• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to go to the Verizon store and play with this thing finally. Congratz to everyone with Nexus on their desk, in their pocket, or in the mail.

zoku88

Can't wait to go to the Verizon store and play with this thing finally. Congratz to everyone with Nexus on their desk, in their pocket, or in the mail.

Yea, I'll probably go to a verizon store over the weekend or somethingand play with one

And then wait for an unlocked GSM one that I don't have to import

jersoc

trading in razr for this tomorrow. will vzw care if i factory reset before bringing in my phone to trade? never done this. i would assume no.

Linkhero1

What's the best plan on Verizon? I really do not want to switch from Tmobile but I want the Galaxy Nexus.

Edit: How much is the unlimited plan monthly?

Aeana

LetsTalk.com will have the Verizon Nexus for $155 for new customers and $175 for upgrades at 12:01 Pacific tonight. If you're upgrading from an unlimited plan, be careful, as the default behavior is to switch you to a tiered plan. But you can change it back to Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature.

We usually go through Let's Talk and have never had any problems, but I'm actually a little worried since I definitely want to keep my unlimited plan and I'm not sure I trust a third party to get that transferred over, especially after horror stories I've heard about this particular thing (of which there are more in the comments on that site). Well, I'll have to wait a couple of days anyway so I'll see how it plays out.

EDIT: Hmm, actually it seems like it doesn't even matter, because apparently they'll charge you $50 to hold on to your unlimited plan and you can't use your "new every two" upgrade discount with this offer, so it'd only be a $25 savings in my case.

Sky Chief

What's the best plan on Verizon? I really do not want to switch from Tmobile but I want the Galaxy Nexus.

Edit: How much is the unlimited plan monthly?

There is no unlimited plan. For the holidays you get double data so you can get 4GB a month for $30 and $10 for every GB over. That is what I am going to get. I think you can also get 10GB for $50.

Linkhero1

There is no unlimited plan. For the holidays you get double data so you can get 4GB a month for $30 and $10 for every GB over. That is what I am going to get. I think you can also get 10GB for $50.

Hm I'm not too sure I want to switch now. I really want this phone :(

TxdoHawk

Greeeeat. I specifically called *611 earlier this evening, confirmed I could just call up at 1 am and order....and I call to find out support is closed for the night. I can't process my early upgrade online because apparently it's "manager-authorized" and has to be done over the phone. Oh well. Time to set an alarm for 6 am and sleep.

is insurance worth it? seems like $7/month plus $99 deductible if the phone breaks...really does not seem worth it.

well. if you lose the phone or it breaks physically....and you want another nexus, you are going to have to pay full retail for it. 650 full retail as oppossed to 99 dollar deductable + 7 a month....yea...insurance is a no brainer.

Greeeeat. I specifically called *611 earlier this evening, confirmed I could just call up at 1 am and order....and I call to find out support is closed for the night. I can't process my early upgrade online because apparently it's "manager-authorized" and has to be done over the phone. Oh well. Time to set an alarm for 6 am and sleep.

well, you can only do early upgrades in a store or over the phone. just goto the store in the morning and get at the store.

Hm I'm not too sure I want to switch now. I really want this phone :(

well, nows the time to switch if you were thinking about switching BECAUSE of the double data....and with that said, I doubt you would go over the "double" data often anyways. Check out your internet usage currently..I bet you dont go over 4gb often.

Also, I caved in and ordered this thing....damn....they better get NFL mobile working on this thing asap or I'm gonna be pissed.

Oozer3993

We usually go through Let's Talk and have never had any problems, but I'm actually a little worried since I definitely want to keep my unlimited plan and I'm not sure I trust a third party to get that transferred over, especially after horror stories I've heard about this particular thing (of which there are more in the comments on that site). Well, I'll have to wait a couple of days anyway so I'll see how it plays out.

EDIT: Hmm, actually it seems like it doesn't even matter, because apparently they'll charge you $50 to hold on to your unlimited plan and you can't use your "new every two" upgrade discount with this offer, so it'd only be a $25 savings in my case.

