• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

clav

16gb only. No mention of speeds. I'd assume the 1.5ghz was just the mistake placeholder that the phone got everywhere. Sprint loses out on the 32gb phone as well? For its 4 markets.

Im struggling with 32GB. 16 is a deal breaker. Google music doenst work for me. Chews up battery and with sprints spotty 3g ill be lucky to have my music all the time. Local only for me.

Page has been corrected.

32GB Galaxy Nexus for Sprint

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:galaxynexus

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Edit:

Just looked around and found Gummy Nex 5.0. I'm about to install it now, thanks.

Would you happen to have a guide for Franco Kernel #11 please ? I'm not sure also what you mean by dalvik cache.

Much appreciated.

Just flash Franco the same way you do a ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1422956

Wiping dalvik is an option in the Recovery. It's under Advanced, I think.

blitz64

This phone has been great so far. I'm finally selling my old 3g phone so there's no going back and returning the nexus.

My favorite feature so far is the big screen. I'll probably get an even bigger screen for my next phone.

Ice cream sandwich is just okay. I used android 1.6-4.0 and they all feel the same. It's the apps and browser that is most important.

over a month now and I still love my galaxy nexus.

I still really love the curvature of the phone and the display. It's just a really nice combination and feels great in the hand.

4.03 is much smoother overall than 4.01 or 4.02.. especially with the recent apps list..

I think I'll be good with this device for a while.

Noirulus

I want to upgrade after 8 months. I can't imagine being on a 3 year contract

And us canadians have to pay like, $400 if we want to upgrade a phone halfway through a 3 year contract. Of course, with the new upgraded phone, you are tied to a new3 year contract once again as well.

zoku88

And us canadians have to pay like, $400 if we want to upgrade a phone halfway through a 3 year contract. Of course, with the new upgraded phone, you are tied to a new3 year contract once again as well.

Couldn't you just pretty much buy a new phone out of contract for that price? (or close to it)

Maybrick

Neo Member
Posted this on the google support page but not sure if any of you guys can help or suggest an app/workaround.

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Nexus the other day and played around with the Face Unlock which I love but then I setup my Exchange emails for work on it. This obviously means I can only use a PIN or Password. I remember when I had my HTC Desire I downloaded an App that meant I could get round the same issue so I could use the pattern.

Does anyone know of any apps that will let me still use Face Unlock whilst having Exchange running?

TxdoHawk

What is the best App to test 3G download speeds?

I borrowed a Galaxy S 2 from my job, and am looking forward to get my hands on the Nexus!

Speedtest.net has a free, simple, no-frills app. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use an alternative (if they even exist).

gcubed

Speedtest.net has a free, simple, no-frills app. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use an alternative (if they even exist).

the FCC has one, but speedtest is better (not sure if it tests to US only places as well, i'd assume it is a limitation)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't know if it's because I'm on the gummy ROM or just being on 4.0.3 but the phone is MUCH smoother and less laggy now. It could also be because of a fresh wipe.

RS4-

I want to get the 32GB GSM but man, it looks like that might be another $150 on top of the regular 16.

I may have to play around with the Note instead and see if I'd rather have that.

clav

Welcome sprint users. The LTE phone that is always in 3g mode. :)

Sprint is using 1800mhz for lte? Um.. ouch

What?

Sprint will initially use 1900 MHz for LTE, which is the same spectrum in the current CDMA signal.

800 MHz LTE (advanced) will be in 2013.

gcubed

What?

Sprint will initially use 1900 MHz for LTE, which is the same spectrum in the current CDMA signal.

800 MHz LTE (advanced) will be in 2013.

then thats better, if they want to stay a viable competitor continuing service on a high frequency band is less then ideal. If its only temporary until they are fully ready to decom their IDEN network, then ok

Posted this on the google support page but not sure if any of you guys can help or suggest an app/workaround.

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Nexus the other day and played around with the Face Unlock which I love but then I setup my Exchange emails for work on it. This obviously means I can only use a PIN or Password. I remember when I had my HTC Desire I downloaded an App that meant I could get round the same issue so I could use the pattern.

Does anyone know of any apps that will let me still use Face Unlock whilst having Exchange running?

