• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

reKon

Banned
Called a rep to find out about any additional discounts. He asked me about what phone I was looking to purchase and I told him. He did not know what the Galaxy Nexus was, lol.

He was like, "how did you find out about this? wow..."

I'm upgrading from a beat-up, forlorn-looking BlackBerry Pearl 8130. I expect nothing less than full-on whiplash in the first few hours post-switch.

Dinosur

My local Verizon store still has no idea. Will this thing be online at midnight est tonight if the15th its the real date?

Same here. I just called and Tiffany said she still hadn't heard official word. I'm like "Well I'm looking at the PR right now, sooooooo..."

I have to drive 1.5 hours to get there, only reason I'd like to know tonight.

Salaadin

Same here. I just called and Tiffany said she still hadn't heard official word. I'm like "Well I'm looking at the PR right now, sooooooo..."

I have to drive 1.5 hours to get there, only reason I'd like to know tonight.
I have to work tomorrow so making it to a store in the morning is hard. I'm worried they'll sell out by 5. Online is my best bet.

Edit: looks like I'm staying up! Thanks guys

Dinosur

I have to work tomorrow so making it to a store in the morning is hard. I'm worried they'll sell out by 5. Online is my best bet

I've had a roaming vacation day in the system for the last 3 months to go over and buy this stupid phone.

But yeah, if they're still being non-committal by closing time tonight, I'll either order online or see if I can sweet talk my mom into swinging by to pick it up since she lives a lot closer than I do.

Salaadin

I've had a roaming vacation day in the system for the last 3 months to go over and buy this stupid phone.

But yeah, if they're still being non-committal by closing time tonight, I'll either order online or see if I can sweet talk my mom into swinging by to pick it up since she lives a lot closer than I do.
Lol. I feel for you. I've only been interested in this phone for a week. 3 months for you? I have no room to talk :p

Good luck

Shakala

So in order to get this phone early, I'm buying it at full retail tomorrow and using myl upgrade in march to snag one of those free 4g phones from best buy to sell it at 300. Good plan, no?

So, if I were to buy an off-contract Nexus and unlock it, would it work with AT&T's 3G? I still don't quite get which bands work with what.

kehs

Banned
So, if I were to buy an off-contract Nexus and unlock it, would it work with AT&T's 3G? I still don't quite get which bands work with what.

Not the one that Verizon is selling. It's a different phone with the same name. You need to make sure you are buying the I9250x (GSM) and not the SCH-xxx (CDMA) variant.

reKon

Banned
So I want to have free wifi tethering...

I have the unlimited data plan. Will I need to root this thing when I get it? Thanks.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sigh. GSM version, please.

At least the Verizon version is $650 unlocked. That should be the ceiling for the GSM model. $500 GSM unlocked? PLZ

Feep

Banned
Boom! Called Verizon, asked about the phone...she said they only heard about it seven minutes ago. = )

I got them to charge my account for the three hundred. Just gotta show up tomorrow before 11 AM to pick it up.

Finally! /dance

If I show up at store opening I should just be able to walk in and buy one right? There isn't going to be a line or they're all going to be sold out because of purchasing online and picking up in-store (do they even do that?) right? I live in a city of 100,000 with one mall. It won't be a zoo will it?

sneaky77

If I show up at store opening I should just be able to walk in and buy one right? There isn't going to be a line or they're all going to be sold out because of purchasing online and picking up in-store (do they even do that?) right? I live in a city of 100,000 with one mall. It won't be a zoo will it?

You're probably ok..

i don't remember any android launch that had lines lol

I was just laughing at the fact people always ask gaf and believe it can't be wrong and then someone misses out. It happens so much every year in the black friday threads. Can I walk in at 2pm in still get a tv you think? I don't remember ever seeing lines either for android phones, at least by me.

thuway

So GAF, in an unfortunate incident, I just got myself a GSM version of Galaxy Nexus and have to let it go to pay some bills. Willing to help a GAFFer out before going out to Craigslist and the like.

inf3cti0n

Banned
Hello,

Been with the Big V for 7 years , still rocking a Droid X since launch and can't get an early upgrade. Have to wait until March :( Anyone know any tips or methods to get one of these cheaper than 650-800?

Verizon offered me an early upgrade on my X months ago. They probably got tired of me complaining about how much my phone crashed all the goddamn time.

However, because I bought a TV during Cyber Monday, I'm no longer in the market for a Tuna. My X has CyanogenMod on it now anyways.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hello,

Been with the Big V for 7 years , still rocking a Droid X since launch and can't get an early upgrade. Have to wait until March :( Anyone know any tips or methods to get one of these cheaper than 650-800?

I posted this a few pages back...my upgrade date was in april, but was told I could upgrade now for a $20 fee. Call them up. If anything, talk to a supervisor.

my only beef with the nexus is that you can't get nfl mobile on it....well you can but it doesnt work....

full flash isnt working on it yet because of ICS tho adobe says it will be out soon.

and lastly...the camera blows...

But its so fast and smooth.....Cant decide to pull the trigger or wait for the next latest and greatest....sigh

Top Bottom