Thanks for the heads up. I got in on that LivingSocial deal for $50 so this deal would only be a $25 savings for me too, and I think I might be willing to pay that for peace of mind with the unlimited plan and simpler warranty claims.

well. if you lose the phone or it breaks physically....and you want another nexus, you are going to have to pay full retail for it. 650 full retail as oppossed to 99 dollar deductable + 7 a month....yea...insurance is a no brainer.

well, you can only do early upgrades in a store or over the phone. just goto the store in the morning and get at the store.

Yup. We've gone through three Droid replacements in my home, and the insurance is WELL worth it.

lunchtoast

Just ordered mine. What happened to free overnight shipping? Also got raped in CA tax. At least I'll have my new toy for the weekend!

I thought about getting insurance for this phone, but I've never broken or lost a phone, I'm always very careful. Will get a case eventually though, should be good enough.

I thought about getting insurance for this phone, but I've never broken or lost a phone, I'm always very careful. Will get a case eventually though, should be good enough.

well you got 30 days to add it if u want it. its worth it imo....the fact that you never broke or a lost a phone makes the odds against something happening to this phone even greater technically and statistically speaking.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
well you got 30 days to add it if u want it. its worth it imo....the fact that you never broke or a lost a phone makes the odds against something happening to this phone even greater technically and statistically speaking.

Yup, just grab it. I used to be in the 'never will happen to me' camp. Since summer, I have manage to drop it a few times, cracking the screen, and causing 5 big line across the screen. it was lost/stolen for a few days(person eventually gave it back).

Shakala

best buy has an insanely good warranty program and have a buy back program that is a win/win for contract people like me.
Buy back is nice, but verizons insurance is way better. Yes you have a 99 dollar deductible, but it also covers loss/theft and submersion

Husker86

Buy back is nice, but verizons insurance is way better. Yes you have a 99 dollar deductible, but it also covers loss/theft and submersion

I prefer the carrier insurance as well, but depending on who you are I can see Best Buy's as being a much better deal.

Also, doesn't Buy Back cost money? Is it really a better deal than selling on CL/eBay?

Blackhead

Redarse
Can the Bell and Virgin Galaxy Nexus be fully unlocked for fee? Is there any way to tell if the Galaxy Nexus is factory unlocked without breaking the seal on the box?

If you qualify for upgrade at discounted price, right now the Tuna is $250 as an upgrade straight from Verizon's site. No fucking around with LetsTalk.com on the official site, and YES, you can keep your unlimited data!

Goddammit...I shouldn't be spending more money after buying a TV...
Must stop spending money...
...ooh shiny.

:|

BrettWeir

That should be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, no?

Honestly not sure. I just took them into the store and they sent refurb replacements.

As for the Nexus, going tonight to replace my wife's Droid Inc, as it's the lead phone on the account. Praying they will let me upgrade as well. (My upgrade is scheduled for March)

Salaadin

For those that had the Galaxy Nexus for a bit: Do you guys have any case reccomendations yet? I havent held the phone so I dont know how fragile it is but Im probably going to want something to protect it.

garath

So Newegg and Amazon both have the phone for $250. But they list it as backordered. Newegg has overnight shipping and says 2-3 days to ship. Amazon has 2 day but says 8-9 days to ship. Not sure how accurate those numbers are.

I don't want to accidently lose my unlimited data either. It seems so strange. I'm half tempted just to walk into a Verizon store and pay the $60 premium just to guarantee I get the phone and it doesn't mess up my service.

So Newegg and Amazon both have the phone for $250. But they list it as backordered. Newegg has overnight shipping and says 2-3 days to ship. Amazon has 2 day but says 8-9 days to ship. Not sure how accurate those numbers are.

I don't want to accidently lose my unlimited data either. It seems so strange. I'm half tempted just to walk into a Verizon store and pay the $60 premium just to guarantee I get the phone and it doesn't mess up my service.

get it from letstalk.com!

it's $175 there with a coupon code, check earlier in the thread.

Beezy

I went to the Verizon Wireless site last night and the price came out to $250 with a 2 yr contract renewal for me.

Top Bottom