Buy and use Nitrodesk's Touchdown app for your Exchange email/calendar/contacts/etc. instead, and you'll be able to use Face Unlock. It's a fantastic app for work stuff.

kinggroin

Banned
I don't know if it's because I'm on the gummy ROM or just being on 4.0.3 but the phone is MUCH smoother and less laggy now. It could also be because of a fresh wipe.

Its 4.0.3/gummy/new kernel

Even suped up 4.0.2 rom suffers from lag and glitches the way a stock GN does

kehs

Banned
I always see you guys saying this but is it really that much of a performance difference?

Also will the sprint nexus only have 3g and lte or will it be wimax compatible too?

Realistically? No, Not a huge difference or even anything worth mentioning outside of benchmarks.

daoster

So after waking up late for work these past couple of days...I have come to a conclusion...the alarm sounds on the Nexus sucks..and the volume on the speakers suck, especially compared to my Incredible.

Any tips on having a louder, more annoying alarm?

Cartman86

Banned
I'm so tempted to go to Gummy Rom. Is it hard to get back to stock if I want to take a stock upgrade that Google pushes out someday?

Received my nexus today, finally! Amazing phone, although I have to say that the screen is not as good as I was expecting. The pentile display certainly makes gradients look funny (why would they place them all over ICS?) and viewing angles are not so good (greenish tint already at 30 degree angles).

Google Music is ammmmmaaaaaaaaazing!

I'm so tempted to go to Gummy Rom. Is it hard to get back to stock if I want to take a stock upgrade that Google pushes out someday?

Very easy to go back to stock. I don't even see the benefit of going back to stock in the first place.
Most rom developers use leaked source from google so most are running 4.0.3 ...I feel sorry for people who still on 4.0.1 and waiting...

Cartman86

Banned
Received my nexus today, finally! Amazing phone, although I have to say that the screen is not as good as I was expecting. The pentile display certainly makes gradients look funny (why would they place them all over ICS?) and viewing angles are not so good (greenish tint already at 30 degree angles).

Google Music is ammmmmaaaaaaaaazing!

I've been curious if this is like a 3D thing where some people see it and some don't. The viewing angles aren't great, but I don't notice gradient thing. Any examples? I'm curious to see it.

Owensboro

So Google Nexus GAF,

What's the verdict on this phone? My Droid Incredible contract on Verizon (USA) is up in the next 3 weeks and I'm looking to either A) jump in and upgrade to this phone or B) wait it out a month or two to see what's coming down the pipeline.

Is there anything coming out soon that could trump this phone?

Having read through this thread a lot, it seems that the general consensus is that it's a great phone, but doesn't really blow anyone away that had a decent phone to begin with. Is this correct or am I just reading the wrong posts?

The kicker to getting this phone at the moment is that it will supposedly receive updates much more often then any other Android phone because it's directly supported by Google. Is this also true, or just a marketing tale / hearsay?

Cartman86

Banned
So Google Nexus GAF,

What's the verdict on this phone? My Droid Incredible contract on Verizon (USA) is up in the next 3 weeks and I'm looking to either A) jump in and upgrade to this phone or B) wait it out a month or two to see what's coming down the pipeline.

Is there anything coming out soon that could trump this phone?

Having read through this thread a lot, it seems that the general consensus is that it's a great phone, but doesn't really blow anyone away that had a decent phone to begin with. Is this correct or am I just reading the wrong posts?

The kicker to getting this phone at the moment is that it will supposedly receive updates much more often then any other Android phone because it's directly supported by Google. Is this also true, or just a marketing tale / hearsay?

I love it, but I came from an OG Droid, so yeah...but getting updates so quickly is a key thing for me too. If we go by the Nexus past updates this will pan out for up to 2 years. Who knows after that.

Husker86

I've been curious if this is like a 3D thing where some people see it and some don't. The viewing angles aren't great, but I don't notice gradient thing. Any examples? I'm curious to see it.

It's easy to see a "texture" effect on solid colors (gray in Market comes to mind). A lot of people have commented that it looks like paper.

But we better not mention the screen anymore before some people start going crazy.

Top Bottom