker than a GS II, but a tad thinner than the Droid Charge, is just about right for me.

achapel

I just ordered a GNex from newegg. Are there any cases or accessories I should look into?

I have a Nexus One I'm going to hand down to my girlfriend.

gcubed

Personally, I think the Droid Charge is just about perfect. It isn't gigantic, but is has some nice solid heft to it. Sure, it could be a bit smaller, but when phones get too thin and light, they start feeling cheap to me. The LTE Nexus slotting in at a little thicker than a GS II, but a tad thinner than the Droid Charge, is just about right for me.

thats a nice personal justification there, whatever you need to do :)

The thin ass phone is awesome to hold and easy to slide in a pocket without additional bulk. It could still use a bit less width as well

Circle T

thats a nice personal justification there, whatever you need to do :)

The thin ass phone is awesome to hold and easy to slide in a pocket without additional bulk. It could still use a bit less width as well

I'm just saying, for me extremely thin and light isn't preferred. I currently have a GSII for work, and between that and my Charge, I like the size and shape of the Charge better. Ergonomically, I like that the Nexus also has that hump toward the bottom, like the Charge.

gcubed

I'm just saying, for me extremely thin and light isn't preferred. I currently have a GSII for work, and between that and my Charge, I like the size and shape of the Charge better. Ergonomically, I like that the Nexus also has that hump toward the bottom, like the Charge.

just busting your balls. If the phone is made right the thickness matters less. The RAZR doesnt fall in that category, its not made to be as nice to hold

Circle T

just busting your balls. If the phone is made right the thickness matters less. The RAZR doesnt fall in that category, its not made to be as nice to hold

This is true. A buddy of mine got one, and while yes, it is super thin, it just feels awkward in the hand. That and the screen is shit, which doesn't help.

I think there are reports of the extended battery fitting using the normal battery cover.

However, I'm not really sure the extended battery for the Verizon Nexus is worth it. 2100mAh vs stock 1850mAh. At $50, that's 5 mAh/$.

I think there are reports of the extended battery fitting using the normal battery cover.

However, I'm not really sure the extended battery for the Verizon Nexus is worth it. 2100mAh vs stock 1850mAh. At $50, that's 5 mAh/$.

Going purely on math..

If the battery lasts say 8 hours, a 13.5% increase in capacity will net you 1.08 hours of extra battery life. =/

TxdoHawk

"Fits" is a subjective term. Personally I am always uncomfortable when people do this with extended batteries, since they are smooshing a heat-generating block even tighter against the fragile areas of the phone, not a good idea IMO.

True, but I don't know if that's entirely a fair comparison. After all, you get that extra juice over x useful charge cycles, not just once.

Going purely on math..

If the battery lasts say 8 hours, a 13.5% increase in capacity will net you 1.08 hours of extra battery life. =/

That 9th hour could be what gets you through the last bit of a long, busy, heavy-use day. I don't think I'd immediately buy the extended, but if a year or so from now I think the stock battery is losing its capacity, I'd probably spring for this as a replacement.

crustikid

can someone post some screenshots of the google talk app? switching over from iOS and I want to see what new substitute to imessage i'll have.

Blackhead

Redarse
Don't know. The circle folders have grown on me. I really don't see them as folders, but more like mini-launchers. Thus the circle shape like the actual launcher icon.
eh, that requires a mod? Isn't there a theme manager to handle all that stuff? Anyway, where's the mod that integrates the individual browser tabs into the multitasking view?

I stopped by the Verizon store today and the clerk said "I think" December 15th. If there's still no final word two days beforehand, I have to wonder.

TxdoHawk

I still have one more 'new every 2' left, that applies at costco right?

Not 100% sure on this...I'm pretty sure these are just Authorized Retailer stands within a Costco though, so I am leaning toward yes. That said: If Costco is selling the GN on the 15th, Verizon stores will almost certainly be doing so as well.

Menelaus

Banned
Does anyone know if you can bill to an account from an authorized reseller? I tend to get all my gear from the retail stores so they can bill my company account.

lunchtoast

What's the best way to sell my old phones? I have 4 sitting around (My current OG Droid, Pay per month moto, boost mobile, 1 from Japan.) Could I exchange them if I went to a verizon store, or does anyone have experience with their online process? Or is a third party better.

WOW, JUST WOW. I had just canceled my order with vodafone because they were taking too long to deliver and had decided to go with GSMwijzer.nl which is selling it at 240 euros with the data plan that I wanted.

Just a couple hours later I found THIS http://translate.googleusercontent...._nexus&usg=ALkJrhjN6Q6VshDu1XO6Zywg3q0kADf-GQ

Phone House is having a christmas sale and are giving away the Galaxy Nexus for FREE with the one year contract data plan that I wanted! I just saved myself 240 euros!!!! YAAAAAY

Now with that money I will insure my phone (which I was not going to do due to the price)

Top Bottom