• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Azzurri

Gold Member
two questions?

How do I check if I got a 16gig or 32gig, for got to check on VZw site when ordered.

Is there a Microsd card slot, or no?

garath

vzw is 32gb

edit... engadget review is up... pretty clear differences..

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/16/verizon-galaxy-nexus-review/

S3K9L.jpg

Sounds like that LTE love on the battery means I'm purchasing an extended immediately.

edit: hmm... verizonwireless.com isn't showing the extended battery. Must be out of stock :(

two questions?

How do I check if I got a 16gig or 32gig, for got to check on VZw site when ordered.

All Verizon is selling right now is the 32gig. There is no microsd card slot.

gcubed

two questions?

vzw only sells 32gb's, ano no microsd slot

Also, apparently if you buy the extended through Verizon you can get it for $25 after you add it to your cart. FYI for you VZW fellas

Do you think it's software related?

i think it is, its pretty common (bug)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there an extended battery for the GSM and is it as nice in thickness as the extended for the LTE?

Salaadin

So I got my phone, followed the directions, and activated but Im getting no 4G at all. Anyone have any ideas?
Im going to call Verizon in a second.

EDIT: There it goes

TxdoHawk

Phone arrived without a SIM card, but a quick trip to the nearest VZW store fixed that. Running great now, although I have the same issue of autocorrect not working on the Secondapps site and in the Facebook app everyone else does.

Davidion

Just played with a co-worker's GN and I'm already missing the dedicated menu button. Tried the market and absolutely hated reaching across the screen to get to the settings/app list.

Menelaus

Banned
Just played with a co-worker's GN and I'm already missing the dedicated menu button. Tried the market and absolutely hated reaching across the screen to get to the settings/app list.

I would agree. I'd much rather have the task switching button be the menu button, and have a long press of home bring up task switching.

hire me, google!

Davidion

I would agree. I'd much rather have the task switching button be the menu button, and have a long press of home bring up task switching.

hire me, google!

Everything about my phone customizations are based around ease of access through the bottom half of the screen; it's one of the reasons why I can't stand ios.

I hope custom roms are capable of modding in an extra button for those of us so inclined.

hire me, google!
f u, beeches. I'm loving the multi-tasking button.

And not relying on a menu button will encourage developers to give a shit about their apps' UI. I don't like having to constantly dig in menus to find commonly used functions. It's very Windows 95, and recognizing this is a big reason for iOS' success. So I support this move in ICS.

crustikid

Went to the Verizon store and complained about the 4G connectivity in store, and the guy behind the counter took my phone and I think he just pulled the battery/sim out and reset the phone. I seem to be able to connect to 4G better now than before.

Can anyone recommend an app that will give me battery percentage by the icon up on the status bar (ala iOS)? I've seen stuff like this: http://goo.gl/05EkC , but it adds another icon to the top. It's funny that the only time I can see battery percentage is if I'm plugged....

Azzurri

Gold Member
How can I change it where I can see when I have a text like, a pop up number 1, I know it lights up, but if I'm away from the phone and I get a text, so i can see, like a notification.

Also anyway to see the battery life in %?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Everything about my phone customizations are based around ease of access through the bottom half of the screen; it's one of the reasons why I can't stand ios.

I hope custom roms are capable of modding in an extra button for those of us so inclined.

That's crazy talk and poor UI. I hated having to dig in the menu button for everything. And one would never know when the menu button would do anything. For example, wifi advanced settings. How was I supposed to know the menu button would work in a menu? It doesn't always.

Verge review is up: Galaxy Nexus review (Verizon LTE)

Davidion

That's crazy talk and poor UI. I hated having to dig in the menu button for everything. And one would never know when the menu button would do anything. For example, wifi advanced settings. How was I supposed to know the menu button would work in a menu? It doesn't always.

Verge review is up: Galaxy Nexus review (Verizon LTE)

Nested menus always suck but that's something different altogether. There's no reason why advanced options and system functions can't be nestled together in a central area, especially if the alternative is different apps putting the exact same functions in different places. Encouraging devs to not use it as a crutch is a good thing, I agree, but it doesn't mean there isn't a good reason for it to exist.

gcubed

SimleuqiR

Social stream API in Contacts provider: Applications that use social stream data such as status updates and check-ins can now sync that data with each of the user’s contacts, providing items in a stream along with photos for each. This new API lets apps show users what the people they know are doing or saying, in addition to their photos and contact information.

Except for FB, right?

crustikid

I for one am excited to be hitting the weekend with this phone. Only some true quality time with it will I be able to decide what I think.

Nightz

Hmm, I'm not getting the 50% off the extended battery on Verizon's site. I added it to my cart and it's still showing $49.99. Is the deal over?

Azzurri

Gold Member
How can I change it where I can see when I have a text like, a pop up number 1, I know it lights up, but if I'm away from the phone and I get a text, so i can see, like a notification.

Also anyway to see the battery life in %?

Anyone?

Top Bottom