• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

blitz64

Buy the nexus. Any phone coming out in a month or 2 for Verizon has already been announced at CES already. Nothing in the next few months will be much better. Most likely be the similar to the Nexus.

It's easy to see a "texture" effect on solid colors (gray in Market comes to mind). A lot of people have commented that it looks like paper.

But we better not mention the screen anymore before some people start going crazy.

The thing that really sucks about it is that its not consistent from device to device. Some device come out of the factory worst than others.

Zeppu

Don't know where to post this, but can someone try something out for me. Non-US only. (or people who use dd/mm/yyyy date format)

Take a picture, share to Google+ immediately (don't wait for instant upload).

Go to G+, photos, "Photos from your post"

I got this:

KVCzv.png

Check the dates. Bleh.

tfur

So anyone order from Expansys here? I am debating on if I should get one of these. I would get the GSM version, but need a reputable place to order from. I am in the U.S.

Also, does the N1 sim card fit in this?

SimleuqiR

So anyone order from Expansys here? I am debating on if I should get one of these. I would get the GSM version, but need a reputable place to order from. I am in the U.S.

Also, does the N1 sim card fit in this?

Same standard sim card for both (no micro nonsense)

I ordered my Tuna from Expansys. No issues. Just don't know how they handle warranty repair issues - I hope to never find out.

Aesius

Finally took the screen protector off that the dude in the Verizon store put on the day I bought my Nexus.

Holy hell. The screen looks SO much better. No fingerprints at all and so much easier to read. Me gusta.

dankir

Rogers has changed my device reservation to "In Progress" now should be getting my Nexus Soon. I'm upgrading from an iPhone 3G.

CAN'T. FUCKING. WAIT.

For those of you buying larger batteries, which one are you getting? Should I stick Samsung ones or get a 3rd party one off of eBay.

I would get 3 days of standby on my 3G not ready to bring that all the way down to a day with the Nexus lol.

rabhw

Can someone with the phone confirm, I think I'm losing my mind:

On the lockscreen, is there supposed to be a black bar at the bottom (where the software buttons will be when you unlock)? And then when you unlock, the buttons fade in?

I swear the lockscreen was "fullscreen" before, now there's that bar at the bottom. I could be on crack.

SimleuqiR

Can someone with the phone confirm, I think I'm losing my mind:

On the lockscreen, is there supposed to be a black bar at the bottom (where the software buttons will be when you unlock)? And then when you unlock, the buttons fade in?

I swear the lockscreen was "fullscreen" before, now there's that bar at the bottom. I could be on crack.

There is a blackbar (for the on screen bottoms). You are not on crack, unfortunately.

gcubed

Don't know where to post this, but can someone try something out for me. Non-US only. (or people who use dd/mm/yyyy date format)

I got this:

KVCzv.png

Check the dates. Bleh.

lol, thats awesome

thespot84

I got this:

KVCzv.png

Check the dates. Bleh.

Looks like yhet screwed up between us and international dating. On the bottom its 12/01/12 in international, which the top reads ads dec 1. Check again tomorrow, itll either break ( no month 13) or be correct

goldenpp72

They haven't gone over $199 for a phone yet, and the only option will be 16 GB, so I would guess $199.

The epic 4g was 250 for awhile, but yeah probably 199. I'll be using amazon mobile if possible to handle my upgrade since it will likely be cheaper, also wasn't it confirmed to be 32 gigs for the nexus?

andycapps

The epic 4g was 250 for awhile, but yeah probably 199. I'll be using amazon mobile if possible to handle my upgrade since it will likely be cheaper, also wasn't it confirmed to be 32 gigs for the nexus?

You're correct, I was posting based on some old info I read. The actual Sprint page shows it's 32 GB.

Zeppu

Looks like yhet screwed up between us and international dating. On the bottom its 12/01/12 in international, which the top reads ads dec 1. Check again tomorrow, itll either break ( no month 13) or be correct

Yep that's what I'm gonna do. Already reported in the App's group. Silly Google.

tfur

Same standard sim card for both (no micro nonsense)

I ordered my Tuna from Expansys. No issues. Just don't know how they handle warranty repair issues - I hope to never find out.

Welp... I just ordered one from there...

So, I should just be able to put my N1 sim card in, but I will need to call to have them update my account for higher network speed access?

SimleuqiR

Welp... I just ordered one from there...

So, I should just be able to put my N1 sim card in, but I will need to call to have them update my account for higher network speed access?

What do you have now? What carrier? With T-mobile I was already under an "Android" plan and the phone automatically was able to run on their pseudo 4G network (the icon on the phone will display an "H" versus a "3G" one when connected to the faster network).

You might not need to call anyone if your Nexus One was already on a data plan.

gcubed

to use the APN's on ATT that many post here and XDA i needed the HSPA unlimited data on my account, it took all of 45 seconds when i walked into an ATT store for them to change my account and give me a new sim card.

tfur

What do you have now? What carrier? With T-mobile I was already under an "Android" plan and the phone automatically was able to run on their pseudo 4G network (the icon on the phone will display an "H" versus a "3G" one when connected to the faster network).

You might not need to call anyone if your Nexus One was already on a data plan.

Yes, I think I may be good. I have an N1 on t-mobile. Had it since N1 launch.

I guess I will find out soon, it already "shipped" according to Expansys, and I did the 1 day shipping!

I hope I like this phone... I think I will miss my metal rounded flint stone Nexus One...

NH Apache

Banned
So I've been trying to use the NFL app for the past week and it is required to use the stupid Verizon login app.

