• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's working again now. I had to wipe the data. I have no idea WTF happened. Now I have to redo everything. What a pain...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nanoid backup. I always back up before trying out a new rom. But its a pain because it takes so long to back up and restore with gnex.

Yeah, I did that this time around after getting everything set up properly. The thing is, the Nexus just randomly rebooted last night and then wouldn't boot again. I changed nothing. I should have made a clean back up after getting it all set up. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm staying on stock for now and waiting patiently for official 4.0.3. Judging from now long official 4.0.3 has been delayed, I think Google and Samsung are trying to solve a LOT of issues with this update. I'm expecting a new baseband at this point, the LTE Tuna has a lot of the same signal issues the Droid Charge had back during it's launch, and Samsung are probably moving the fixes for the Charge (which uses the same Samsung 4G + Via 3G radio combination) over to the Tuna.

kinggroin

Banned
Had to ditch gummy v5 and go back to CM9 kang. Gummy after version 3.8 (went from that to 5) became too inconsistent performance wise (still loads better than stock). I would have stayed on 3.8, but I was missing my notification power controls. So far CM is basically gummy 3.8 with more options.

Franco 12 kernel btw. Still rocks (may mess around with color controls later).

Forsete

Got the 4.0.2 update to my tonfisk yesterday.

Btw, any downside in forcing GPU acceleration on 2D applications? I noticed that Adobe Reader was freaking out, dont know if it was due to the GPU-thingy.

Loving my tonfisk!

gcubed

Got the 4.0.2 update to my tonfisk yesterday.

Btw, any downside in forcing GPU acceleration on 2D applications? I noticed that Adobe Reader was freaking out, dont know if it was due to the GPU-thingy.

Loving my tonfisk!

it does mess up some applications

thespot84

it does mess up some applications

This. Things will render in the bottom left 1/4 of the screen and not work. Happened to me with scoutmob, I emailed support and they had me turn acceleration off. Right now I have it left off for the sake of compatibility. It'd be nice if that's something tasker could change on an app by app basis, but that's probably a pipe dream.

reKon

Banned
We will get something that's amazing and definitely stable for sure months from now. These things just take time. For now there are already very good alternatives for stock, but nothing is bug free yet. Still it's better than what Google gave us for 4.0.2. Like someone said earlier, I hope that 4.0.3 ends up being a huge upgrade from Google and that they finally solve the Android OS/Wake time issues.

Regarding the MHL cable, it works fine. There were some times when the screen would go blank but the audio stayed on, but I think it had to do with the plug not being completely plugged into the electrical socket/a loss connection, but everything was stretched out. It played fine after I corrected the issue.

I stopped being stubborn and I got this case: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065PGWQ0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's very good and they've fixed all the issues with it. You can put on the extended battery and it should still fit. Check on youtube to see how the revision 3 case looks on video.

Menelaus

Banned
Naked is waaaaay too slippery on the G-Nex. Was perfect on the DX.

I just ordered that case, I've been cursing this Verizon rubber one from day one.

I just got the GSM model. Any tips for battery life optimization?

project kang milestone 2 + franco kernel.

14 hour with 2 hours screen on time and I have 48% left on the battery. Smooth and stable...I don't use facebook.

Any one have any tips to make to volume louder?

tried volume+ and DSPmanger but not much diffrence...

Also, anyone tried the ColorControl on franco kernal 12?

pretty cool feature but don't really know what value to put on RGB..

14 hour with 2 hours screen on time and I have 48% left on the battery. Smooth and stable...I don't use facebook.

Ive had a terrible experience with flashing ROMs. I bricked my nexus s and it wouldnt even go to fast boot. Anything i can do on a stock 4.0.1?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Hi GAF,

I got a Galaxy Nexus from a Google employee in Ireland and I've noticed that the battery cover has a different design from the Nexus reviews and photos I've seen on the web so far.

Its got a matte finish with all the Android symbols on it like phone, sms, people, etc..

Anyone got a battery cover like it?

sCgZ9.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hi GAF,

I got a Galaxy Nexus from a Google employee in Ireland and I've noticed that the battery cover has a different design from the Nexus reviews and photos I've seen on the web so far.

Its got a matte finish with all the Android symbols on it like phone, sms, people, etc..

sCgZ9.jpg

You lucky dog. Those are rare and only for google employees.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I think its pretty terrible. It looks like a Louis Voutton bag.

mingus

I won the nexus s last year from google and we got the custom back cover, but this year the galaxy nexus gsm I won just has the normal cover.
seOX3.jpg

MercuryLS

Banned
Hi GAF,

sCgZ9.jpg

Damn you got lucky, I'm sure you could resell that phone on ebay for a tidy profit.

RS4-

I live across the street from a mall that has more than 10 different cell phone shops and I'm pretty sure I've seen quite a few custom plates. I'll check again when I pick up the phone.

reKon

Banned

I'm going to try your setup now. I haven't had many bugs (other than the deep sleep issues and wifi not turning off when sleeping), but I'm for anything that makes battery life the best possible and is still very smooth with no bugs.

I was able to get 41 hours with moderate usage on 3G. Let's see if this combo will beat that

PARANO1A

I use 2, 0, -5 for my rgb offsets. Looks nice.

Love AOKP and Franco combination... Very good battery life and nice and smooth.

reKon

Banned
I use 2, 0, -5 for my rgb offsets. Looks nice.

Love AOKP and Franco combination... Very good battery life and nice and smooth.

I have AOKP milestone and Franco #12.

For some reason the options in the setting menu that I had before disappeared.. Was it moved? (like setting the governor and using setCPU).

I wiped everything, flashed to milestone 2, then franco on top of that..

EDIT: nope still don't know if anything went wrong

Cudder

Does anybody get a weird texture effect on solid colours (mainly white/grey) on the GN in low light conditions as well as low brightness? Like the background in the messaging app should be pure white, but instead it kinda looks like, paper or something?

mingus

I hope the universe balances this out and makes sure he never wins ANYTHING again. Not even games
:(
Does anybody get a weird texture effect on solid colours (mainly white/grey) on the GN in low light conditions as well as low brightness? Like the background in the messaging app should be pure white, but instead it kinda looks like, paper or something?

I see this too, most apparent when I'm scrolling down a webpage with black text and a white background. It's like there's a texture stuck on the screen, but I guess that's indicative of pentile?
don't hurt me

rozay

Banned
:(

I see this too, most apparent when I'm scrolling down a webpage with black text and a white background. It's like there's a texture stuck on the screen, but I guess that's indicative of pentile?
don't hurt me
It's not the pentile effect, it's the physical texture of the AMOLED screen I believe.

Bboy AJ

Look at close up shots of pentile and you'll see the green tint.

PARANO1A

I have AOKP milestone and Franco #12.

For some reason the options in the setting menu that I had before disappeared.. Was it moved? (like setting the governor and using setCPU).

I wiped everything, flashed to milestone 2, then franco on top of that..

EDIT: nope still don't know if anything went wrong

Kernel Settings has stuff like RGB offsets, etc.

You're looking for "Overclock Setings" (from memory) which has governor/frequency settings.

Top Bottom