• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
I can't even pretend that I'm pissed off at Verizon. I have 5 people on a family plan with them, with contracts expiring at varying times, so I'm going to give them my money anyway.

*sigh* I feel like a little bitch.

I'm in the same boat as you; 3 on the family plan at various dates with one more to be added next year. But it doesn't preclude us from being pissed at Verizon... it's just we can't do anything about it. :(

thespot84

I'm in the same boat as you; 3 on the family plan at various dates with one more to be added next year. But it doesn't preclude us from being pissed at Verizon... it's just we can't do anything about it. :(

It's the principle of the whole thing. I know I'm going to get fucked by big red. I've accepted that. I would just appreciate a little lube along the way.

reKon

Banned
http://support.verizonwireless.com/simulator/Samsung/galaxy_nexus/#/GROUP_APPS

tumblr_lhnjec9ub81qzuxnmo1_500.png

oh beaten

TxdoHawk

that's not even a 4G phone!

I love 4G speed on the Clearwire access point I use for my desktop, and I can see wanting the extra speed on a tablet...but I gotta be honest, 3G serves me well for 99% of what I do on my Droid X. Highly dependent on what you do with your phone, of course. I don't blame Apple for sitting out on 4G until the power utilization is cut back further.

Oh my, oh my. The Phone House.nl changed their christmas deals and they no longer sell the nexus for free, now it's 289euros! haha The free deal has only lasted one day, good thing that I was quick! :)

I'm paying less for the phone with a 1 year contract than what the phone costs for free. Add to that that the phone is sim-free and without branding and bloatware... WOW, I am so fucking lucky sometimes.

gcubed

I love 4G speed on the Clearwire access point I use for my desktop, and I can see wanting the extra speed on a tablet...but I gotta be honest, 3G serves me well for 99% of what I do on my Droid X. Highly dependent on what you do with your phone, of course. I don't blame Apple for sitting out on 4G until the power utilization is cut back further.

i used a clearwire access point with my xoom, it has nothing on vzw lte

SimleuqiR

I can't even pretend that I'm pissed off at Verizon. I have 5 people on a family plan with them, with contracts expiring at varying times, so I'm going to give them my money anyway.

*sigh* I feel like a little bitch.

Once the phone is available on Verizon all this anger and lamenting will be forgotten.
Having the phone for over a week has null all my anger and frustration with the way Google handle this Nexus release. ICS is that good, believe me. And DAT screen is no slouch.

Now I have to concentrate my anger on other things.

gcubed

Once the phone is available on Verizon all this anger and lamenting will be forgotten.
Having the phone for over a week has null all my anger and frustration with the way Google handle this Nexus release. ICS is that good, believe me. And DAT screen is no slouch.

Now I have to concentrate my anger on other things.

until the LTE phone doesnt get an update that the GSM one does. Then shit will hit the fan all over again

I dont understand. Did Verizon pay for this US exclusive? How can they not care this fucking much? Its one thing to pimp the other phones they have a higher margin for, but to just sit on the android phone of the year and keep it quiet? Why bother with it at all then?

kehs

Banned
I dont understand. Did Verizon pay for this US exclusive? How can they not care this fucking much? Its one thing to pimp the other phones they have a higher margin for, but to just sit on the android phone of the year and keep it quiet? Why bother with it at all then?

They're dangling alot of tmo/att customers that would have bought this phone ages ago.

That's a win for them.

TxdoHawk

until the LTE phone doesnt get an update that the GSM one does. Then shit will hit the fan all over again

Shouldn't be a huge deal based on early showings from the dev community, the impression that I get is that it will be fairly trivial to port most changes in the GSM codebase to the LTE one. Anyone who can't wait for the official update will likely be able to quickly get their fix with a custom ROM.

gcubed

a quick thing thats been bothering me. When you reboot your phone, right before the lockscreen appears does it always say "Android is Upgrading..." ?

kehs

Banned
1, nice tag, 2, curious question, it happens on every reboot but its very quick. When i got the OTA it actually went through the apps (showed "1 of x applications", "2 of x applications")

That's cool, Android has always been really poor with showing visual feedback for what's going on. I'm guessing the upgrade thing is the standard system update checking that gets done in the bg.

An iPhone Lover’s Take On The Galaxy Nexus

...IT SUCKS. THE END.

But no, seriously...here is the article:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/14/iphone-galaxy-nexus-review/

I like how he got side tracked mid review:

like this. The iPhone home button wears down over time and it makes noise when you click it. (Of course, the Galaxy Nexus still has a wake/power button of the right side.) I hope Apple does something more inventive with the button if they choose to keep it in future iPhone hardware iterations. Perhaps a multi-touch top on the button that allows you to swipe between open iOS apps would make the continuation of the physical button worth it.

gcubed

thats because for all of the benchmarks, they used the ipad2 instead of the iphone4s "because its processor was closer to the galaxy nexus". The article right there isn't worth what the bits it consumes after that point

See a graph of the results below (note that they used an iPad 2 rather than an iPhone 4S for this test as the CPU is closer to that found in the Galaxy Nexus):

complete joke

Mafro

So it looks like you guys are getting it on the 15th? http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/14/2636566/galaxy-nexus-verizon-release-date

Finally, we know! Verizon has put an end to all the speculation and announced the release date and price for the LTE-capable, Ice Cream Sandwich-equipped Galaxy Nexus. It launches tomorrow, December 15th, and will cost $299.99 with a two-year contract.

About time, I'm glad we never had any of this shambles over here.

Cudder

I was playing with one at Best Buy, set up Face Unlock with my face, and the damn thing froze when I changed to a certain Live Wallpaper. I quietly put the phone down and left the store.

gcubed

I was playing with one at Best Buy, set up Face Unlock with my face, and the damn thing froze when I changed to a certain Live Wallpaper. I quietly put the phone down and left the store.

did you at least leave a picture of you there so people could unlock it?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol, "IT'S TOO BIG!!!" What a wimp.

Hehe it is a pretty big phone. I can see why he wouldn't be used to it coming from an iphone. Personally I find the iphone too be far too small. Even my Nexus one is a bit bigger screen-wise.

Top Bottom