• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

kinggroin

Banned
Holy shit this combo actually feels faster and the customization is nearly perfect. I love this phone, it's extremely capable. If the battery life is great I'm not moving away from this from at all...

Edit: why is Wi-Fi so much faster now? What is this black magic? I just hope that I see no more little bugs around cause this phone is amazing right now. All we needed was a great camera as the final addition =(

I hear 4.0.4 has support for better optics. Soon as that's out, its only a matter of time before ROM devs bake that in!

looks sexy. how does one apply such a theme? i didn't see any instructions in his post.

just flash the zip...that's it.

I tried it before...not that impress because some of your icons will most likely still be colored.

Edit: tried again...very subtle theme. I might stick with it.

So, can anyone who has Verizon help me out?

My upgrade is up... but because I don't have my own plan, I don't get the phone completely free. I'm under my mothers plan, so I get a discount.

Does anyone know how much the Nexus would cost with the discount? :D (or if I went through a site like Wirefly)

Husker86

So, can anyone who has Verizon help me out?

My upgrade is up... but because I don't have my own plan, I don't get the phone completely free. I'm under my mothers plan, so I get a discount.

Does anyone know how much the Nexus would cost with the discount? :D (or if I went through a site like Wirefly)

The Nexus has never been free from Verizon up to this point, no matter if new customer or not. The phone would be $300 from Verizon with your discount, Amazon/Wirefly have had sales down to $150 for upgrades.

Menelaus

Banned
I keep seeing this in my My Business portal, so it may be for corporate people only. Wouldn't hurt to ask a rep, though.

N4RhI.png

The Nexus has never been free from Verizon up to this point, no matter if new customer or not. The phone would be $300 from Verizon with your discount, Amazon/Wirefly have had sales down to $150 for upgrades.

On Wirefly I can get the Bionic for $49... Wow, that's nuts. I know this is offtopic considering it's a thread about the Nexus, but that's worth it, no? I also see the Bionic will be getting ICS very soon.

or maybe wait a few months for Verizon's next 'hot' phone and then the Nexus will likely be $49... hmm..

My current phone (incredible) has a massive spiderweb crack that spreaads from the bottom to the top and spreads out to both sides too.

I keep seeing this in my My Business portal, so it may be for corporate people only. Wouldn't hurt to ask a rep, though.

ffN4RhI.png

Yeah, think that's for corporate folk only :/ Also, with my discount I can already get the Nexus off Wirefly for $220

This phone looks amazing, I am still using the Droid Incredible on Verizon and I can get an upgrade now cause I am on a family plan, can't stand my phone much anymore screen is small and the battery life is getting worse. You guys think this would be a great upgrade for me to get.

This phone looks amazing, I am still using the Droid Incredible on Verizon and I can get an upgrade now cause I am on a family plan, can't stand my phone much anymore screen is small and the battery life is getting worse. You guys think this would be a great upgrade for me to get.
For sure.

DCX

DCX
Got it last night and im in love!! I have been trying to download apps that i had on my last phone mostly.

Im sure by the weekend ill be diving into the heart of ics and what GN can offer.

Dont know if it was brought up, is there anyway to sync contacts together? Twitter, Facebook, email contacts and such add them all into one? My Incredible did that and it was a fantastic feature.

DCX

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dont know if it was brought up, is there anyway to sync contacts together? Twitter, Facebook, email contacts and such add them all into one? My Incredible did that and it was a fantastic feature.

Use the People app.

Maxrunner

Thats good to hear...cause I'm crazy and would want the better spec version.

When I recommend people to wait for a better spec phone with ICS, people was bashing me saying its not about specs and that a Nexus phone is only once a year thing......

This is what I do when I try new roms.
1. Titanium backup,"Back up all apps"
2. SMS Backup & Restore, back up my text.
3. Nandroid back up.

4. I wipe the data/cache/dalvik

5. Follow Rom instruction for rom install

6. After the new rom is install, sign in google account and that should automatically install apps from market place. Let everything install before doing Titanium.

7. Install all missing up with titanium back up. Use "Restore missing apps with data" this will install app that you didn't install from market place like amazon & get getjar.

8. Try out the rom and If I don't like it ...I will restore previous rom with nandroid.

Never had issues trying out new roms. Everything goes smooth. I think I've tried every single rom/kernal/radio on the tuna...

