• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

womp

Uh...Does Light Flow really affect the battery for you guys? I haven't seriously noticed but I have had it installed day one...Hmm.

gcubed

Im saying i dont get why these custom rom battery life postings are supposed to be impressive. The stats i posted are stock and pretty much the same. Basically agreeing with Oozer that I get that kind of battery life from stock.

Also I believe you misunderstood the post by gcubed, I think he was stating what I was questioning, saying that it's not overly impressive the battery stats you/others have posted from custom roms. Correct me if i'm wrong gcubed.

bolded my notes about screen on time just in case you meant me. 1st set was 3h11m 2nd set I didn't remember to take the picture of that screen, but I think it was 2h or so

yeah, but again, you can speak better to the LTE version, but those numbers for the GSM version are normal on stock

So who else has a Galaxy Nexus that has discoloration on the screen (half my screen has a red tint, the other half has a green tint, it's not very noticeable at full brightness though) and a shit tonne of "mura" (that banding effect, mostly just on greys and dark colours with low saturation)?

Also, a single lowly stuck pixel (it's not a huge deal though)

These three things combined do frustrate me enough.

SimleuqiR

So who else has a Galaxy Nexus that has discoloration on the screen (half my screen has a red tint, the other half has a green tint, it's not very noticeable at full brightness though) and a shit tonne of "mura" (that banding effect, mostly just on greys and dark colours with low saturation)?

Also, a single lowly stuck pixel (it's not a huge deal though)

These three things combined do frustrate me enough.

WOW. Return that sucker!! Sorry to hear that.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hate the battery life on this piece of shit.

Did anyone else buy a phone from the dailysteals deal? my phone was out for delivery this morning but about 2 hours later the status changed and said they requested it to be sent back to them. Im not sure how to contact them. Their phone just tells you to email them, the online help never has anyone replying and they haven't answered my email.

kehs

Banned
Did anyone else buy a phone from the dailysteals deal? my phone was out for delivery this morning but about 2 hours later the status changed and said they requested it to be sent back to them. Im not sure how to contact them. Their phone just tells you to email them, the online help never has anyone replying and they haven't answered my email.

I ordered within the last hour of the deal and it came in yesterday. I sent a message online last week through their online help and they sent a generic reply like three days later.

Check the xda thread in the galaxy nexus section, I think someone posted a way to get in touch with them.

The battery life on mine is fine. Check your battery history and make sure that the cpu isn't awake while you're not using the phone. I had a problem with that and I turned off location services, rebooted, turned on location services and it now the phone can last longer than 6 hours.

Also for the Canadians in the room, does anybody know what I can do as far as my screen situation goes with the Rogers Plus store which I bought it from? Do they allow straight up exchanges? I know they have a 15 day return policy if you made less than 30 minutes of calls, but it didn't say jack as far as exchanges go.

Emily Chu

Banned
I hate the battery life on this piece of shit.

Which is why I am reluctant to upgrade to any 4G phone for that matter when I get like 48-70hr Battery life with my Droid X and extended battery via 3G

Can you turn off 4G on the Nexus and use only 3G or is it 4G only ?

I ordered within the last hour of the deal and it came in yesterday. I sent a message online last week through their online help and they sent a generic reply like three days later.

Check the xda thread in the galaxy nexus section, I think someone posted a way to get in touch with them.
From everything I read, its pretty much impossible to contact them. Not sure what to do now.

Cudder

The battery life on mine is fine. Check your battery history and make sure that the cpu isn't awake while you're not using the phone. I had a problem with that and I turned off location services, rebooted, turned on location services and it now the phone can last longer than 6 hours.

Also for the Canadians in the room, does anybody know what I can do as far as my screen situation goes with the Rogers Plus store which I bought it from? Do they allow straight up exchanges? I know they have a 15 day return policy if you made less than 30 minutes of calls, but it didn't say jack as far as exchanges go.

30 days from point of purchase. Yes they do straight exchanges. I exchanged mine for what i thought was a gps problem (something they couldnt test in store) and after a bit of hassle they still let me exchange it.

You can exchange it as many times as you want within 30 days.

kehs

Banned
Is this an OLED issue or the patented Samsung quality control?

