• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
i don't know why people use screen protectors or lock their windows, etc... closed windows on a house look so tacky and ruin the beauty.
Your house comes with Window Locks. If you had to go to Home Depot and buy an absurd bright colored plastic cover for your windows.. yeah, it would look tacky and ruin your beautiful home.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I ditched screen protectors, bumpers, etc. like six years ago when I realized I was using my iPod a ton more when I took that stuff off just because it was so much more comfortable to tote around.

I can see how people might have different priorities than me though.

giga

Gorilla Glass still scratches, as much as people say otherwise. Usually they're hairline scratches from grinding particles that are only visible in angled light, but keys can definitely add to that. Dropping your phone on hard surfaces can also easily scratch it. If you resell your shit, it protects its value.

Spend more than .04 cents on a screen protector for your $700 phone then, because there are loads of premium screen protectors that are barely noticable and do zero damage to your phone.

Truth. Only cheap screen protectors and those anti glare ones that may reduce quality of the screen. Otherwise premium screen protectors are barely noticeable and it may even help with finger prints and the feel of the screen.

Gorilla Glass still scratches, as much as people say otherwise. Usually they're hairline scratches from grinding particles that are only visible in angled light, but keys can definitely add to that. Dropping your phone on hard surfaces can also easily scratch it. If you resell your shit, it protects its value.

Truth. Its like a very cheap insurance to keep its value.

A TPU case cost like less than 10 bucks too...I usually just use it when Im outside.

But anyways....for the galaxy nexus tuna ..

Is there a better rom/kernal combo than AOKP m2 + Franco kernal? Its my rom of choice due to stability/performance/battery life.
Gummy was buggy.
bigxie was ok.
ARHD is on 4.0.2.
the rest of the other roms was subpar....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's only a $700 phone. Stop being cheap asses. If it scratches, it's not like you're breaking the bank when buying another one.

womp

Truth. Only cheap screen protectors and those anti glare ones that may reduce quality of the screen. Otherwise premium screen protectors are barely noticeable and it may even help with finger prints and the feel of the screen.

Truth. Its like a very cheap insurance to keep its value.

A TPU case cost like less than 10 bucks too...I usually just use it when Im outside.

But anyways....

Is there a better rom/kernal combo than AOKP m2 + Franco kernal? Its my rom of choice due to stability/performance/battery life.
Gummy was buggy.
bigxie was ok.
ARHD is on 4.0.2.
the rest of the other roms was subpar....

Not interested in kernels...But I just put my first Nexus ROM on this evening after sitting back and waiting for the dust to settle (Wasn't sure I wanted one after almost two years of nursing a Droid X with its custom ROMS).

So far I am completely digging it. Love the little tweaks and mods to ICS.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14735-romaosp403-codename-android-114-fully-open-source011812/

Yeah, there's probably some cool screen protectors out there that you can buy that don't ruin the phone; I've only had experience with the shitty cheap ones my family members/friends put on their phones.

I still don't really feel the urge to put anything on my phone though, I just like to have my phone completely naked. If I fuck up and drop it or scratch it, woe is me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, there's probably some cool screen protectors out there that you can buy that don't ruin the phone; I've only had experience with the shitty cheap ones my family members/friends put on their phones.

I still don't really feel the urge to put anything on my phone though, I just like to have my phone completely naked. If I fuck up and drop it or scratch it, woe is me.

I think it really comes down to how much are you bothered by little scratches. For me not at all since I went naked.

If Ryu did a shoryuken on my phone to give it the scar, I would be okay with it. Otherwise, fuck that noise, I don't want no scars on my phones!

This actually had me rollin....HAHAHAH

Yeah, I know what you mean, there are some crappy screen protectors out there. ..BUT some are like almost invisible that you can't even tell there on.

I too like having the Gnex be naked...feels soo good.

It's supposed to be Volume+ but it doesn't do shit.

hmm i've been using it but thought maybe I was going crazy that it didn't seem any louder. Maybe i'll just uninstall it then.

EDIT: Actually version 1.8.1.0 says ICS optimizations, maybe updating will fix the problem. Going to try that first. Not rooted so if mtsmylie is right then i'll just uninstall.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Other than franco, what kernel is popular?

kehs

Banned
So...my GN doesn't respond when I go into the bootloader the first time. I have to do a battery pull and then go back into the bootloader.

Whats up with that?

Salaadin

Got my Seidio case today and am loving it so far. I miss being naked but it was just too damn slippery. Seidios adds a nicer feel but not a lot of weight or bulk.

DXPett1

Seems like the 4.0.2 update introduced the Airplane Mode bug for my phone. Sweet :(

Apart from that I haven't had anything go wrong with my Tuna. Still loving it. Always gets attention.

kinggroin

Banned
damn.... over 11hrs before dying (I fell asleep at 12% so I have no clue HOW much over 11hrs)

2hrs of talk
1hr 15min of screen on for Facebook, web browsing, YouTube, and camera
2 hours of podcast streaming

I am pleased. Think I might settle down with this rom and kernal combo for a while (aokp #19 and Franco 13.1)

kehs

Banned
I guess I ordered a Sena sleeve for my phone last night, cause I just got an email saying they've shipped out my order. Hopefully it's good quality.

So there's a noticeable black border around the screen, it's even all around, is that how everyone's phone is? I'm guessing it has to do with the lamination type screen, I sorta prefer the air gap from the n1/ns. heh. Sorta kills the whole "screen blending" into the face of the phone.

gcubed

I guess I ordered a Sena sleeve for my phone last night, cause I just got an email saying they've shipped out my order. Hopefully it's good quality.

So there's a noticeable black border around the screen, it's even all around, is that how everyone's phone is? I'm guessing it has to do with the lamination type screen, I sorta prefer the air gap from the n1/ns. heh. Sorta kills the whole "screen blending" into the face of the phone.

1) Let me know how it is

2) i have no idea what you are talking about. The screen itself with a border? or the phone casing around the screen border?

PARANO1A

Dropped my 3 week old Nexus face down on a tiled floor. Glass shattered, LCD is ok :( I'm now trying to hunt down a repairer in Melbourne.

Feel really annoyed at myself.

Edit: had my Desire for years with no annoying mistake... have never broken a phone before!

gcubed

Seems like the 4.0.2 update introduced the Airplane Mode bug for my phone. Sweet :(

Apart from that I haven't had anything go wrong with my Tuna. Still loving it. Always gets attention.

that sucks, i haven't had a single reoccurance of it since 4.0.2 update and it was happening quite frequently before it

Top Bottom