• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

SUPARSTARX

is anybody having issues setting up Exchange mail on their phone?

I get this "No certifications found" error, it tells me I can install one from a PKCS#12 file or some crap. I have no idea what that is and I didn't have to do this on my Samsung Vibrant.

Keyouta

It's time for you to join the rooting side and watch your battery life improve. It could be the case that your battery just sucks, but I can definitely tell you that a good rom + kernel will leave you pleased.

Snip

Therefore, battery life usage seems almost identical to when I was using gummynex, but I think the performance is better due to less bugs and operating smoothly.

So do you recommend that specific rom and kernel? Also, since this is my first android phone, I haven't been keeping up with how to unlock the bootloader and install said roms and kernels. Any good, simple guides on how to do this?

thespot84

Same here,

It's probably where the CPU/GPU is located.

i could roast an egg on my OG droid where the CPU was located...

is anybody having issues setting up Exchange mail on their phone?

I get this "No certifications found" error, it tells me I can install one from a PKCS#12 file or some crap. I have no idea what that is and I didn't have to do this on my Samsung Vibrant.
save yourself the headaches and grab touchdown from the market. Interface is a little rough but the functionality is bested only by windows phone for mobile activesync support.

Recon

Banned
Is there a time frame for the sprint version? I get an upgrade in march, and I desperately need a new phone(I have a Samsung Moment, barely works) and would like to get this. But if this isnt out I will most likely go with Iphone 4s.

SUPARSTARX

i could roast an egg on my OG droid where the CPU was located...

save yourself the headaches and grab touchdown from the market. Interface is a little rough but the functionality is bested only by windows phone for mobile activesync support.

I messed around with it. Adding through Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Corporate removed that prompt for me.

Still, I'm not sure what the deal is with the SSL certificates. It seems that it must be installed from external sources.

So I figured out that light flow is adding ridiculous amounts of CPU wakeup because of its monitoring. Like 4hrs / 9 hrs uptime.

Any alternative to controlling the LED? I really miss my Blackberry's amazing notification light. I'm going through withdrawl here lol

And before everyone suggests I tweak the settings, I had it set up this way:

All notifications the same color (red)
Turn off notifications after 15 mins
Notify latest only

So I figured out that light flow is adding ridiculous amounts of CPU wakeup because of its monitoring. Like 4hrs / 9 hrs uptime.

Any alternative to controlling the LED? I really miss my Blackberry's amazing notification light. I'm going through withdrawl here lol

And before everyone suggests I tweak the settings, I had it set up this way:

All notifications the same color (red)
Turn off notifications after 15 mins
Notify latest only

Howd you figure that?

Cartman86

Banned
After installing Gummy or Franco is anyone having issues with the Gamefly or Movies (Flixster) app telling you you have "No Network Connection." It tells me to please verify the settings. I can cancel the prompt and I actually don't have any connection issues. The Flixster app will work fine. Gamefly boots me out if I don't "fix" it. Also my file explorers used to let me connect to the local network, but after the new rom flash (i'm guessing) they won't connect.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Had another gummy 5 Franco 12 crash where my phone would boot loop. Data won't restore. I have to start from scratch. What the hell is up with data not restoring? CWM says error loading data.

kinggroin

Banned
Had another gummy 5 Franco 12 crash where my phone would boot loop. Data won't restore. I have to start from scratch. What the hell is up with data not restoring? CWM says error loading data.

Since you're back at square one, I'd suggest moving from gummy to aokp open kang. Milestone 2 or nightly 17 (the former is the latest stable release, the later has a quad lock screen and better power management).

Franco 12 is still a go.

tfur

Been rocking the GSM Nexus since Saturday. Very nice, very nice battery life. I got 2 updates back to back when I first booted.

I get a minimum of 5 Mbps, but usually around 10Mbps down. Face unlock has been near flawless. The screen is beautiful, and I was surprised that it did not feel as large as many made it seem. Picked up the LiteFlow for LED color control, I will buy the full version.

The phone is so slick, I almost feel like a dick whipping it out and using it...

HawkeyeIC

Got nova launcher installed and am loving it. Currently on Milestone 2 AOKP, but am really being tempted by the 4 icon unlock screen. It's really the only thing I can think of to make this phone better right now...other than a new camera

Karish

My girlfriend got this.

Loves the phone, hates the terrible reception in our apartment. Had zero problems with her last Verizon Droid...

Husker86

Hell, I would. The guy seems to be describing a day where he really didnt use the device and yet it was all the way drained by mid day. That is defective to the max.

I meant defective in the sense that the hardware/battery is physically messed up. I doubt that's the case.

kehs

Banned
Seido outdoes verizon in fattening up the GN (3800mah):

3800-battery1.jpg

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/1...h-galaxy-nexus-battery-your-tank-has-arrived/

Blackhead

Redarse

I'll take it! My biggest problem with the GNexus is the battery life. I use it so damn much and while the standby time isnt so bad, the screen time is pretty poor.