It's similar to the Nexus S that was fixed with a software update that included color correction.

I think they just don't bother tuning in the hardware/software.

I haven't seen an OLED screen handle greys immaculately, and image quality tends to degrade when you start lowering brightness, but that aside, the image quality on my Nexus One was perfect other than being pentile and wvga.

I have all three nexii in front of me and the N1 has the best white point. It has a fantastic screen.

30 days from point of purchase. Yes they do straight exchanges. I exchanged mine for what i thought was a gps problem (something they couldnt test in store) and after a bit of hassle they still let me exchange it.

You've been super helpful, thanks.

Is this an OLED issue or the patented Samsung quality control?

I haven't seen an OLED screen handle greys immaculately, and image quality tends to degrade when you start lowering brightness, but that aside, the image quality on my Nexus One was perfect other than being pentile and wvga.

Ashes

Banned
Will be part of the nexus gaf from saturday. I suppose I should thank this thread. :p

Quick question:

*sim size? I have a normal sim, will I need one of those smaller sims?
*Transferring sim contacts, should I presume its not a headache transferring from a nokia 5800?
*book reading apps: is ibooks there? or going to be there soon? what are the best reading apps? how is reading on the screen?

Thanks in advance!

JoeFu

Banned
Got mine yesterday from the Dailysteal thingy. Pretty happy with it. The phone is just soooo sexy especially when compared to the N1.

Loaded up google wallet on mine and got those 10 free dollars :D

kinggroin

Banned
How does this work? I feel like I'll adjust to it after using the phone but text editing on an iPhone (which I was great at for 2 years) feels like such a pain in the ass now when I can just move my thumb from the keyboard to the trackball right below on my N1 :( less is not always better

When the cursor is displayed (by tapping editable text), use the rocker for fine adjustments.

SimleuqiR

When the cursor is displayed (by tapping editable text), use the rocker for fine adjustments.

This doesn't work for me on any text input. Is there some setting you have to turn on somehwere?

You double tap a word to edit, and it gets highlighted with a rocker on the left of the word and another on the right. Then on top you get a menu selection "Paste - Replace".

On stock.

Screenshot_2012-01-19-13-30-05.png

kehs

Banned
You double tap a word to edit, and it gets highlighted with a rocker on the left of the word and another on the right. Then on top you get a menu selection "Paste - Replace".

On stock.

Screenshot_2012-01-19-13-30-05.png

That's exactly what I meant.

Yea, king's talking about the volume rocker.

Dayam Amoled is really inconsistant...I don't have a slight greenish tinge at all...maybe pinkish?

I would exchange it. Seem like alot of people are not happy with the screen.

It's not horribly green, on par with the Nexus S really. plus there's no exchanges with dailysteals. heh.

Hmm I called the store, they said that I would need a ticket number from technical support in order to exchange the phone. Called technical support and they were unable to help me without having a rogers account.

lunchtoast

So I rooted last weekend and installed gummy and franco 12. Last night I installed aokp build 19. I was wondering if anyone on cdma is using the power saver option? It mentioned stability problems. Is this also the same as the 1% battery mod?

also wtf at the pink unicorn at startup, haha.

Husker86

So I rooted last weekend and installed gummy and franco 12. Last night I installed aokp build 19. I was wondering if anyone on cdma is using the power saver option? It mentioned stability problems. Is this also the same as the 1% battery mod?

also wtf at the pink unicorn at startup, haha.

Anything in AOKP that you noticed you like better than Gummy? I've been fine with Gummy but for some reason want to switch.

So, I chose to wait for the GS3 for the improved hardware but that Galaxy Nexus design just keeps calling to me; I just love it and I'm guessing the GS3 is gonna be more in lieu with the Galaxy line of products (who's design I'm kinda meh on -- not really a fan of the faux iPhone look).

Anyways, are you Nexus guys experiencing any problems in regards to performance? I saw a few videos of the Nexus browser stuttering like mad but those were all pre-4.0.3 vids, are most of the performance issues fixed?

Maybe I should wait until the Nexus 4 comes out lol.

Top Bottom