M3 + franco 15 is awesome! battery is good so far, goes to deep sleep when it should. M2+ franco 15 got me like 20 hours with 2 1/2 screen time...thats fantastic.

Update: Got 11 hours with 3 hour screen time mostly surfing the net/youtube on wifi and moderate calls and text. 30 percent left on battery with francoTurle....very nice, could never done that with the Iphone 4s. This phone is awesome!!

how do you revert root??or is that done when instally google builds?

Maxrunner

Should i use that toolkit around to install those roms? what about the kernel???its kind of ironic that i swapped my GS2 for GN because of google updates and now im wanting to put a custom rom lol

kehs

Banned
So after a couple of weeks with ics, I'm actually digging the app switcher. I was ragging on it pretty hard when I first saw it but it's inviting enough and I really like the ability to long press and go into the app info to clear cache/data quickly.

SUPARSTARX

My speeds are still kind of awful. I've never seen these phenominal 5+ mbit speeds on the GSM version that everyone else apparently can achieve in NYC with T-Mobile.

Using Gummy Nex 0.7.0, Franco 15.2, Baseband UGKK7

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone know where I could getba good case for it? I bought a bulky black one and its very shit, it attracts so much dust and pocket dirt.

gcubed

So after a couple of weeks with ics, I'm actually digging the app switcher. I was ragging on it pretty hard when I first saw it but it's inviting enough and I really like the ability to long press and go into the app info to clear cache/data quickly.

mind blown

thespot84

i love and hate this. I swear once a week I learn some new awesome thing about my phone, which is really exciting. But at the same time, I shouldn't have to wait to learn about all the cool shit it could do. Isn't there an abridged release notes or something for ICS

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I didn't know that, either. Nice.

It's always a surprise to see whether a long press will do anything. And if it works, it's a surprise to see what the actions are.

rozay

Banned
I didn't know that, either. Nice.

It's always a surprise to see whether a long press will do anything. And if it works, it's a surprise to see what the actions are.
A lot of google's apps for 4.0 removed long press functionality though (market comes to mind). Still terribly inconsistent, if it were up to me I'd implement it systemwide and encourage developers to use it instead of menu buttons when appropriate.

Piano

Banned
So I know these questions have been bludgeoned to death but humor me. I've got a CDMA Nexus.

What's the difference between AOKP and Gummy? Which one's better?

What's the best set up for an improvement in both performance and battery life? Some undervolted kernel? Franco? The one included with Gummy?

THANX.

kehs

Banned
A lot of google's apps for 4.0 removed long press functionality though (market comes to mind). Still terribly inconsistent, if it were up to me I'd implement it systemwide and encourage developers to use it instead of menu buttons when appropriate.

Yeah, if you look through the ICS release notes, you'll see they mention how long pressing is no longer to be use for menus and popups, instead it's meant to be used for selection actions.

Which makes the long press use in the app switcher even stranger.

Bboy AJ

FB has some of the most talented people in the world working there. I don't understand how they keep putting out shit. Regardless, I don't really use the service so meh.

Husker86

So I know these questions have been bludgeoned to death but humor me. I've got a CDMA Nexus.

What's the difference between AOKP and Gummy? Which one's better?

What's the best set up for an improvement in both performance and battery life? Some undervolted kernel? Franco? The one included with Gummy?

THANX.

AOKP has a few unique CM features I think but Gummy is bringing them over it seems; already switched to CM launcher (Trebuchet) in 0.7.0.

I stick with Imo's kernel (the one that comes with Gummy) and am satisfied with the battery life I get.

Last time I took screenshot:
17h21m on battery @ 30%
1h11m screen on
43m29s voice calls

This is will the Samsung extended battery.

Husker86

And VZW, as well, using a little trickery. I just did this, and now have it installed on my LTE Tuna.....

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/0...m-the-market-on-the-verizon-lte-galaxy-nexus/

How? Isn't there some app that "unlocks" the Market?

You basically search the Market website using the browser, sign in, then hit back and the Market app will then allow it. It's all in the link. I followed the second set of steps, and it worked perfectly.

Wow...somehow blanked out the link in your post. Thanks!

Circle T

How? Isn't there some app that "unlocks" the Market?

You basically search the Market website using the browser, sign in, then hit back and the Market app will then allow it. It's all in the link. I followed the second set of steps, and it worked perfectly.

Top Bottom