By the way, what's the easiest way to configure the GN to use a different screen brightness whenever plugged in and the switch back when on battery power. I tried Tasker but wasn't liking the notifications... ajy other way?

kehs

Banned
I'll take it! My biggest problem with the GNexus is the battery life. I use it so damn much and while the standby time isnt so bad, the screen time is pretty poor.

By the way, what's the easiest way to configure the GN to use a different screen brightness whenever plugged in and the switch back when on battery power. I tried Tasker but wasn't liking the notifications... ajy other way?

Llamma has some an unplugged/plugged charging condition, and a screen brightness action, give that a shot.

-----

Google Wallet/Verizon/FCC Related:

An open letter to the FCC was promptly dispatched by Barbara van Schewick, a professor at Stanford Law School and Director of the Center for Internet & Society.

The letter urges the FCC to investigate Verizon’s blocking of the app, as it appears to contravene FCC Service Rules which prohibit standards that block specific devices or applications or “other services that compete with wireless service providers’ own offerings”. For example, Verizon and AT&T’s new mobile payment application slated for launch next year, ISIS, which will be in direct competition with Google Wallet.

http://engineadvocacy.tumblr.com/po...n-google-wallet-and-the-lte-network-agreement

snack

An iphone 4 user here with some questions:

Is carrier unlocking for this phone done via passcode? Similar to blackberry and its imei code and whatnot. I hate how in order to unlock iPhones, you gotta jailbreak first.

If I get the phone from Rogers, will there be a Rogers emblem somewhere on the phone? iPhone's never had this if I recall, slick move!

To any iPhone users that recently changed over to the GN, how are you liking the experience so far? Honestly, I was never a big fan of the phone but I recently saw the face unlock commercial on YouTube and was like ongwrfbbq'ing for a good five minutes.

Thanks!

kinggroin

Banned
An iphone 4 user here with some questions:

Is carrier unlocking for this phone done via passcode? Similar to blackberry and its imei code and whatnot. I hate how in order to unlock iPhones, you gotta jailbreak first.

If I get the phone from Rogers, will there be a Rogers emblem somewhere on the phone? iPhone's never had this if I recall, slick move!

To any iPhone users that recently changed over to the GN, how are you liking the experience so far? Honestly, I was never a big fan of the phone but I recently saw the face unlock commercial on YouTube and was like ongwrfbbq'ing for a good five minutes.

Thanks!

GSM model has zero branding. Just get a sim from the carrier of choice and away you go....like the iPhone.

Face unlock is a cute gimmick. It works, but much like Siri, after a few uses you want to skip the novelty and fluff and just get straight to it.

snack

GSM model has zero branding. Just get a sim from the carrier of choice and away you go....like the iPhone.

Face unlock is a cute gimmick. It works, but much like Siri, after a few uses you want to skip the novelty and fluff and just get straight to it.

Does the GN use sim or micro sim?

Keyouta

Okay, so, awesome, I managed to fuck up. I installed the kernel before the rom and I realize now the kernel was only for 4.0.3. It is stuck in the boot screen. I can still get in to CWM, so how do I go about fixing this?

kehs

Banned
Okay, so, awesome, I managed to fuck up. I installed the kernel before the rom and I realize now the kernel was only for 4.0.3. It is stuck in the boot screen. I can still get in to CWM, so how do I go about fixing this?

reflash the rom from recovery.

Keyouta

The rom isn't on the device, but on my PC. Smart, right? Is there a way to flash to stock with the toolkit?

I'm downloading the stock from google, so I probably can recover using it, correct?

I have a hollow spot under the back cover right where the google text is. Annoying as hell when I put it down and the camera top half touches down first causing a non-solid feeling vibration and hollow sound to reverberate. Am I the only one?

kehs

Banned
The rom isn't on the device, but on my PC. Smart, right? Is there a way to flash to stock with the toolkit?

I'm downloading the stock from google, so I probably can recover using it, correct?

Are you using CWM? You should be able to connect the device and mount it as a usb device through CWM. Then just drag drop.

Keyouta

Okay I seem to have gotten it fixed. Thanks, guys.

However, now, I got the rom installed on the device first, then installed the kernel. I then done a reboot of the system and it seems to be stuck on the "Kang" loading screen.

Just remove the battery and turn it on again, or what?

reKon

Banned
Okay I seem to have gotten it fixed. Thanks, guys.

However, now, I got the rom installed on the device first, then installed the kernel. I then done a reboot of the system and it seems to be stuck on the "Kang" loading screen.

Just remove the battery and turn it on again, or what?

it takes a long time for the first boot. How long have you waited?

First boot of any new rom can take a while.

In addition, depending on the instructions provided with the rom (usually the first post of the forum thread you found it in) If you didn't do a factory reset before booting a new rom, it can cause hang ups.

10 minutes is too long, imo.. it should have been done within 5..

kinggroin

Banned
About 10 minutes, I guess. How long is it supposed to be, generally?

Did you do it like this:

Wipe data and cache
Install rom
Install gapps

Reboot phone and do first time setup - important!

Reboot to clockwork

Install new kernel

Reboot back to home screen.

Your done.

Top Bottom