Every time I try to sign in, it says service unavailable. Soooo frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

So I've been trying to use the NFL app for the past week and it is required to use the stupid Verizon login app.

Every time I try to sign in, it says service unavailable. Soooo frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this same issue when trying to use My Verizon Mobile. Check your apps list to make sure you didn't disable it (which is what I did), but if not, then you can dl it here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable

Yes, incredibly lame that LOGGING IN is a separate app... and that's pretty much it, hah.

NH Apache

Banned
I had this same issue when trying to use My Verizon Mobile. Check your apps list to make sure you didn't disable it (which is what I did), but if not, then you can dl it here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable

Yes, incredibly lame that LOGGING IN is a separate app... and that's pretty much it, hah.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still getting no response from the server.

Uninstalled, re-installed and nothing.

Running GummyNex if that helps, but shit man. This sucks. I also double check to see if I had any data blocking on it, but I don't.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I had it last night. Worked this morning. Give it time.

Husker86

Thanks for the help, but I'm still getting no response from the server.

Uninstalled, re-installed and nothing.

Running GummyNex if that helps, but shit man. This sucks. I also double check to see if I had any data blocking on it, but I don't.

You need to flash a zip that someone on Rootzwiki made to get VZ apps working.

Here's a link to it in my dropbox Clicky, it installs the login/MyVZW app as system apps I think. Whatever it does, it worked for me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You need to flash a zip that someone on Rootzwiki made to get VZ apps working.

Not true. You can download it off of the Market. Just search for Verizon and you'll find the app. Seems like Apache already has the app. It's just a log in issue. I had it last night, like I said.

SimleuqiR

so after a bit of time, it seems that 4.0.2 has solved my Gnex airplane mode bug. Freaking annoying as hell.

• Optimized Mobile Hotspot when used with VPN.
  • Optimized 3G/4G data sessions for faster response times.
  • Fixed an incorrect notification that “data was disconnected due to roaming”.
  • Wi-Fi now automatically reconnects when returning to a known Access Point.
  • Improvements to special visual effects feature when using front-facing camcorder.
  • Visual improvements to the lock screen.

I'm already seeing better battery life due to the optimized 3g/4G data sessions.

gcubed

• Optimized Mobile Hotspot when used with VPN.
  • Optimized 3G/4G data sessions for faster response times.
  • Fixed an incorrect notification that “data was disconnected due to roaming”.
  • Wi-Fi now automatically reconnects when returning to a known Access Point.
  • Improvements to special visual effects feature when using front-facing camcorder.
  • Visual improvements to the lock screen.

I'm already seeing better battery life due to the optimized 3g/4G data sessions.

it started becoming more annoyinig lately but my phone would just shut off its radio and wouldn't let me turn it on without a reboot. Hasn't happened since the update

so after a bit of time, it seems that 4.0.2 has solved my Gnex airplane mode bug. Freaking annoying as hell.

Holy crap, I got my nexus yesterday and after one hour with it i had the airplane mode thing, I guess. I was with no signal and it would tell me i was in airplane mode when I wasn't. Is that it? Hope it doesn't happen again.

EDIT: I see, same thing. Sucks. My nexus says I don't need an update :/

Husker86

Not true. You can download it off of the Market. Just search for Verizon and you'll find the app. Seems like Apache already has the app. It's just a log in issue. I had it last night, like I said.

You're on Gummy too? A lot of people on custom ROMs said simply downloading it wasn't working for them. I honestly can't remember if I tried that or not, I just know it wasn't working and I saw someone made that flashable .zip and made a thread about it and it worked.

gcubed

Holy crap, I got my nexus yesterday and after one hour with it i had the airplane mode thing, I guess. I was with no signal and it would tell me i was in airplane mode when I wasn't. Is that it? Hope it doesn't happen again.

Yup same thing. It woukd never come out of it without a reboot. So far so good though.

thespot84

try dialing #*#*CHECKIN*#*#

it's no guarantee but can speed things up if you're slated for an updated anyways...

NH Apache

Banned
You're on Gummy too? A lot of people on custom ROMs said simply downloading it wasn't working for them. I honestly can't remember if I tried that or not, I just know it wasn't working and I saw someone made that flashable .zip and made a thread about it and it worked.

Flashed that zip on the advice of Bo but no luck. I'll look into it a bit more tonight and see if I come up with something. Thanks for the help anyways.

Bboy AJ

Yup, Gummy. It's working for me. Strange how it works for some and not for others.

Morts

So apparently you can't use a touch tone system with this phone? I just tried my pharmacy's automated prescription refill line and it wouldn't register anything correctly. I Googled around and saw I'm not the only one having trouble. I even tried changing the DTMF setting from Normal to Long and back again.

Bboy AJ

Fucking phone is boot looping now. Randomly. I wonder if it's the Franco. I changed nothing from an hour ago.

NH Apache

Banned
Fucking phone is boot looping now. Randomly. I wonder if it's the Franco. I changed nothing from an hour ago.
What Franco are you running? I'm on 9.02 and not having issues...

So apparently you can't use a touch tone system with this phone? I just tried my pharmacy's automated prescription refill line and it wouldn't register anything correctly. I Googled around and saw I'm not the only one having trouble. I even tried changing the DTMF setting from Normal to Long and back again.

Why would calling voicemail and entering a pin work but not a pharmacy?

Bboy AJ

What Franco are you running? I'm on 9.02 and not having issues...

It was 11 and I just updated it to 12. Still not booting up. Where do I get the original gummy kernal back from?

I was running gummy and Franco on the tuna, was buggy. I think project kang milestone 2 is much more stable. Also I tried bixies and its seem very stable too.

Top Bottom