• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

garath

I was at 50% after 13 hours yesterday with the extended battery after a day of normal use and handing the phone around for people to play with. No 4g use.

That's good to hear. I turned off my 4G as well. Home and work I have Wifi so I don't really need it most times and it really saves the battery. I went 15 hours yesterday on the normal battery before putting it on the charger at 15%.

TxdoHawk

Yeah, as everyone predicted LTE just destroys this phone. I turned it off as well and my battery life has improved dramatically.I just wish there was a 4G widget...apparently changes in ICS mean it's not as simple to directly mess with network settings anymore.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone also choose a brightness setting instead of auto? I did it with my S too and I know it kills battery life by a ton, but auto's just not for me. Keep it slightly under half and it looks nice.

Menelaus

Banned
Anyone also choose a brightness setting instead of auto? I did it with my S too and I know it kills battery life by a ton, but auto's just not for me. Keep it slightly under half and it looks nice.
Yeah, auto is about 20% darker than i'd want. Sometimes it just randomly increases the brightness in the same conditions, which is kind of annoying too.

Mordeccai

So the other day I was playing some games and the phone randomly rebooted. Thought it was weird, but shrugged it off.

Just now, my phone was plugged into my laptop and I was putting some music on it, and when I went to go into my phone settings it turned off and rebooted again.

What gives? Anyone have the same problem? My phone is completely stock. Not even an unknown source app installed.

Mafro

How the hell do I move photos and videos I've taken from the phone to my laptop via USB? I can't find them anywhere.

EDIT: never mind, found it.

Hmmm... every time I try to download any sort file through the browser I get a message saying the download was unsuccessful because it was interrupted as soon as it hits 100%. Its happened with two different files. Can someone here try to DL something through their browser and let me know what happens?

Blackhead

Redarse
Hmmm... every time I try to download any sort file through the browser I get a message saying the download was unsuccessful because it was interrupted as soon as it hits 100%. Its happened with two different files. Can someone here try to DL something through their browser and let me know what happens?

Same with mine; i tried downloading an Android ROM from multiupload and it just wouldnt work. I installed Firefox and the download worked fine from there. i've had the same problem when using the Gingerbread browser too. Sometimes it works on PDFs and thr like but at other times for large downloads it just craps out.

gcubed

Same with mine; i tried downloading an Android ROM from multiupload and it just wouldnt work. I installed Firefox and the download worked fine from there. i've had the same problem when using the Gingerbread browser too. Sometimes it works on PDFs and thr like but at other times for large downloads it just craps out.

i just downloaded an apk off of the internet without an issue. (10mb)

kehs

Banned

Do you have a file manager installed? I think it craps out if you don't have an app capable of handling the mime type.

Blackhead

Redarse
Are there 'undo' and 'redo' commands in ICS?

i just downloaded an apk off of the internet without an issue. (10mb)

I think it's the source site that's my problem. Google's browser just doesnt like the way rapidshare, megaupload etc serve up files or they are screening it for some reason. Firefox always works so i dont mind too much. If someone could recommend a proper download client i'd be happy to download/buy it instead.

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok, as much as I bitched about the size of this thing, I bit the bullet and got it (720p screen was too good to pass up). Now this is a Bell phone and I'm using it on Mobilicity, everything works fine but I constantly get an error when I try to download apps from the Android app store on my data connection. I remember someone saying that you need to delete some setting to fix this, any help?

kehs

Banned
Ok, as much as I bitched about the size of this thing, I bit the bullet and got it (720p screen was too good to pass up). Now this is a Bell phone and I'm using it on Mobilicity, everything works fine but I constantly get an error when I try to download apps from the Android app store on my data connection. I remember someone saying that you need to delete some setting to fix this, any help?

Settings > Apps > Market > Clear Cache, Clear Data.

TxdoHawk

Looks like the rumors were true:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/19/verizon-confirms-galaxy-nexus-signal-strength-issue-says-a-f/

Well, there's good news and bad. Per usual, we'll kick it off with the latter. The LTEified version of the Galaxy Nexus has signal problems. Or, more specifically, a "signal strength issue." According to Verizon Wireless' Support account on Twitter, the issue is currently being investigated, and while there's no ETA at the moment, a software update is "being developed" to remedy it.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of impact this update has on battery life.

thespot84

My GPS almost never locks on. I'm using gps status and it can't see a single satellite. I've made sure gps is on and running, cleared gps data etc etc and nothing. Anyone have similar issues?

3phemeral

Woo, just got mine and this is a beautiful device. Upgraded from a D2.

So far, issues I've had are:

Apps: "Missed it" seems to be missing the option to change text color. The field for that option is missing.

SwitchPro crashed while I was setting up a widget, but hasn't happened since the first time.

Device: Rocketfish Blutooth headset: Works fine for phone calls, but the audio isn't being sent to the headphones. The music plays on the device, but there's no audio. I've also tried Amazon's cloud player and I have the same issue.

Battery: Drains fast/ I'm glad I ordered the extended, but I hope it's a significant improvement over the current one.

---

Now, can anyone recommend any skins for this phone? I gather the extended battery will make any current case problematic, so I'll settle for a silicon skin. My D2 was tough as heck, but I'd rather not put it through the same wear-and-tear, so as sexy as this device feels, I'm not going nude with it.

thespot84

Woo, just got mine and this is a beautiful device. Upgraded from a D2.

So far, issues I've had are:

Apps: "Missed it" seems to be missing the option to change text color. The field for that option is missing.

SwitchPro crashed while I was setting up a widget, but hasn't happened since the first time.

Device: Rocketfish Blutooth headset: Works fine for phone calls, but the audio isn't being sent to the headphones. The music plays on the device, but there's no audio. I've also tried Amazon's cloud player and I have the same issue.

Is there a choice to enable the audio gateway service for the headset? I think it's called 'Media' under profiles if you go into the settings for the device.

garath

My GPS almost never locks on. I'm using gps status and it can't see a single satellite. I've made sure gps is on and running, cleared gps data etc etc and nothing. Anyone have similar issues?

Mine locks on instantly. Even in my house! My DroidX used to take 1-5 minutes to lock on.

Edit: also on the bright side, with LTE turned off and light use today (45m of screen time), I'm at 79% battery for 9.5 hours. That's much more in line with what I expect out of the phone.

yesterday I had a keep awake problem where the phone never went into a real sleep and only got 12 hours out of it with moderate use. I force stopped the camera and it fixed the keep awake issue for me. Along that lines I decided to ditch the face unlock. It was silly anyways.

I loved that on my N1. Urge to unnecessarily upgrade at full retail or from Craigslist rising.

Orange and green aren't enough on my Thunderbolt.

thespot84

if anyone here happens to use cisco vpn for work or something, just found out that ICS supports it out of the box. What took me a solid 12 hours to figure out on my transformer took just a minute on the tuna. So happy right now (sans my gps issues)

yanhero

Didn't work, there was something else...since this is bell phone, there's some other setting that needs to be deleted I believe.

From my understanding, other than the Verizon version, all other international GSM versions are stock. I got mine from Bell in Canada as well and am using it on Fido just fine.

Top Bottom