• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

dankir

Specifically about youtube videos. Even when I play them with the HD mode on they are several compressed and pretty low quality.

I've tried a bunch and there's tons of artifacting and I haven't really watched any yet that were clear / crisp.

Is it because I'm visiting the youtube mobile site? Or is it just the source material? I've watched a bunch of 1080p trailers and still pretty gross.

NXrOL.jpg

Husker86

Specifically about youtube videos. Even when I play them with the HD mode on they are several compressed and pretty low quality.

I've tried a bunch and there's tons of artifacting and I haven't really watched any yet that were clear / crisp.

Is it because I'm visiting the youtube mobile site? Or is it just the source material? I've watched a bunch of 1080p trailers and still pretty gross.

Why aren't you using the app? HD YouTube videos look great for me.

zoku88

Just got my Nexus today. Upgrading from a G2x.

Currently installing my second system update (to 4.0.2, the other version had this pretty weird letter number combination.)

zoku88

OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but.. aren't the GSM Galaxy Nexus's supposed to come with Google Wallet?

I can't find it on my phone or in the market...

EDIT: wait, the online site says its incompatible with T-mobile. WTF? I'm going to try taking out my SIM.

kehs

Banned
OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but.. aren't the GSM Galaxy Nexus's supposed to come with Google Wallet?

EDIT: wait, the online site says its incompatible with T-mobile. WTF? I'm going to try taking out my SIM.

You have to side load it, and you have to make sure you're on a US network. There's an apk on xda. I'd post a link, but meh.

Oozer3993

No version of the GN comes with Google Wallet. The Nexus S 4G is the only phone that is currently supported officially. But like Copernicus said, there's an .adk you can sideload.

zoku88

You have to side load it, and you have to make sure you're on a US network. There's an apk on xda. I'd post a link, but meh.
Ok, I'll just do that.
No version of the GN comes with Google Wallet. The Nexus S 4G is the only phone that is currently supported officially. But like Copernicus said, there's an .adk you can sideload.

Huh, didn't know. It seemed to be an advertised feature, so I thought the it was already on the ROM.

kehs

Banned
So you can install Google Body on this, if you have it installed on a tablet as well. Otherwise it won't show up in the market.

dat frag.

Crazyorloco

ok people what the heck is Google body? :p

ill be joining you galaxy nexus folk when it arrives on Sprint. hopefully it's soon. I would just get a Galaxy S 2 , but I really want that galaxy nexus screen. how does the camera quality compare to Galaxy S 2?

SUPARSTARX

I missed the conversation on the Android OS draining more than everything else.

Is this normal on Gummynex? Got Franco kernal along with it.

12%2B-%2B1

Husker86

I missed the conversation on the Android OS draining more than everything else.

Is this normal on Gummynex? Got Franco kernal along with it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jRBQSie4w0g/Txs-gOKkrpI/AAAAAAAAARs/IgvfK3FWUFs/w282-h500-k/12%2B-%2B1[/IM][/QUOTE]

Which Franco kernel? I just flashed Imo's 1.7.1 because Franco 13.1 seemed to be hurting my battery life.

kehs

Banned
Apparently there's a bug in 4.X where AndroidOS adds wake time instead of subtracting wake time leading to an overestimate of usage.

With that said, I haven't come across it.

Husker86

Apparently there's a bug in 4.X where AndroidOS adds wake time instead of subtracting wake time leading to an overestimate of usage.

With that said, I haven't come across it.

It's always one of the highest for me. I can believe it being a bug as my battery life isn't as terrible as one would expect based on the usage it shows.

JoeFu

Banned
Anywhere with those paypass things I think.

Also a quick question, how cone autocorrect and stuff isnt working when on this site?

JoeFu

Banned
Dang... got a scratch on my screen by the recent apps button. Not sure how I already got one, its only been in my pocket that has nothing in it.

I don't think I ever went without a screen protector on any device that worth a few hundred bucks. Having a scratch free screen help with the resale value if you decide to sell and buy a new phone. I kept the screen photector with the nexus logo till I was able to put a real screen protector.

Tik-Tok

Can anyone get Twitch TV working in the browser on this phone? I can't get it to work at all, theres just a beige box wherever the stream should be.

Any apps that are recommended that would allow for watching Twitch TV?

Sorry this is my first android phone, moving over from the BlackBerry world.

Can anyone get Twitch TV working in the browser on this phone? I can't get it to work at all, theres just a beige box wherever the stream should be.

Any apps that are recommended that would allow for watching Twitch TV?

Sorry this is my first android phone, moving over from the BlackBerry world.

try Stream Viewer from the market. There are a lot of streaming apps, but I haven't tried many. That one seems to work for me.

I don't think I ever went without a screen protector on any device that worth a few hundred bucks. Having a scratch free screen help with the resale value if you decide to sell and buy a new phone. I kept the screen photector with the nexus logo till I was able to put a real screen protector.

Why would you want a screen protector for gorilla glass?

Because that stuff still scratches. It's scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Plenty of my friends with iPhone 4/4s have had scratches from being in their pockets or being put out on tables. It's really strange, but I suspect it is because of grains of sand/pebbles finding their way into pockets and scratching the screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uk9-yLxQgA&t=4m29s

WHERE ARE YOUR GORILLA GODS NOW?!

JoeFu

Banned
The "scratch" I have is very very very minor. I can't even tell its scratched when the screen is on. My N1 had a small scratch in the middle of the screen and that never bothered me, I'm not going to sweat over it, still just a bit disappointed that I got it scratched within 4 days of owning it.

because the galaxy nexus cost almost 700 bucks....if the next big thing come(GS3) I would be able to sell the Gnex for a decent price if it doesn't have scratch on the screen. A screen protector is less than 20 bucks, so I think that's a wise enough investment that will gain me an extra 100 bucks more if I sell it.

The Tuna doesn't use Gorilla Glass. It's some kind of reinforced glass, but whatever it is, it's not Corning's authentic glass product. I've heard several reports of the screen getting scratched so I put a screen protector on mine. I use the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic, I had the Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my X and it was perfectly transparent and scratch-proof so I went with Steinheil again for my Tuna.

Top Bottom